Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I was hoping that considering there is a new manager at Schalke and that the deal wasn't for the face value of the player that it would go through

you did 2 deals one after another with the old manager, you try a 3rd and all transfers are reversed. then Schalke manager quits. you do the same deal abeit maybe more money with the new manager literally straight away on his 1st day in the office.......

RED FLAG ALERT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »
    you did 2 deals one after another with the old manager, you try a 3rd and all transfers are reversed. then Schalke manager quits. you do the same deal abeit maybe more money with the new manager literally straight away on his 1st day in the office.......

RED FLAG ALERT!

How can transfers happen if I cant buy players I am interested in? I can't help it if a couple of those players play for the same club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Dunno what Besiktas are playing at offering me 7m + Uğur BORAL who's a 31yr old 84 rated DM for Hernandez...why bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

How can transfers happen if I cant buy players I am interested in? I can't help it if a couple of those players play for the same club

Hence the poll on weather or not to remove the monitoring.....

Hence the poll on weather or not to remove the monitoring.....

Do you think we will be able to do the deals once this season is over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well I got banned from doing deal with Madrid in June..

So I bloody well hope so :mad:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Well I got banned from doing deal with Madrid in June..

So I bloody well hope so :mad:

Me too, hopefully once the fixtures come out for next season they will revert back to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is there any way of bidding for a player without anyone else seeing it. Twice this week I've bid for obscure players who had no bids and twice I've lost out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is there any way of bidding for a player without anyone else seeing it. Twice this week I've bid for obscure players who had no bids and twice I've lost out

Were they shortlisted by others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Not while the monitoring is turned on, but it needs to be turned off before the start of season or else we have to live with it again....

Hence VOTE FAST!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Were they shortlisted by others?

Most likely this other wise others heard of them after you bidded as if you bud for a player that no one has short listed no one will know

eh i dunno wrote: »

one of them was Wahbi Khazri, i know cause i've had him shortlisted for months ;)

will check my shortlist for the other but i saw you bid on him :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was there a reason they got rid of the "last online" display in the game?

It's quite frustrating not knowing sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

yea i thought that function was handy

Not while the monitoring is turned on, but it needs to be turned off before the start of season or else we have to live with it again....

Hence VOTE FAST!!!

Just after voting and I think it should be turned off. I have been blocked from doing transfers with Schalke and I don't see the reason for it as both managers are happy with the deal

If when it is turned off that managers start taking advantage of it then I think they should be kicked out as there are enough people looking to join and most people on here seem reasonable(well most of the time anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Transfer monitoring should be left on, it'll keep cheating out of the game

I think Mac should send a PM to everyone though saying not to report a bid unless they check in this thread first, I'm sure there's a lot of managers who don't even check this thread who are reporting away without knowing the reasons behind the transfer

Transfer monitoring should be left on, it'll keep cheating out of the game

I think Mac should send a PM to everyone though saying not to report a bid unless they check in this thread first, I'm sure there's a lot of managers who don't even check this thread who are reporting away without knowing the reasons behind the transfer

I hope people aren't reporting transfers as it is a bit childish and it is a bit late to send out a pm for the likes of myself and Schalke and Malaga and Madrid to do any transfers

If people decide to start cheating does Mac have the option of removing those people from the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Be great if Mac was told who reported a transfer so he could suss out their reasons in private to see if they are genuine..

I hope people aren't reporting transfers as it is a bit childish and it is a bit late to send out a pm for the likes of myself and Schalke and Malaga and Madrid to do any transfers

If people decide to start cheating does Mac have the option of removing those people from the league?

I'd say there is tbh, there's 80 managers and all of them don't check this thread, I'd say half is even pushing it.

That would be a lot of work for Mac and he'd have to keep an eye on nearly every transfer, there would be subtle ways of cheating if the monitoring is turned off, I know a way myself, and it probably wouldn't be detected. I think it's best if it's kept on and Mac just makes sure that none of the managers are reporting transfers for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

how can he know people aren't doing that though?

• Advertisement

I'd say there is tbh, there's 80 managers and all of them don't check this thread, I'd say half is even pushing it.

That would be a lot of work for Mac and he'd have to keep an eye on nearly every transfer, there would be subtle ways of cheating if the monitoring is turned off, I know a way myself, and it probably wouldn't be detected. I think it's best if it's kept on and Mac just makes sure that none of the managers are reporting transfers for the craic.

I agree that most managers don't read this but what I am saying is that Malaga and Madrid still wont be able to do transfers and neither will Schalke and myself even if Mac send out a pm. There may be other clubs blocked already as well

As for the cheating I'd hazard a guess that 90% of the top players are all shortlisted so if someone bought Ronaldo for 30m it would be easy for someone to send Mac a pm and he could investigate it further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus if only SM gave a reason for reversal or a method of appealing the reversals and transfer bans!

Jaysus if only SM gave a reason for reversal or a method of appealing the reversals and transfer bans!

That would be fine but as far as I know that's not possible.

When the poll was first setup I wasn't overly bothered by it as it never affected me but now that it has I see people's point that it should be turned off and if it does happen to anyone else I'm sure they would think the same

i emailed SM and told them someone was constantly blocking my Lich transfers and was able to sell him to Kyiv eventually after they lifted our ban...... :cool:

lost some very important transfers while this was going on and they managed to put me in the red but i'm fit and healthy now.

swoody wrote: »
    i emailed SM and told them someone was constantly blocking my Lich transfers and was able to sell him to Kyiv eventually after they lifted our ban...... :cool:

lost some very important transfers while this was going on and they managed to put me in the red but i'm fit and healthy now.

What email address did you send it to?

Taking bids on Tiote at the minute and I will be accepting the best offer on Sunday so if anyone is interested fire in a bid

I agree that most managers don't read this but what I am saying is that Malaga and Madrid still wont be able to do transfers and neither will Schalke and myself even if Mac send out a pm. There may be other clubs blocked already as well

As for the cheating I'd hazard a guess that 90% of the top players are all shortlisted so if someone bought Ronaldo for 30m it would be easy for someone to send Mac a pm and he could investigate it further

Well we'll have to see if the teams are able to do business again next season first.

There were 3,010 transfers last season and that number could double if monitoring is turned off, you give one example, that's simple to deal with, but when you're talking about 5000-6000 transfers a season anybody could be cheating and getting away with it. Not to mention there is 67,773 players in the database, which is growing daily, think of how insignificant your 90% of the "top" players is in that context.

Well we'll have to see if the teams are able to do business again next season first.

There were 3,010 transfers last season and that number could double if monitoring is turned off, you give one example, that's simple to deal with, but when you're talking about 5000-6000 transfers a season anybody could be cheating and getting away with it. Not to mention there is 67,773 players in the database, which is growing daily, think of how insignificant your 90% of the "top" players is in that context.

True but how many of those players are genuinely going to influence teams???

If all teams are able to start from scratch at the start of next season then fair enough and a pm from Mac to everybody in the league about reporting transfers would be no harm but I can't see it lasting long before another transfer get's blocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If I turn monitoring off and we do know of two managers cheating I'm powerless too remove them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If I turn monitoring off and we do know of two managers cheating I'm powerless too remove them

are you not powerless to remove people anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement