Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Not a pop at you personally but ....Not more of the 'how about we change the 'rules' for this league'

There are SM rules, we adhere by those that are employed in our GW.

Can we all just accept the set up of this GW and get on with it rather than suggesting unenforceable 'agreements'

ya your prob right mate too much change aint good either i just dont want this world to lose its magic would be a shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Can I just ask is it possible to add the cannot buy from un-managed teams rule into this world? It may at least stop clubs from being stripped apart?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Herrick wrote: »
    Can I just ask is it possible to add the cannot buy from un-managed teams rule into this world? It may at least stop clubs from being stripped apart?

Yes, but only at the start of each season. I think it's already been agreed too that this restriction should be turned on for next season. It won't save clubs between now and the end of this season but it's the best that can be done.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yes, but only at the start of each season. I think it's already been agreed too that this restriction should be turned on for next season. It won't save clubs between now and the end of this season but it's the best that can be done.

Ah thats great news anyway! How long does a season last in this game? When is ours due to finish?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ah thats great news anyway! How long does a season last in this game? When is ours due to finish?

Just after New Years if I remember correctly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

This is what drives people away, the constant bickering. Well, It will drive me away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

pepper180 wrote: »
    This is what drives people away, the constant bickering. Well, It will drive me away.

Do you promise?

:pac: only kiddin :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

pepper180 wrote: »

Fight ya for Ronaldo.

Oh guys I have a quick question I meant to ask. When one of your players retires do you get their value added to your balance? I read something about the club being compensated?

Oh guys I have a quick question I meant to ask. When one of your players retires do you get their value added to your balance? I read something about the club being compensated?

I think it's the value, yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jaysus Mac this is getting old. Did you want your league to be the only one allowed on the boards site? Sure you're starting up a new league that will probably pull people from my league or Bazs many leagues, you don't hear us complaining

Tounge was firmly in cheek it was a joke. I'm hardly complaining hence the smiley face

Malaga applications in the other thread lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've taken a major step back from this gameworld being honest, and will admit I've shifted attention to the other worlds. With Spurs, I'm finding my results this year are dreadful, I've got 35m I can't give away and I think all the arguements that can be had have been had.

But while some may see it as PPPP's world taking my focus as a bad thing, being honest, the fact there's multiple worlds right now is the main thing keeping me as active as I have been. I've said in the past I opposed transfer windows because what I enjoy most about the game is tinkering with who I have on the team. Ironically, we pretty much have transfer windows now, since it strikes me there's very little movement during seasons anyway.

The balance has shifted between this gameworld and PPPP's and THE GOOD LEAGUE now, but that's so I can keep my interest in the game up as high as possible. If people want to keep interest high in this game world, then I think we need to focus on what made it popular in the first place; namely a vibrant, actively community who engaged in transfer but also in good hearted discussion...and being honest, it feels as if 90% of the discussion left in this topic revolves around arguments rather than actual debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Its just its mid season and no transfers hapening that has everyone a bit bored and annoyed. Wait till the season heats up and people are fighting for promotion etc the banter will start again :)

As i said up above the only solution i see for this gameworld as far as getting the transfer market back on track is to put a limit on how many 90+ players each team can have? It would be a gentleman's agreement of course but would spread the top players out more.

Again just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Neymar up to 93:D

Neymar up to 93:D

What was he before?

What was he before?

92, not a big jump but going in the right direction

Damien O Grady earned a draw with Newcastle United against Manchester City.
    Newcastle United dominated much of the play against Manchester City but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 1 fixture.
    Neymar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ben Arfa was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Damien O Grady earned a draw with Newcastle United against Manchester City.
    Newcastle United dominated much of the play against Manchester City but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 1 fixture.
    Neymar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ben Arfa was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Another new club record has been set by Juventus in D1. :cool:

10052013155729639082.jpg

SOON!

c8c2d82ad73a9cdacca752cacd6d9507.png66f34c18eab414816ae9ea1096e7adcf.png

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Tounge was firmly in cheek it was a joke. I'm hardly complaining hence the smiley face
    Just realised the smiley works on iPhone but doesn't work on boards.ie. sorry about that lads I was only messing last night

Eddy Mac steered Dortmund to victory against fierce rivals B.
    Munich.
    Dortmund outclassed B.
    Munich and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Götze scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Schmelzer and Gündoğan were also amongst the goalscorers.

Still in 3rd.. 2 points off top spot!

A few lads have been onto me about a boards.ie soccermanager facebook page. As im no longer on facebook any lads up for creating one?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    A few lads have been onto me about a boards.ie soccermanager facebook page. As im no longer on facebook any lads up for creating one?

Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

swoody wrote: »
    Y

so then we can all get to know each other, meet up and talk tactics face to face :rolleyes:

anyone want to earn some profit.......
    1. i'll sell Josh Pritchard for 800k if anyone is interested. he's worth 830k to Fulham and they have a bid of 795k in.
    2. i'll sell Robin Simović for 1M if anyone is interested. he's worth 1.540M to Helsingborgs and they have a bid of 929k in.
    3. i'll sell Joshua Gatt for 2.9M if anyone is interested. he's worth 3.740M to Molde and they have a bid of 2.5 in.
    4. i'll sell Alberto Masi for 3.5M if anyone is interested. he's worth 5.580M to Ternana and they have a bid of 3.1M in.

you can then sell to them in January for profit.... :)

some of the above will probably rise (ie Josh Pritchard as he's playing in the europa league)

Ronny Santos bought for 440k now valued 1.3 mill sweet!

Tommy Cahir is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of AJ Auxerre.
    The Málaga CF chairman has appointed Tommy Cahir as the clubs new manager.

Also Marcel SCHMELZER has been spotted in Manchester today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After tonights games, the cup semi-finals now look as follows...

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Palmeiras
    Sunderland vs Real Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Come on palmeiras:pac:pac:

• Advertisement

Wheres eirann bear when you need him too stir the pot ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement