Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Seaneh wrote: »
    If you need backup I have Labyad, Martins, Cedric and Carvalho, all 85 or 86, on my loan list.

Thanks for the offer but already have 3 loan players in at the moment in form of the below as cover.
    Ln

28969.jpgVORSAH, IsaacD,DM(C)2587Ln

55510.jpgGINTER, MatthiasD,DM(C)1986Ln

53659.jpgOKORE, JoresD(C)2186

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Looks like I'll miss out in Dempsey :( I've about 10m if there are any 89+ going, otherwise I'll let it build for a while and see what I can do with it then

senior-analyst.jpg

buy some young free agents 80 - 85 and sell on in 8 weeks for profit.

make sure your signing fee is less then the chairmans value that way your guaranteed profit.....like Shane Ferguson.

just signed Juve up for a SMFA League, starting at Connect Level 10-star.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tommycahir wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer but already have 3 loan players in at the moment in form of the below as cover.
    Ln

28969.jpgVORSAH, IsaacD,DM(C)2587Ln

55510.jpgGINTER, MatthiasD,DM(C)1986Ln

53659.jpgOKORE, JoresD(C)2186

As a matter of interest, hows matthias doing? He's not causing too much trouble in training is he ;)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

My formation allows for only one striker to play so is it a waste having ronaldo out the wing and benzema upfront? Would u start ronaldo upfront?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

My formation allows for only one striker to play so is it a waste having ronaldo out the wing and benzema upfront? Would u start ronaldo upfront?

Looking at Benzema's stats, I'd put him up front and have Ronaldo out on the wings but I'd have the tactics set to "Attack down the flanks" so the game engine puts more emphasis on your players on the wing, i.e. Ronaldo.

Just a thought anyway!

EDIT: Having said that though. Playing with that attacking option with only one up front may not be the best idea either. At least, it isn't in another online manager game that I play anyway.

i'd sell both to Juve tbh

Ya its just a formation I sweared by at hamburg but this is a new challenge here at madrid so the formation may not worj as well. it is weird having so many star players its a whole different kettle of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Ya its just a formation I sweared by at hamburg but this is a new challenge here at madrid so the formation may not worj as well. it is weird having so many star players its a whole different kettle of fish

Everybody and his dog seem to play that 4-5-1, I've gone rogue at hamburg and trying 4-3-3 as I think they can maybe get more goals this way.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Everybody and his dog seem to play that 4-5-1, I've gone rogue at hamburg and trying 4-3-3 as I think they can maybe get more goals this way.

4-2-3-1

modern football right there.

2613776603_welcome_to_the_new_age_xlarge.png

• Advertisement

Some great offers coming in for benzema but I dont want to sell anyone untill I know who suits my formation etc sorry.

On the other hand:

Will consider p/x deals for casillas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Some great offers coming in for benzema but I dont want to sell anyone untill I know who suits my formation etc sorry.

On the other hand:

Will consider p/x deals for casillas

Same with Tevez as soon as I got the job had good money offered but he is a standard that would be hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, hows matthias doing? He's not causing too much trouble in training is he ;)?

No hassle in training. It think he is getting some splinters from the bench though so that might change in coming weeks!!

Is SM down?

aaaaaaaaah withdrawl symptoms! :eek:

edit: nevermind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Eddy Mac earned a draw with Dortmund against Sunderland.
    The match ended 0 - 0 between Dortmund and Sunderland in their Division 1 fixture.

Sunderland keeper was MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GDunphy

Hey,

Applying for the CSKA Moskva job.

Username gdunphy1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

does chat work on SM?

mine's been fooked for days now on both chrome and IExplorer

Hi,

My Name is Sir Bobby Robson / Mr Freeze / GT_TDI_150 and I'm an SoccerManager addict ...

Last night I was logged to on SM checking my International results and looking for a few transfer targets for SS Lazio in my 9th GW ( a Gold Championship) when one of the managers in the GW approached my (during the 15 mins my chat work :rolleyes:) an asked if I would like to join his league that he has set up ...

I replied that I had enough in the 9 teams I have and declined his offer ... but curiosity got the better of me ... he had given me the code for the GWso I took a peek ... they were 5 turns into season 1 with 5 leagues of 10 teams (Mac, this might be an idea for the league you are considering setting up), Monaco, Napoli, Benfica, Fiorentina, Valencia, .... were all still available, and they have a transfer window set up in season 1 ...

Anyway long story short, can anyone recommend a right back for my new Monaco team :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GDunphy wrote: »
    Hey,

Applying for the CSKA Moskva job.

Username gdunphy1

Ok. New too boards? Welcome! Who told ya about us?

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: friendlies ha

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Estudiantes.
    FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Estudiantes in their Friendly fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Beat Milan 3-0 but once again Cavani saw red...AGAIN!!..He is some dirty fecker!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Estudiantes.
    FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Estudiantes in their Friendly fixture.
    Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against FC Porto.
    Estudiantes outclassed FC Porto and beat them 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Hoilett had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Airton was on the scoresheet for his side.
    :cool::cool:

"Division 1? You're having a laugh!" :P:D

Much deserved too!! Hoilett also had a goal disallowed for offside.

Good game though, good game!! :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Hi,

My Name is Sir Bobby Robson / Mr Freeze / GT_TDI_150 and I'm an SoccerManager addict ...

Last night I was logged to on SM checking my International results and looking for a few transfer targets for SS Lazio in my 9th GW ( a Gold Championship) when one of the managers in the GW approached my (during the 15 mins my chat work :rolleyes:) an asked if I would like to join his league that he has set up ...

I replied that I had enough in the 9 teams I have and declined his offer ... but curiosity got the better of me ... he had given me the code for the GWso I took a peek ... they were 5 turns into season 1 with 5 leagues of 10 teams (Mac, this might be an idea for the league you are considering setting up), Monaco, Napoli, Benfica, Fiorentina, Valencia, .... were all still available, and they have a transfer window set up in season 1 ...

Anyway long story short, can anyone recommend a right back for my new Monaco team :cool:

hahahahaha you've really got it bad for this game man:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

some players at Spartak Moscow who I'd sell if the right bid came in:

J. Bosingwa 87
    J. A. Riisse. 87
    A. Alcaraz. 87
    W. Reid. 87
    M. Turner. 87
    J. Clement. 88
    J. Saihi. 88
    C. Castro. 88
    J. Baptista. 88
    K. Kuryani. 88

Quiet here today everyone must be out christmas shopping or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Hoping for a win, need my next 3 games (I think) to go well. All against teams around me and in danger of the drop but I'm in decent form against the sides around me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Away to Chelsea so have this at the ready images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs10VtxS6B07PMvaoK_LEdHDWB__NwxuUNlR3ghwOXW02dqLrz1w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Away to Chelsea so have this at the ready images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs10VtxS6B07PMvaoK_LEdHDWB__NwxuUNlR3ghwOXW02dqLrz1w

Only lost 3-0 and Cech was motm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Herrick . steered FC Basel to victory against Rangers.
    FC Basel beat Rangers 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Motta had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Del Moral and Kacar were amongst the goalscorers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement