Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Lost to unmanaged Auxerre, fecking hell, shocking result.

Tried a new formation and different playing style, total write off for now, back to the old reliable until promotion is secured anyway!

On the plus side, Boca lost, Anderlect and Malaga both drew so still well off the 3rd place team but Palmeiras are still hanging on and close the gap to 12 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

First league win in 6 .... pfew...

Sir Bobby Robson steered FC Porto to victory against AC Milan.

FC Porto outclassed AC Milan and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Nikolov and Giggs were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Beaten by United 3-1 with a new tactic.
    Time to change it up again. :)

Also, I've had a tilt at Ronaldo. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aston Villa beat Fenerbahçe SK 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Monreal scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Agbonlahor was also on the scoresheet for his side.

7 points from 9. Finally turning the corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ronaldo has comfirmed he is joining barcelona this means barca have both messi and ronaldo making them a huge superpower.

Sorry to newcastle and man united they both had brilliant offers in aswell but barcas offer was too good to refuse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus.

Think you're nuts to let him go tbh, but you got some good value. Barca with Ronaldo AND Messi? *Sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Ronaldo has comfirmed he is joining barcelona this means barca have both messi and ronaldo making them a huge superpower.

Sorry to newcastle and man united they both had brilliant offers in aswell but barcas offer was too good to refuse.

No worries, hope it turns out well for you. Will send you a pm on sm as regards a deal for Benzema

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against West Bromwich Albion.
    Newcastle United beat West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Veloso scored the winner for Newcastle United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

e4120434917c0485b2d38c34fb83355d.png

fap.gif

I think you're making the worst transfer deal I've seen in the game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Your team can only be weakened by losing Ronaldo. No other way of looking at it for me.

Lost Fabregas and Alves and a sizeable chunk of cash, but how often do you get a chance of signing Ronaldo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Lost Fabregas and Alves and a sizeable chunk of cash, but how often do you get a chance of signing Ronaldo!

Dont think anyone will be criticising you on the deal :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

i think its a great deal for both

If I was the Real Manager I'd cancel this deal before it's too late.

the 36m is worthless to him at his level, he will only be able to sign players to improve his team by doing trades and trading his best player to get two players who don't improve his team that much over what he has already is madness.

Fabregas is an upgrade over his current CM's but I really think Alvez is a pointless addition.

I'd be looking to shift out the likes of Rameris and Sahin to sign a better centre back and play ramos on the right.

Seaneh wrote: »
    If I was the Real Manager I'd cancel this deal before it's too late.

But you're not, so whisht. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

At least the age-long debate of whether Ronaldo would be better than Messi in the Barca team can be answered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

At least the age-long debate of whether Ronaldo would be better than Messi in the Barca team can be answered

Will they work together is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Another loss tonight for Malaga and the fans are starting to grow frustrated with the time it is taking t heir new manager to find a suitable formation and tactics for the team, especially with them just slipping outside the play-offs zone... :(:(

Guys,

I'm on the lookout for an 89 or higher GK, no older than 27yr.

I'm willing to trade Jack Butland (whom I had bought as my GK for the future) or Sergio Romero ... if the deal is suitable

PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Real makes his team weaker for the run in and Ronnys heading to D2 with Messi....excellent!

87b1c414a632.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mental move for Madrid IMO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Barcelona making a massive move in an attempt to save themselves from the drop!!

Anyway, back to the football :
    Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to US Palermo.
    Estudiantes have lost to US Palermo 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.
    Hoilett and Roux were amongst the goalscorers.

Last minute winner to deny us a point at home to the new Division 3 leaders. I guess that rules us out for the playoffs anyway. Oh well!!!! :P

At least we should finally be back to a full strength side when we travel to Lazio for the next league game, which is just one day after we host them in a friendly!!

Alves will go to right back and ramos will play cb I will have a massive rating defense now

Casillas
    Alves ramos pepe marcelo
    94 95 92 93

Alonso modric
    95 93
    Ramires fabregas di maria
    91 95 93
    Benzema

I feel I have strenghtened my team my defense I am very happy with which is why I wanted alves so ramos could play cb
    Im a huge fan of fabregas and he is 95 with many years left on him.
    Ronaldo was being played as a left winger and his goal tally was decent but not brilliant im happy with deal to be honest and im interested to see how ronaldo and messi get on together at barca.

I dont expect everyone to understand but Im happy with it and fabregas will take the reigns from alonso as he is 32 now and this was another factor.

I wont be able to sell benzema now guys im afraid though sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Alves will go to right back and ramos will play cb I will have a massive rating defense now

Casillas
    Alves ramos pepe marcelo
    94 95 92 93

Alonso modric
    95 93
    Ramires fabregas di maria
    91 95 93
    Benzema

I feel I have strenghtened my team my defense I am very happy with which is why I wanted alves so ramos could play cb
    Im a huge fan of fabregas and he is 95 with many years left on him.
    Ronaldo was being played as a left winger and his goal tally was decent but not brilliant im happy with deal to be honest and im interested to see how ronaldo and messi get on together at barca.

I dont expect everyone to understand but Im happy with it and fabregas will take the reigns from alonso as he is 32 now and this was another factor.

I wont be able to sell benzema now guys im afraid though sorry

It's soccer manager , it's YOUR team. Ya do what ya feel is best for YOUR team. Some may agree,some may not thats the joys of it!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's soccer manager , it's YOUR team. Ya do what ya feel is best for YOUR team. Some may agree,some may not thats the joys of it!

Unless SMFA dont like it :D

Created a bit of gossip in the world aswell lads one of the powerplayers changing ship.

If barca get relegated with messi and ronaldo uofront then I dont know what to say:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Any 93+ players for sale? I've money and a few players to trade

Bayern

Created a bit of gossip in the world aswell lads one of the powerplayers changing ship.

If barca get relegated with messi and ronaldo uofront then I dont know what to say:o

you imagine the 2 lads would rip through D2 anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Any 93+ players for sale? I've money and a few players to trade

Bayern

how about a straight swap?

Llorente for Mandžukić

interested?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement