Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Seaneh wrote: »
    Lads, can we make a dummy account as a place holder for CSKA.

I honestly think it would be a shame for them the be stripped of their players and think they should be a massive attraction to anyone with a brain looking at the league.

Can we not set the settings in the gameworld so as that unmanaged clubs cant sell their players like lots of other gameworlds do?

It would stop all that stripping of unmanaged teams to teams that hoard players, will will inevitably kill this gameworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Tinie wrote: »
    Can we not set the settings in the gameworld so as that unmanaged clubs cant sell their players like lots of other gameworlds do?

It would stop all that stripping of unmanaged teams to teams that hoard players, will will inevitably kill this gameworld.

It'll be changed at the end of the current season, as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

my celtic bound icelandic stiker Holmbert Aron Fridjonsson got a +1 today

Jordan Leyden got a +3

and Mario Pasalic whom i just signed yesterday got a +4......he's worth 1.5M now instead of 460K! :cool:

look who i'm photoshopping into a new sig....... muhahahahaha

b2679d4f97b40f61f0cf269ac92274e4.png

:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

C'mon lads, I need more advice on whether to take CSKA or stick with Sporting.

• Advertisement

Sporting will get stripped if you leave them so there's not much you can do. I know you'd probably find a manager for them easier but it's not a guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

C'mon lads, I need more advice on whether to take CSKA or stick with Sporting.

I would view Sporting as the bigger club myself, depends what you think yourself.

What is the difference in stadium size and attendances and so earning power?

Looking at the team's who went up last season and their performances this season I think you will be in a good position for next season in division 3 with Sporting.

You will kind of have to start again with CSKA?

CSKA have an 84,000 seater stadium and pulled 84k in their last home game.

Sporting have a 50,000 seater and I get anywhere between 35-50k at a game.

CSKA, in my view, are a better long term option and even have a better team right now as well as a lot of money in the bank.
    I'd be looking at another year in D4 but I don't really mind that, because I think I'd have a squad good enough to go for the cup or shield as well as the D4 title next year.

So do I sacrifice the glory of winning the league with Sporting now for the sake of being competitive in D1 in a few seasons with CSKA?

I genuinely think CSKA will be a better platform for future success but it would be hard to leave Sporting.

edit: It seems my last 3 home league games have been sellouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

CSKA have an 84,000 seater stadium and pulled 84k in their last home game.

Sporting have a 50,000 seater and I get anywhere between 35-50k at a game.

CSKA, in my view, are a better long term option and even have a better team right now as well as a lot of money in the bank.
    I'd be looking at another year in D4 but I don't really mind that, because I think I'd have a squad good enough to go for the cup or shield as well as the D4 title next year.

So do I sacrifice the glory of winning the league with Sporting now for the sake of being competitive in D1 in a few seasons with CSKA?

I genuinely think CSKA will be a better platform for future success but it would be hard to leave Sporting.

edit: It seems my last 3 home league games have been sellouts.

Then if you feel you can replicate what you have done with Sporting with CSKA then I would go for that.

The hard part though is leaving what you have started, which is why they are still unmanaged.

Although the special one as you label yourself should place himself above any loyalty for legacy.

Then if you feel you can replicate what you have done with Sporting with CSKA then I would go for that.

The hard part though is leaving what you have started, which is why they are still unmanaged.

Although the special one as you label yourself should place himself above any loyalty for legacy.

**** it, I'm gonna do it!

• Advertisement

Sure go for Hamburg in that case!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CSKA only have 6.7m in the bank now. Don't ask me where the other 50m (approx.) went! They haven't bought players as far as I can see.

Wilberto wrote: »
    CSKA only have 6.7m in the bank now. Don't ask me where the other 50m (approx.) went! They haven't bought players as far as I can see.

WTF, that makes no sense!!!

Sure go for Hamburg in that case!

Jambo went for them already and his ranking is higher than mine AFAIK.

In what must surely be the biggest shock of the season, CSKA Moskva have confirmed that they have reached an agreement with Sporting Lisbon Manager José Seaninho to take over the vacant head coch role at the Club.

Sporting have been the stand out side in the Boards.ie League Divison 4 this season and are the run away leaders with a 14 point advantage at the top and a 24 game unbeaten run.

"The Special One" as José has been dubbed by fans and the media alike said that he felt that even without him, the team he has put together at Sporting will go on to great things and will continue to strive towards the league title and he wishes them and the fans the best of luck in the remainder of the season. The Sporting fans are said to be devastated by the news of his departure but understand that someone like Seaninho doesn't belong to any one club but exists to improve Football as a whole, and if he feels to need to go and take another club to the heights he has steered Sporting, then so be it.

José has stated that his aim now is to steady the ship at CSKA and launch an all out assault on the D4 title next year.
    He said in an interview on his way out of the Sporting offices this afternoon, enroute to Lisbon airport that he cannot wait to get going in Moskva and is looking forward to meeting his new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

swoody wrote: »
    look who i'm photoshopping into a new sig....... muhahahahaha

b2679d4f97b40f61f0cf269ac92274e4.png

:cool:

Need to work on that photoshopping looks a bit, eh how do you say it in PC way.

No PC way of saying special needs.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Need to work on that photoshopping looks a bit, eh how do you say it in PC way.

No PC way of saying special needs.

i have no photoshop experience, i just watched a few youtube clips and did a Alexis one yesterday and now i'm having a go at Reus, Digne and others :D

btw this is a pic after i put his head on, it's obviously not the finished article... :rolleyes:
    i will refine it dont worry.... ;)

turn on signatures and check out myAlexis signature below bth_arrow-pointing-down_picnik.jpg

What you need to do is get the heads about the same size crop it and move it over the bottom layer, get the top layer(head) and get it in position and angle. Make sure you are on the top layer and get the eraser to refine parts needed.

Hope that helps some.

The neck is the major problem there.

We have just recieved breaking news that José Seaninho's move from Sporting to CSKA has collapsed and instead of boarding his connecting flight from Berlin to Moscow, Seaninho has boarded a return flight to Lisbon.

We are hearing from sources in Lisbon that a miscommunication between the Board and the manager caused a breakdown in their working relationships over the past few weeks with Seaninho believing that the boards ambitions for the club did not match his own.

Apparently at an emergency meeting of the board which took place while Seaninho was in the air, the board decided to make one last bid to keep their man and have told him they are prepared to back him and meet his requests for the future of the club.

The Sporting players have just been told of this announcement and it's believed that they are close to tears, such is their joy at the news that their leader will not be leaving them.

Sporting's Captain Salvatore Boccheti said in a brief statement to our people on the ground in Lisbon that "today has been a total rollercoaster, at first we were heart broken to have lost the man we feel is the best manager in the world, but now we are ecstatic that he will be staying, I can't even put into words how happy and relieved I am".

Sporting's 21 year old Portugese International and youth team product, William Carvalho said, while holding back tears "I owe José so much and I am so happy that he won't be leaving, he's the manager who has helped me most in my career so far, I wouldn't be the player I am today without him".

The clubs star striker Alessandro Matri is said to have driven to the airport to collect Seainho himself, such is his depth of feeling to his manager, a man he calls "il Grande Generale".

José Seaninho and the sporting board have refused to give a statement at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Anyone have an AMR player around 89 or so for sale I'd be interested, circa 9m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

We have just recieved breaking news that José Seaninho's move from Sporting to CSKA has collapsed and instead of boarding his connecting flight from Berlin to Moscow, Seaninho has boarded a return flight to Lisbon.

We are hearing from sources in Lisbon that a miscommunication between the Board and the manager caused a breakdown in their working relationships over the past few weeks with Seaninho believing that the boards ambitions for the club did not match his own.

Apparently at an emergency meeting of the board which took place while Seaninho was in the air, the board decided to make one last bid to keep their man and have told him they are prepared to back him and meet his requests for the future of the club.

The Sporting players have just been told of this announcement and it's believed that they are close to tears, such is their joy at the news that their leader will not be leaving them.

Sporting's Captain Salvatore Boccheti said in a brief statement to our people on the ground in Lisbon that "today has been a total rollercoaster, at first we were heart broken to have lost the man we feel is the best manager in the world, but now we are ecstatic that he will be staying, I can't even put into words how happy and relieved I am".

Sporting's 21 year old Portugese International and youth team product, William Carvalho said, while holding back tears "I owe José so much and I am so happy that he won't be leaving, he's the manager who has helped me most in my career so far, I wouldn't be the player I am today without him".

The clubs star striker Alessandro Matri is said to have driven to the airport to collect Seainho himself, such is his depth of feeling to his manager, a man he calls "il Grande Generale".

José Seaninho and the sporting board have refused to give a statement at this time.

All lies. Reliable sources indicate Seaninho was stunned to discover the harsh weather conditions of Russia, having previously believed it to be an island off the South of Italy.

Upon further research it has emerged that Seaninho failed his junior cert geography! lol:pac:

Herrick wrote: »

You'd be doing well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Herrick wrote: »

id imagine you'd want 20m to get an 89

eh i dunno wrote: »

There or there about, yeah, I'd agree. You might get an old 89 on decline for cheap but he won't be 89 for long

Seamo87 wrote: »
    All lies. Reliable sources indicate Seaninho was stunned to discover the harsh weather conditions of Russia, having previously believed it to be an island off the South of Italy.

Upon further research it has emerged that Seaninho failed his junior cert geography! lol:pac:

Seaninho, having played CSKA in a competitive match in Moscow recently was not just aware of it's location, but was already familiar with the city itself. Since that away trip it's been rumoured he's been having a romatic affair with Russian model Masha Novoselova, having been spotted out and about with the leggy beauty several times with the pair looking very comfortable together.

Seaninho, having played CSKA in a competitive match in Moscow recently was not just aware of it's location, but was already familiar with the city itself. Since that away trip it's been rumoured he's been having a romatic affair with Russian model Masha Novoselova, having been spotted out and about with the leggy beauty several times with the pair looking very comfortable together.

Thank god that imagination will keep you warm;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

eh i dunno wrote: »

Ah feck :(

PPPP is selling an Argentinian world cup member 88 MR for €7

:pac:

Need to off load to bring in some talent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

PPPP is selling an Argentinian world cup member 88 MR for €7

:pac:

who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement