Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So sunderland vs who?

Sunderland will be the away team at the Luzhniki stadium :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

swoody wrote: »
    Sunderland will be the away team at the Luzhniki stadium :rolleyes:

The same stadium where Rob Heffernan won his gold medal. At least, I think it was anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

So sunderland vs who?

Palmeiras.

Dunno how I beat Spurs. Put out a mostly second string team so as to preserve the conditions of my regulars none of whom are above 89 as I need them to help in my bid to get out of Div 4 this season.

Was surprised when I logged in tonight and first thing I saw was an in game PM from Sunderland manager who'd also won his semi congratulating me.

tom_k wrote: »
    Palmeiras.

Dunno how I beat Spurs. Put out a mostly second string team so as to preserve the conditions of my regulars none of whom are above 89 as I need them to help in my bid to get out of Div 4 this season.

Was surprised when I logged in tonight and first thing I saw was an in game PM from Sunderland manager who'd also won his semi congratulating me.

spuds didnt have someone to bale them out......... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

God spurs get an awful lot of abuse in this thread :(

COYS!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sorry, thought Palmaras was a CPU team. Congrats :D

Forgot it was the semis. Most of my first team needed a rest so played a weak team. If I had remembered it was a semis, I wouldn't have rested half of the players I did.

But that I forgot is probably a sign of how much I'm falling out of love with the game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sorry, thought Palmaras was a CPU team. Congrats :D

Forgot it was the semis. Most of my first team needed a rest so played a weak team. If I had remembered it was a semis, I wouldn't have rested half of the players I did.

But that I forgot is probably a sign of how much I'm falling out of love with the game....

For better or worse .... :rolleyes:

Adam CAMPBELL has completed his move to FC Porto from Oxford United for 513,000 plus Graces RAFAEL and Alves LUCÃO . All other offers were turned down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I love the game more then most and there are weeks I don't get too log in bar once or twice for 5 mins. The biggest problem I find is when I log in I stay online for ages! Looking at players ,other squads , players tables etc and sometimes after a long day in work I really couldn't be arsed.. Doesn't mean I don't love the game just means I want some down time and you can't get that with this game

Also lads I think it's worth re visiting the transfer monitoring situation. If we turn it off one of the pros will be the big teams parting with 90+ players IMO. As the small teams can offer 3r4 young talents.
    I know I'd listen too offers for at least 2 90+ players if I was gettin 3/4 prospects

I was against it previously but for the most part I think itll increase transfers and interest and IF we don't like it after a season well turn it on again!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I love the game more then most and there are weeks I don't get too log in bar once or twice for 5 mins. The biggest problem I find is when I log in I stay online for ages! Looking at players ,other squads , players tables etc and sometimes after a long day in work I really couldn't be arsed.. Doesn't mean I don't love the game just means I want some down time and you can't get that with this game

Also lads I think it's worth re visiting the transfer monitoring situation. If we turn it off one of the pros will be the big teams parting with 90+ players IMO. As the small teams can offer 3r4 young talents.
    I know I'd listen too offers for at least 2 90+ players if I was gettin 3/4 prospects

I was against it previously but for the most part I think itll increase transfers and interest and IF we don't like it after a season well turn it on again!

I genuinly think this need a vote where usernames are seen and need more than 50% of the teams in the GW to vote ... as it does change the dynamic of the game imo

like I said, have had a deal reversed, a little bit of extra cash and voila, deal approved.

• Advertisement

I genuinly think this need a vote where usernames are seen and need more than 50% of the teams in the GW to vote ... as it does change the dynamic of the game imo

like I said, have had a deal reversed, a little bit of extra cash and voila, deal approved.

Vote will have too be public! But not 50% of people voting IMO. Leave the vote open 3 weeks and ill pm every manager on soccer manager and tell them and if they don't vote thats there problem would be the attitude I take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Vote should be public.

No need for 50% of managers to vote - this world was set up for boards posters, and it should be the opinions of those people that post here that count.
    I think that everyone that posts on here will vote, and if people have set up boards accounts just to join the world and don't post here well then it's their hard luck imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd agree with Mac and Al. Maybe put a link to the poll in the gameworld message Mac, some would be too lazy to find it themselves

I'd agree with Mac and Al. Maybe put a link to the poll in the gameworld message Mac, some would be too lazy to find it themselves

Can do. Any one who wants too set up the poll can drive on with my blessing

Do I remember someone saying that you aren't allowed to put URL's in messages?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I used to be logged on most of the day, looking at teams and players too. Used to throw bids in, throw messages off and was constantly buying and selling, tinkering with things.

Now though, I don't see the point. 90% of "desirable" players are marked as unavailable. I've thrown offers in on the ones who are for 3 or 4 times value, and still get rejected. So now with Spurs, I set my team and switch over and out. I do far more in THE GOOD LEAGUE now, since I can actually buy players; sold my best player for 26m a few weeks back, and managed to use that money to buy 6 other players, upping my squad average drastically.

That's something I think people need to consider more in this gameworld tbh; no one wants to take cash for a player, even though that cash could then be used to buy players from another manager, and could be used to up squad averages. Every deal seems to need p/e. At this stage, I've shifted off most of the players I'm willing to shift off, most for cash as well. I've got 35m in the bank; in the other leagues, I'd be incredibly rich. In this world, I may as well have nothing :)

Does turning off monitoring also turn off the "You can only buy three players from a team" rule? Also, what's stopping a 90+ for 3 youths right now? Sure, you can't do them in the one deal, but you can do it in separate deals...

And I still think the cons outweight the pros; imagine with it off, Pepper could have shifted 90% of the Real team out before he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Do I remember someone saying that you aren't allowed to put URL's in messages?

i think that's right

Just leave out the '.' in the URL, like www boards ie/soccermanager poll or whatever

Just leave out the '.' in the URL, like www boards ie/soccermanager poll or whatever

Go ahead so! ;)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Go ahead so! ;)

I can't send gameworld messages to a GW I don't own ;)

• Advertisement

I used to be logged on most of the day, looking at teams and players too. Used to throw bids in, throw messages off and was constantly buying and selling, tinkering with things.

Now though, I don't see the point. 90% of "desirable" players are marked as unavailable. I've thrown offers in on the ones who are for 3 or 4 times value, and still get rejected. So now with Spurs, I set my team and switch over and out. I do far more in THE GOOD LEAGUE now, since I can actually buy players; sold my best player for 26m a few weeks back, and managed to use that money to buy 6 other players, upping my squad average drastically.

That's something I think people need to consider more in this gameworld tbh; no one wants to take cash for a player, even though that cash could then be used to buy players from another manager, and could be used to up squad averages. Every deal seems to need p/e. At this stage, I've shifted off most of the players I'm willing to shift off, most for cash as well. I've got 35m in the bank; in the other leagues, I'd be incredibly rich. In this world, I may as well have nothing :)

Does turning off monitoring also turn off the "You can only buy three players from a team" rule? Also, what's stopping a 90+ for 3 youths right now? Sure, you can't do them in the one deal, but you can do it in separate deals...

And I still think the cons outweight the pros; imagine with it off, Pepper could have shifted 90% of the Real team out before he left.

If game worlds are full or nearly full that allways happens after the initial flurry
    Pepper could have sold off players either way before he quit but didn't. In this full game world where most managers are known I don't see an issue with at least trying it off for awhile. This why I think itll help players move more by turning it off

I can't send gameworld messages to a GW I don't own ;)

:o

I'll be selling most of my starting 11 in the not so distant future......

some gamble signings for profit.......

Jean-Philippe GBAMIN has completed his move to Juventus from RC Lens. (u19 frence player doing really well at Lens)

Ezequiel RESCALDANI has completed his move to Juventus from Dnipro (rumoured to be heading to Bologna or lately Atalanta in january)

swoody wrote: »
    I'll be selling most of my starting 11 in the not so distant future......

Why so

Why so

i wont sell all but i'd like a fresh starting 11 next season or at least 2/3 new players......

i've drawn up my top 10 transfer targets and will be handing it the the charman
    1. Marco Reus
    2. Marco Reus
    3. Marco Reus
    4. Marco Reus
    5. Marco Reus
    6. Marco Reus
    7. Marco Reus
    8. Marco Reus
    9. Marco Reus
    10. A Right Back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Sorry lads havent been able to be on much since taking over madrid.
    All my first team players are at like 70 and below fitness whatever pepper was upto with them :p
    So a very weak team will have to be played against bayern tomorrow which is a shame.

As far as swapping and selling players I will have to see in a week or so when I have full team back and see who I can spare with my chosen formation etc

Anyone chosen for the hamburg job yet?

Sorry lads havent been able to be on much since taking over madrid.
    All my first team players are at like 70 and below fitness whatever pepper was upto with them :p
    So a very weak team will have to be played against bayern tomorrow which is a shame.

As far as swapping and selling players I will have to see in a week or so when I have full team back and see who I can spare with my chosen formation etc

Anyone chosen for the hamburg job yet?

Jambomac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Jambomac

Good luck to him glad an experienced manager will get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Good luck to him glad an experienced manager will get them

Can I emulate your success who knows, thanks for the vote of confidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement