Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha. Maybe do the deal another way. Just don't broadcast it here ya know 😉

External

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jaysus lads, the way things are going I could be taking on my old team in D2 next season! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, the way things are going I could be taking on my old team in D2 next season! :o

y?

Well I sit in the relegation places in D1 at the minute, and in the very unlikely event that I don't win ALL my remaining matches and surge upwards, it also looks like AZ will be promoted to D2.

Well I sit in the relegation places in D1 at the minute, and in the very unlikely event that I don't win ALL my remaining matches and surge upwards, it also looks like AZ will be promoted to D2.

oh .... want to have another chat on that fella? ;)

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    oh .... want to have another chat on that fella? ;)

Ha I might do, if you lower your expectations a fraction of a tad. ;)

Ha I might do, if you lower your expectations a fraction of a tad. ;)

might do ... might not, but it doesnt hurt to talk:D

might do ... might not, but it doesnt hurt to talk:D

Indeed it doesn't!
    Or to listen....

all-ears.jpg

:)

Indeed it doesn't!
    Or to listen....

all-ears.jpg

:)

left you a pm, lets talk ;)

Few Youngsters arrived at FCP this morning:

Boban NIKOLOV has completed his move to FC Porto from Viitorul Constanţa for 1,761,000

Transfer MessageMirnes PEPIC has completed his move to FC Porto from Paderborn for 531,000

Transfer MessageWesley SAÏD has completed his move to FC Porto from Stade Rennais for 1,251,000

Transfer MessageDoru POPADIUC has completed his move to FC Porto from Ceahlăul for 625,000

Transfer MessageFlorin DUMBRAVĂ has completed his move to FC Porto from FC Brasov for 720,000

Transfer MessageAdrian CIERPKA has completed his move to FC Porto from Miedź Legnica for 750,000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Few Youngsters arrived at FCP this morning:

Boban NIKOLOV has completed his move to FC Porto from Viitorul Constanţa for 1,761,000

Transfer MessageMirnes PEPIC has completed his move to FC Porto from Paderborn for 531,000

Transfer MessageWesley SAÏD has completed his move to FC Porto from Stade Rennais for 1,251,000

Transfer MessageDoru POPADIUC has completed his move to FC Porto from Ceahlăul for 625,000

Transfer MessageFlorin DUMBRAVĂ has completed his move to FC Porto from FC Brasov for 720,000

Transfer MessageAdrian CIERPKA has completed his move to FC Porto from Miedź Legnica for 750,000

You don't give your scouts a day off do ya? Ha ha

PS whos sorting the end of season awards this year?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You don't give your scouts a day off do ya? Ha ha

PS whos sorting the end of season awards this year?

I might put something together again ... sure there will only be about 26 votes anyway ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I might put something together again ... sure there will only be about 26 votes anyway ;P

It would be very hard to pick the manager of the season for each division cos of lads jumping from club to club.

mackeire wrote: »
    It would be very hard to pick the manager of the season for each division cos of lads jumping from club to club.

Like seaneh you mean over to moskva and straight back to sporting :D ...

But on a serious note, if someone like the Hamburg manager did enough in histime there to get the vote then why shouldnt he get it for that division?

Like seaneh you mean over to moskva and straight back to sporting :D ...

But on a serious note, if someone like the Hamburg manager did enough in histime there to get the vote then why shouldnt he get it for that division?

Yep I'd agree. If Seanah, or whatever his name is, jumped to another team, I'd still vote him as best manager in his previous league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Former hamburg current madrid manager here ya its very hard to pick best managers with all the switching of clubs that went on there was a change at barca madrid and bayern within a week or something was crazy. Its gonna take a while for things to settle again we lost a big personality in pepper aswell I have big shoes to fill there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Valentine Sutton steered West Bromwich Albion to victory against Juventus.
    West Bromwich Albion beat Juventus 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    De Sanctis had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Sansone was on the scoresheet for his side.

:cool:

WE ARE STAYING UP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Delighted with this!!!
    Feel slightly guilty because I reckon Matri is a dropper in the near future but delighted to get Akinfeev in for next season!

Transfer Message
    Igor AKINFEEV has completed his move to Sporting CP from CSKA Moskva in a swap deal for Guillermo OCHOA and Alessandro MATRI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Seaneh wrote: »
    Delighted with this!!!
    Feel slightly guilty because I reckon Matri is a dropper in the near future but delighted to get Akinfeev in for next season!

I thought hed drop aswell when I had him at hamburg back at the start but still at 90 he some goal machine though if you play him upfront on his own goals will just pour in

Is the United manager getting worried? Could see some rating drops if there season continues like that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is the United manager getting worried? Could see some rating drops if there season continues like that :D

It's not the players losing the league for united it's Moyes, jones and cleverly just don't cut it in cm.

JamboMac wrote: »
    It's not the players losing the league for united it's Moyes, jones and cleverly just don't cut it in cm.

Ah come off it, United have been living off Fergie for a while now, I hate Fergie but no other manager could do what he's done and that is get the very best of a mostly mediocre team. Here is the line up for todays match

Manchester United
    01 de Gea
    02 Rafael (Antonio Valencia - 76' ) AV not good enough, Rafael is just about
    03 Evra Getting on and not near what he was
    04 Jones Good but not good enough yet and is being played all over the place
    06 Evans I don't rate him but seems to hold his own
    15 Vidic Not as good as he was but still a top defender
    44 Januzaj Haven't seen him enough
    23 Cleverley (Anderson - 69' ) Neither are good enough, Cleverly could be but would need a lot of work
    14 Hernández I haven't seen enough
    20 van Persie Fantastic but injuries and teammates holding him back
    17 Nani (Zaha - 68' ) Neither good enough though Nani used to be very good
    Substitutes
    05 Ferdinand Very slow
    08 Anderson
    13 Lindegaard
    18 Young Not good enough
    19 Welbeck Started well but not good enough
    25 Antonio Valencia
    29 Zaha

Ah come off it, United have been living off Fergie for a while now. Here is the line up for todays match

Manchester United
    01 de Gea
    02 Rafael (Antonio Valencia - 76' ) AV not good enough, Rafael is just about
    03 Evra Getting on and not near what he was
    04 Jones Good but not good enough yet and is being played all over the place
    06 Evans I don't rate him but seems to hold his own
    15 Vidic Not as good as he was but still a top defender
    44 Januzaj Haven't seen him enough
    23 Cleverley (Anderson - 69' ) Neither are good enough, Cleverly could be but would need a lot of work
    14 Hernández I haven't seen enough
    20 van Persie Fantastic but injuries and teammates holding him back
    17 Nani (Zaha - 68' ) Neither good enough though Nani used to be very good
    Substitutes
    05 Ferdinand Very slow
    08 Anderson
    13 Lindegaard
    18 Young Not good enough
    19 Welbeck Started well but not good enough
    25 Antonio Valencia
    29 Zaha
    I'm confused are you blaming Moyes as well and your judging the players but keep saying haven't seen enough. Moyes is playing players that he shouldn't and leaving out the likes of kagawa, I don't get this hype over fellaini or cleverly he doesn't cut the mustard. Jones is just a clumsy oaf and baines won't solve the issue, if we get in the likes of fabregas we stand a chance.

I'm confused are you blaming Moyes as well and your judging the players but keep saying haven't seen enough. Moyes is playing players that he shouldn't and leaving out the likes of kagawa, I don't get this hype over fellaini or cleverly he doesn't cut the mustard. Jones is just a clumsy oaf and baines won't solve the issue, if we get in the likes of fabregas we stand a chance.

Not blaming Moyes at all, he inherited a team who were punching above their weight with Fergie.

I said I haven't seen enough of two players, why would I judge them if I haven't seen them?

Fellaini was a terrible buy, in hindsight. He was fantastic for Everton last year and I'd forgive Moyes that one though he paid way over the odds, whether that was Moyes or someone else at United, I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Moyes is terrible though, one that would not inspire a squad full of champions.

Not blaming Moyes at all, he inherited a team who were punching above their weight with Fergie.

I said I haven't seen enough of two players, why would I judge them if I haven't seen them?

Fellaini was a terrible buy, in hindsight. He was fantastic for Everton last year and I'd forgive Moyes that one though he paid way over the odds, whether that was Moyes or someone else at United, I dunno.

It doesn't bode well for Moyes if fergie can win the league with a team and struggles to win at home, yeah vidic and Ferdinand lack pace but still among the top cb and Evans and smalling will make good replacements. Raphael and evra are easily the best left and right back. Wingers wise all are talented at beating players but none have accuracy of beckham but he couldn't beat players. We need carrick and kagawa in cm and with van Persie and Rooney we easily have a great first team, all we need Is a great cm. Hernandez is great goal scorer just needs more minutes. De gea still has some growing to do but he is a very young goalkeeper.

All i can say it ........ 0-1!!!

C'MON DA (RL)TOON!!!! :D

It doesn't bode well for Moyes if fergie can win the league with a team and struggles to win at home, yeah vidic and Ferdinand lack pace but still among the top cb and Evans and smalling will make good replacements. Raphael and evra are easily the best left and right back. Wingers wise all are talented at beating players but none have accuracy of beckham but he couldn't beat players. We need carrick and kagawa in cm and with van Persie and Rooney we easily have a great first team, all we need Is a great cm. Hernandez is great goal scorer just needs more minutes. De gea still has some growing to do but he is a very young goalkeeper.

The wingers are at best out of form and at worst, simply gone to crap.

Evra the best LB? Where? At United yeah... Hence them needing a new one. United need a new CB, LB, CM, LW and RW and they need to dump the dead wood.

I don't believe Moyes is crap. Come August 2014 he'll have a relatively new team built or atleast the team he wants. This year is a write off and United will be lucky to get a CL place

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Moyes is terrible though, one that would not inspire a squad full of champions.

My belief is that they were champions because of Fergie and without him, a few players are mediocre players and United will go no where fast with them. The magic that was Fergie, I don't believe any other manager in the world would have won the PL with that team.

There should've been alot more activity in the summer, no idea what happened there but one or two good signings in January and another couple in the summer and United will be back on track IMO

I say all this as an ABU. I love that United are doing shocking but I believe it's Fergie that is to blame. There should be more talent than what's there at the moment

• Advertisement

My belief is that they were champions because of Fergie and without him, a few players are mediocre players and United will go no where fast with them. The magic that was Fergie, I don't believe any other manager in the world would have won the PL with that team.

There should've been alot more activity in the summer, no idea what happened there but one or two good signings in January and another couple in the summer and United will be back on track IMO

I say all this as an ABU. I love that United are doing shocking but I believe it's Fergie that is to blame. There should be more talent than what's there at the moment

I think fergie needs to distance himself for a while, cant be healthy to moyes for him to be in the stand at most games or on the flight to european games (Leverkusen)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement