Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Maybe one of the non-boards posters managers reported it because they can't buy a 90 with 25m and someone bought one with 6m and a youngster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Might be on to something there mate.

So in that case, are we wasting our time trying to buy and sell players for realistic valuations?
    And does it now become a meat market where I should hold out for the highest bidder each time I want to shift a player? Balls to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm not surprised either. Offered 20m or 6 and as above, a 3.2m. They obviously saw something wrong with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Al Capwned wrote: »

So in that case, are we wasting our time trying to buy and sell players for realistic valuations?
    And does it now become a meat market where I should hold out for the highest bidder each time I want to shift a player? Balls to that.

Without turning off SMFA monitoring..... Yes

Have there been any cases where it was felt that a transfer was justifiably reversed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's probably a middle ground. I mean, I've got plenty of players for round their proper valuation, and I've not sold many for more than 150% of their value.

And it probably doesn't help that tupac has been flagged numerous times before as well...

Would love for the reasons behind reversed transfers to be confirmed to parties involved though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maybe one of the non-boards posters managers reported it because they can't buy a 90 with 25m and someone bought one with 6m and a youngster

well, they should try coming on here for a chat (afterall it is a league only open to boardsies ...

I for one am more inclined to do a deal with one of the regulars here than I would be with a team that rarely or never posts here

a few extra quid might make that reversed deal all the more realistic from a SMFA pt of view

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Might also be worthwhile just doing two separate deals for cash. Even if it means tupac gives more cash for Yilmaz to look, as an individual deal, as if the value is higher, and then you just pay over the odds for the other player (thus giving tupac his cash back).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

....moving swiftly along!!

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Rangers.
    Estudiantes beat Rangers 4 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Hoilett was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Roux was also on the scoresheet for his side.

This bloody email notification is some load of scutter - I've just gotten a couple of emails saying that I've private messages from a couple of different managers, and I cant remember if they're from earlier today or what!!!

So far behind it's not real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Yilmaz deal reversed...I swear I had nothing to do with it, i promise!

My 20 million offer still stands by the way if the deal doesn't work out with Lazio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That's the deal he's on about lads - Yilmaz to Lazio for 6m + young Lazio player....

First time ever I've had a deal reversed, and even still, I am against turning off monitoring. Hard to understand how that particular deal can be reversed, considering Yilmaz's market value was 6m odd, and I got 6m cash and a player in exchange - He was sold in essence for more than his value, so what is the problem?

Because Yilmaz is worth more in this world than 6 million and I'd wager Tupac's chairman's valuation was a lot higher than his facevalue too.

For Instance, my chairman values him at 11.14 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

unkymo wrote: »
    Yilmaz deal reversed...

Fry-Not-Sure-If-Futurama-Facebook-Timeline-Cover.jpg

I swear I had nothing to do with it, i promise!

spongebob_epic_face_2_by_nikolaz666-d41kbk3.jpg

My 20 million offer still stands by the way if the deal doesn't work out with Lazio.

1492-yeah-sure.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I had Yilmaz on my shortlist for ages. I put a bid in for him a few weeks ago when his concerns went up to Level 3 but the previous Barcelona manager rejected it.

Then the new Barcelona manager decided to have a clearout so I sent him a PM about Yilmaz (which I got no reply to) and then I saw Lazio had made a bid so I decided to make my bid. Unknown to me was that the Barca manager and Lazio manager were doing their own deal between them.

I've no problem with that at all and I didn't report anyone.

Apologies for not replying to your PM unkymo. As you can imagine, I've had dozens, and if I've missed anyone elses too (Estudiantes was one), please accept my apologies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lazio could try the deal again but up their cash offer to 10Mish

but...

the bottom line is Lazio and Barca are probably now banned from doing Business with each other FOREVER!.........FOREVER!

Forever?
    For **** all.

swoody wrote: »
    lazio could try the deal again but up their cash offer to 10Mish

but...

the bottom line is Lazio and Barca are probably now banned from doing Business with each other FOREVER!.........FOREVER!

I had my higuain deal overturned, waited a bit, upped the bid and hey presto ... Gonzalo and Dzeko are forming a formidable partnerships...

I reckon if you push through the exact same deal again it might cause you problems, but otherwise should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lads if somebody has concerns does sending them on loan clear there concerns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

JamboMac wrote: »
    Lads if somebody has concerns does sending them on loan clear there concerns?

Don't think so. If I recall correctly some of them get concerned if they're sent on loan.

Imagine Lukaku's concern in real life :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

tom_k wrote: »
    Imagine Lukaku's concern in real life :eek:

Lukaku doesn't have concerns..

Concern has 'Lukaku'.

Romelu-Lukaku-1.jpg

pepper180 wrote: »
    Lukaku doesn't have concerns..

Concern has 'Lukaku'.

Romelu-Lukaku-1.jpg

do you miss us already?

How does a players concern level affect him in the game?

Guys,

Some youngsters available for sale and loan at FCP:

FOR SALE
    Player Pos. Age Rate Price
    LUCÃO, Alves D(C) 21 75 270k
    TASSI, Lorenzo DM,M,AM(C) 18 75 310k
    FOSSUM, Iver M(RLC) 17 75 320k
    FOFANA, Diacko D,DM(R) 19 77 700k
    SĆEPOVIĆ, Marko F(C) 22 84 2.5M
    GOSLING, Dan M(RC) 23 84 3.1M

FOR LOAN
    Player Pos. Age Rate
    VÍETTO, Luciano AM(C),F(LC) 19 85
    VUKČEVIĆ, Boris AM(RLC),F(RL) 23 86
    EL GHANASSY, Yassine AM(RLC),F(RL) 23 86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads we agreed too turn buying from unmanaged clubs off notjing about SMFA monitoring tho

anyone here any good at making graphic signatures with photoshop?

swoody wrote: »
    anyone here any good at making graphic signatures with photoshop?

Not me, but ... I might consider letting THAT player go ;)

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Not me, but ... I might consider letting THAT player go ;)

cash or p/e?....or both?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement