Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes are said to be interested in 28 year old Cristiano RONALDO from Real Madrid

:D:D

That just doesn't look quite right does it??!! I'd say my best offer would be 4m + Junior Hoilett + Steven Nzonzi. Somehow I don't think that'll be enough!! :D :P!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

To cut a long complicated SMFA bug story short - it is not my intention to resign and have already applied to have the job back again - and have messaged Eddy.

good to hear.....

but on this bug issue, anyone else noticing this in the SMFA Cup/Shield top players tables? i was just having a look and spotted this......

The SMFA Cup Top Scorers
    a7e446fb7f1ea7143f22eabc20b4b1b9.png

The SMFA Shield Top Scores (madrid has given bale a great suntan)
    9fd5b7d953ab3613365cf2bdcac6317e.png

the assist and all the others are just as fcuked up........ :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

swoody wrote: »
    good to hear.....

but on this bug issue, anyone else noticing this in the SMFA Cup/Shield top players tables? i was just having a look and spotted this......

The SMFA Cup Top Scorers
    a7e446fb7f1ea7143f22eabc20b4b1b9.png

The SMFA Shield Top Scores (madrid has given bale a great suntan)
    9fd5b7d953ab3613365cf2bdcac6317e.png

the assist and all the others are just as fcuked up........ :pac:

Jesus I might move too madrid myself for that tan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jesus I might move too madrid myself for that tan

Best LOL post I've seen here in a long time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ouch!

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Juventus.
    FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to Juventus in their Division 1 fixture.
    Džeko was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Genoa are doing a lot of slumping lately,

Another defeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno earned a draw with Aston Villa against AS Roma.
    A thrilling match ended 3 - 3 between Aston Villa and AS Roma in their Division 2 encounter.
    Agbonlahor and Weimann were amongst the goalscorers.

Happy with a draw considering my form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

First game away to anzhi and a draw need to find the proper formation.

James Mcconville earned a draw with Hamburg against Anzhi.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Hamburg and Anzhi in their Division 3 fixture.
    Tévez had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Szalai was on the scoresheet for his side.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ouch!

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Juventus.
    FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to Juventus in their Division 1 fixture.
    Džeko was on the scoresheet for his side.

:D

John Giles & Eamon Dunphy steered Juventus to victory against FC Porto.
    Juventus beat FC Porto 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Chiellini scored a 30 yard worldy goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Vucinic and Asamoah were also amongst the goalscorers.

nike-aerow-team-soccer-ballGoldStar.png

giorgiochielliniacmilanceleb_640x360.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Genoa are doing a lot of slumping lately,

Another defeat!
    Long may it continue.....yes I play Genoa next :pac:

Also I'm finally top of the table for something,player with most red cards Huzzah!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Malaga slumped to another defeat, really having trouble finding a system that works for them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Oh dear...... :o

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Oh dear...... :o

Barca fans are already giving you the "white handkerchiefs" treatment....... :o

panolada.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Dammit! Got stuck late in work, couldn't change my team from the reserves side I put out for a friendly last night. Slumped to a 1-0 defeat to Lazio! FFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

real madrid manager here i appreciate the great offers coming in for ronaldo but had to decline and put him on unavailable will let you know if i change my mind

real madrid manager here i appreciate the great offers coming in for ronaldo but had to decline and put him on unavailable will let you know if i change my mind

Keep an auld fellow D3 manager in mind!! ;);)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Keep an auld fellow D3 manager in mind!! ;);)

the way you have barca playing......it looks like you are a D3 manager! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

José Seaninho's joy to be back st Sporting Lisbon after the events on the past week was visible for all to see after tonight's victory.

The win extends His unbeaten streak to 25 matches.

cristiano-ronaldo-558-jose-mourinho-sliding-knee-goal-celebration-showing-all-his-joy-and-rage-after-ronaldo-late-winning-goal-in-real-madrid-vs-manchester-city-ucl-2012-2013.jpg

the way you have barca playing......it looks like you are a D3 manager! :p

Oooohhhh,
    *strikes swoody off the list.... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Vélez Sársfield.
    Estudiantes beat Vélez Sársfield 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Storari had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Wendt was on the scoresheet for his side.

I must admit though we were aided slightly by Jonathon Schmid getting sent off in the fourth minute for :
    SCHMID takes the legs of N'ZONZI. He was nowhere near getting to the ball.

Still though, an excellent victory away to a team in the playoff positions. The win puts us 9th, and just 3 points off the playoffs. Dare I change the objective in my signature to "Finish in the playoffs positions".

Also I'm into the dreaded weekly club records :
    Estudiantes have now won 4 games in a row after beating Vélez Sársfield setting a new club record.
    After their result against Vélez Sársfield, Estudiantes are now unbeaten in 4 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

• Advertisement

And to think that the transfer market is tough here ...

I just joined a Gold Championship and every man and his dog want p/x and p/x only! Thats fine if you have a few talents to p/x but when you dont and with most of the big leagues IN the GW it is hard to find an external team with decent players that havent got offers accepted on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I just joined a Gold Championship and every man and his dog want p/x and p/x only! Thats fine if you have a few talents to p/x but when you dont and with most of the big leagues IN the GW it is hard to find an external team with decent players that havent got offers accepted on them

That was my point yesterday. Every good competitive league it's tough too sign players in. Join a league with15 too 20 managers and initially it's very easy signing world class players. In one I'm in I signed Ashley Cole Thiago Silva and Robert Lewandoeski yesterday! Not a bad bit of buissnes but these worlds get boaring very very fast!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Not a bad bit of buissnes but these worlds get boaring very very fast!
    Wait, which worlds are you saying get boring very fast?

Ones in which you can actually buy top players without the need to give an arm and a leg, or worlds in which you cant buy any top players unless you offer lots of money?

The undisclosed deal involving José GARCÍA of Osasuna and Málaga CF has collapsed as Málaga CF do not have the available funds.

José GARCÍA has completed his move to Juventus from Osasuna.

thank you malaga for being broke.... ;)

this kids got some future (obviously not at osasuna cause there shít but big thing are expected of him) :)

Tinie wrote: »
    Wait, which worlds are you saying get boring very fast?

Ones in which you can actually buy top players without the need to give an arm and a leg, or worlds in which you cant buy any top players unless you offer lots of money?

The leagues where its incredibly easy to buy top players. I agree with him too. The only reason it's easy to sign top players is because it's just not competitive enough.

The undisclosed deal involving José GARCÍA of Osasuna and Málaga CF has collapsed as Málaga CF do not have the available funds.

My guess is that Malaga are losing money on away days and they only just about had the funds before yesterdays game.

You should try playing Gameworld 1!! Impossible!! I lasted about 4 days and I was just like, "No."

Wilberto wrote: »
    You should try playing Gameworld 1!! Impossible!! I lasted about 4 days and I was just like, "No."

I've had to resort to bidding on Dempsey and Ronaldinho, and a shot of 12(read 16) year olds to get some business going over there ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A 3-1 away win last night has me up to 11th and on 36 points, delighted. The goal for this season was to avoid relegation, maybe next year I can mount a challenge for the playoffs :)

Looks like I'll miss out in Dempsey :( I've about 10m if there are any 89+ going, otherwise I'll let it build for a while and see what I can do with it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

José GARCÍA has completed his move to Juventus from Osasuna.

thank you malaga for being broke.... ;)

this kids got some future (obviously not at osasuna cause there shít but big thing are expected of him) :)
    Wilberto wrote: »
    My guess is that Malaga are losing money on away days and they only just about had the funds before yesterdays game.

Spot on there Wilberto! squad is threadbare so would have made a useful addition to it as a bargaining chip in some transfers.. If anybody has a Russian Millionaire friend some investment in Malaga wouldn't be the worst they could do with the spare cash they have ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

tommycahir wrote: »
    Spot on there Wilberto! squad is threadbare so would have made a useful addition to it as a bargaining chip in some transfers.. If anybody has a Russian Millionaire friend some investment in Malaga wouldn't be the worst they could do with the spare cash they have ;)

If you need backup I have Labyad, Martins, Cedric and Carvalho, all 85 or 86, on my loan list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement