Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If I turn monitoring off and we do know of two managers cheating I'm powerless too remove them

I think it should definitely be left on now. People could be cheating and nothing could be done...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

If I turn monitoring off and we do know of two managers cheating I'm powerless too remove them

Apparently your some kind of god king. :D

batistuta9 wrote: »
    are you not powerless to remove people anyway?

I think that's what he means. He's powerless to remove them so if they're cheating there's nothing he could do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

just in from work ... are we on the turn monitoring off buzz again?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

That's fair enough. I thought there might have been an option to kick people out of the gw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think it should definitely be left on now. People could be cheating and nothing could be done...

Thats my point too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

True but how many of those players are genuinely going to influence teams???

If all teams are able to start from scratch at the start of next season then fair enough and a pm from Mac to everybody in the league about reporting transfers would be no harm but I can't see it lasting long before another transfer get's blocked

It's not just about players influencing teams, turning it off would mean people could start new accounts and take managers jobs and then start selling players to their other team, there's more things as well that people could do but I don't want to be giving anymore ideas just in case it is turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Haven't been able to post here in weeks because of the pain. :(

First I miss out on the playoffs. :(

Compensation is Derdiyok scores 2 goals in the last game to go to 26 for the season. :D

But doesn't get the Golden boot as apparently only goals in Division 1 count. :(

Then his rating goes down!! :(

Gonna be a tough one to bounce back next season.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    just in from work ... are we on the turn monitoring off buzz again?:rolleyes:

If monitoring is off, I can decide to leave Porto in the next few days but sell 3 of Modric, Dzeko, Jovetic, M'biwa at face value to celtic as they are managed by my brother in law ... and my 89's to lazio, 88's to sao paulo Fair? I think not!

People need to watch what they do when doing deals...

If monitoring is off, I can decide to leave Porto in the next few days but sell 3 of Modric, Dzeko, Jovetic, M'biwa at face value to celtic as they are managed by my brother in law ... and my 89's to lazio, 88's to sao paulo Fair? I think not!

People need to watch what they do when doing deals...

I want the 89s!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I think that's what he means. He's powerless to remove them so if they're cheating there's nothing he could do

does anyone actually know what turning it off means/does? i mean exactly what happens.

going from what i read about it, the wording, i figured this:
    that the SMFA monitoring of transfers is turned off but you can still report a transfer
    you can report multiple accounts, match fixing, etc.

does anyone actually know what turning it off means/does? i mean exactly what happens.

that the SMFA monitoring of transfers is turned off but you can still report a transfer

Id be guessing that would be it yes

Id be guessing that would be it yes

there's nothing wrong with that then, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

If it's turned off you can't report transfers

btw, there are friendlies on!!

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Sporting de Braga.
    FC Porto outclassed Sporting de Braga and beat them 5 - 3 in a thrilling Friendly encounter.
    Modrić scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Barrada and Giuliano were also amongst the goalscorers.

there's nothing wrong with that then, right?

Well from what I understand people don't want it turned off as even between the 78 managers we won't be able to keep an eye on all transfers

I think you can but SM wont be monitoring transfers

Well from what I understand people don't want it turned off as even between the 78 managers we won't be able to keep an eye on all transfers

not really, what happens in the scenario i outlined above? you will have the added head ache of people coming on here call one and other cheats and looking for sanctions on transfers they dont like or dont agree with ... now an external system does an impartial job

not really, what happens in the scenario i outlined above? you will have the added head ache of people coming on here call one and other cheats and looking for sanctions on transfers they dont like or dont agree with ... now an external system does an impartial job

Tbf if you sell those 3 players to Celtic at face value you would need to explain why but it would be considered cheating and as far as I know those deals could still be reported to SM

As I said I thought Mac had the ability to throw people out of the league but he hasn't

definitely?

but if you can report them anyway, someone will spot it if its really taking the píss

i think it should be turned off for a seasons trial anyway

like me and you could decide on 3 transfers between each other now, make them in a row & they'd most likely get reversed, nothing wrong with them but they'd still get reversed it seems, f that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I think you can but SM wont be monitoring transfers

courtesy of another league i'm in

11b4072472d177cb610e799d406273f6.png

Aaaaand, to be fair, some of the deals raise eyebrows anyway ...

no offence intended Newcaste and Schalke but trying to do 3 transfers within a few days of each other and attempting to deal again when the schalke manager returns(after he left when initial deals completed) doesnt look good no matther what way you look at it ... not saying ye were cheating but it looked bad. I know you agreed these deals weeks ago but isnt exactly fair on whoever was going to be the next mgr of schalke

sums up the GW, when selling players at their proper value is considered cheating :pac::pac::pac:

swoody wrote: »

how is it working out?

my mind was already made up on where I stand on turning it off, this ust cements my belief even more ... KEEP IT TURNED ON

Aaaaand, to be fair, some of the deals raise eyebrows anyway ...

no offence intended Newcaste and Schalke but trying to do 3 transfers within a few days of each other and attempting to deal again when the schalke manager returns(after he left when initial deals completed) doesnt look good no matther what way you look at it ... not saying ye were cheating but it looked bad. I know you agreed these deals weeks ago but isnt exactly fair on whoever was going to be the next mgr of schalke

I know what you are saying but I would be happy if we had a chance to explain the transfers to SM to give us a chance of putting through the deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

last friendly I beat man utd 1-0 ( granted Hulk was sent off ) and tonight I beat man city 4-1:eek:

Hopefully Im in for a better season:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I want the 89s!!! :p

If your looking for 89's come to Udinese

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I know what you are saying but I would be happy if we had a chance to explain the transfers to SM to give us a chance of putting through the deals

you can, send them a ticket.....(think i called it an email earlier)

its the same as reporting a transfer except your politely begging for the transfer to be overturned

• Advertisement

you can, send them a ticket.....(think i called it an email earlier)

its the same as reporting a transfer except your politely begging for the transfer to be overturned

How do I do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement