Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Poor? :)

Stick Neymar and / or Thiago in a p/e deal there to return the status quo and we'll have a chat. ;)

Didn't realise you were offering Messi and Pique:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ha, i'm getting it from all angles! :)
    Guess I wont be selling to poor Newcastle so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Damn you Lazio!! I had a 20 million bid for Yilmaz thinking that would do but didn't know you were talking to Barcelona.

If anyone is selling a 90+ rated striker please let me know (Everton).

Still rock bottom of Division 1 although I've only lost 1 of the last 4 and I've kept a few clean sheets as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Damn you Lazio!! I had a 20 million bid for Yilmaz thinking that would do but didn't know you were talking to Barcelona.

If anyone is selling a 90+ rated striker please let me know (Everton).

Still rock bottom of Division 1 although I've only lost 1 of the last 4 and I've kept a few clean sheets as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Ireland to victory against Saudi Arabia.
    Ireland beat Saudi Arabia 2 - 1 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 4 fixture.
    Hoolahan was on the scoresheet for his side.

We were all over them and really should have scored more!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Lads,

I'm leaving. My sincere apologies for leaving on such short notice. I'm 100% positive you'll find someone very quick to fill my boots at my Real Madrid.

It was a good time but in real life I've started a new job and I've no time at all. I'm getting on here for the 1st time in almost a week. I'm signing on once a week and It's a waste of a club.
    Lads, someone else would enjoy the team more than me at the minute.

Real Madrid have a lovely set up with some beast signings and I have them sitting in 3rd place and pushing for the title with a bit of T.L.C.
    They are also in the Semi Finals in the Boards League Cup.

Big thank you to Mac for setting up the league and having me as part of it from the start.
    Great bunch of lads in here and thanks to all of you for the laughs we do have! I'll try drop in on the thread as much as I can to see how everyone is doing.

Love from,

Pepper.

cristiano-ronaldo-668-jose-mourinho-waving-goodbye-leaving-real-madrid-in-2013.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Big week for managers retiring from gameworld alot of changes lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Thats a big job available for the right manager. Gudluck Pepper with the new job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Pepper,

You were a gent to deal with, and very fair when it came to transfers.

Good luck in the new job!

PS: dont forget to apply for one of the vacant clubs when the new job starts getting boring ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

pepper180 wrote: »
    Lads,

I'm leaving. My sincere apologies for leaving on such short notice. I'm 100% positive you'll find someone very quick to fill my boots at my Real Madrid.

It was a good time but in real life I've started a new job and I've no time at all. I'm getting on here for the 1st time in almost a week. I'm signing on once a week and It's a waste of a club.
    Lads, someone else would enjoy the team more than me at the minute.

Real Madrid have a lovely set up with some beast signings and I have them sitting in 3rd place and pushing for the title with a bit of T.L.C.
    They are also in the Semi Finals in the Boards League Cup.

Big thank you to Mac for setting up the league and having me as part of it from the start.
    Great bunch of lads in here and thanks to all of you for the laughs we do have! I'll try drop in on the thread as much as I can to see how everyone is doing.

Love from,

Pepper.

cristiano-ronaldo-668-jose-mourinho-waving-goodbye-leaving-real-madrid-in-2013.jpg

Like GTI said come back too us as soon as you get time. I will miss ya around the thread tho.

Applications in the usual thread lads 24 hours GO

• Advertisement

Scared of El Classico. New job me arse. :pac:

I jest. Best of luck mate, one of the good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Fighting relegation, thought things were looking good following 3 wins in a row but sadly they were followed by 3 defeats. Need to rejig my team I think. Tried selling Eriksen a few times but I can't bare let take the risk of letting him go anymore. No money in the bank either :D

Mesut özil's stats are horrible considering his rating 5 goals and 9 assists in 2 seasons (56) games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

TheGunns wrote: »
    Fighting relegation, thought things were looking good following 3 wins in a row but sadly they were followed by 3 defeats. Need to rejig my team I think. Tried selling Eriksen a few times but I can't bare let take the risk of letting him go anymore. No money in the bank either :D

I could take him off you no prob ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

3rd transfer I've had reversed...... Bull****

You must be a right little del boy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Turn SMFA monitoring off. Problem solved!

bazarakus wrote: »

Oh no you didn't :D:D:D

Ladies and Gents, my replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Don't worry man, it will soon be explained to you.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

bazarakus wrote: »

Mac is doing it at the end of the season

Mac is doing it at the end of the season

Forgive me, but was that 100% agreed to, only asking because if it is I'll be happy out (well happier than I was before my good news from the SMFA.....)

I think it was suggested/discussed again but not set in stone?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Here, what's the story with Real, who got the job, I don't recognise the name...

Forgive me, but was that 100% agreed to, only asking because if it is I'll be happy out (well happier than I was before my good news from the SMFA.....)

I think it was suggested/discussed again but not set in stone?

Do you not remember the "hope you're happy Tupac, you got your way"?

It was about 50/50 between the team's but it seemed your badgering was worth some extra votes ;)

Do you not remember the "hope you're happy Tupac, you got your way"?

It was about 50/50 between the team's but it seemed your badgering was worth some extra votes ;)

I do remember that comment and as far as I do recall it was in response to a suggestion by Mac that we might turn it off next season, not that it would be??

Don't want to drag all this up again, just want to know if its a done deal or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Nothing was decided on it.

Eventhough i had a deal reversed i'd be against turnung off monitoring....

I just saved a mil or 2-3more, waited acweek and did the deal just fine second time round

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

when a 6M + 82 rated player (valued at 3.2M) bid is overlooked for 20M for a 90 rated player = red_flag.png

like GT, said give it a week or two and bid again against no competition.......

swoody wrote: »
    when a 6M + 82 rated player (valued at 3.2M) bid is overlooked for 20M for a 90 rated player = red_flag.png

like GT, said give it a week or two and bid again against no competition.......

Jaysus, when you look at it like that you'd wonder alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

i'd prefare to leave it on.
    i had a deal reversed and im delighted!

to think i actually tried to buy dosenna!!

That's the deal he's on about lads - Yilmaz to Lazio for 6m + young Lazio player....
    After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving SS Lazio and Barcelona regarding Burak YILMAZ has been reversed.

First time ever I've had a deal reversed, and even still, I am against turning off monitoring. Hard to understand how that particular deal can be reversed, considering Yilmaz's market value was 6m odd, and I got 6m cash and a player in exchange - He was sold in essence for more than his value, so what is the problem?

Well he's back now, and his concerns have vanished, so might as well leave him where he is so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does it compare it to other bids for similiar rated players?

While I think that deal would suit in other gameworlds, the sad fact is in this gameworld, it is drastically undervaluing the player. As Swoody said, you turned down a drastically bigger offer, and chances are you'd have gotten even bigger offers had you asked on here. So I'd imagine it's the system spotting a player who could be going for 30m, relative to other transfers, went for a third of what he could have fetched.

I didn't want to say anything when the offer was accepted and discussed on here. But I'm not surprised one bit that it was reversed.

And I'm still against turning monitoring off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement