Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was gonna bid just have him as back up but better he go to a team that needs him. Sao Paulo have a cheap 89 btw. Think he's 30 but did well for me there, Jadson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, just to clear two things up...

1. Bale will not be going anywhere till the end of the season.
    2. I won't be agreeing to deals via PM. Being honest, I want to create discussion and excitement on here. So it will be a public auction. Make the bid, I'll make private ones public, and accept the one I like best after 7 days.

...just cause I've had a few people trying to set up deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

tonic wine wrote: »
    Marco borriello
    8(5) games 4 goals 3 assits 2 MOM AvP 7.56
    Rated 89.
    Highest offer above 7m gets him.

6.75M is the highest bid now.
    Still not the 7M I wanted. Going to leave it another half hour before accepting the highest bid. Last Chance........

Come on lads, if I was still at Sao Paulo I'd bite his hand of and throw 7m at him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Come on lads, if I was still at Sao Paulo I'd bite his hand of and throw 7m at him!

but ..... you're not :D

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Hence me not buying him. No point me buying him just to sit on the bench :)

Even if he decreases in rating, you'd probably get a few months of an 89 for pennies

Even if he decreases in rating, you'd probably get a few months of an 89 for pennies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

1 goal in 11 games this season, hence why I wont be increasing my bid. I'm hoping to get the rest of the season at 89, but fully expecting a drop to 88 to come.

1 goal in 11 games this season, hence why I wont be increasing my bid. I'm hoping to get the rest of the season at 89, but fully expecting a drop to 88 to come.

Throw him in a different team/formation and he might bang a fee in, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Sold 6.7M to sparta.

• Advertisement

PPPP, tick tock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Nice to see the thread lively again lately :)

PPPP, tick tock :)

Aye, I'll sort it early morning won't get a chance tonight :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sooooo....
    William Carvalho... who's interested?

@ spurs, I assume that offer was either a mistake or a pisstake?

We are talking about a 21 year old Portuguese International who has played every minute of football for Sporting this season and is destined to be a 90+ rated player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I have just accepted external bids for Michael Turner and Winston Reid.
    Both rated 87.
    Reid is 25 and recently got a rise in ratings.
    Both of them are going for their actual worth so if anyone would like either of them then throw in a bid.

Spartak Moskva

Seaneh wrote: »
    @ spurs, I assume that offer was either a mistake or a pisstake?

Player is worth 4.2m. I offered 6m, so basically 150% of his worth.

I can go up to 8m (200%), but despite your claims of pisstaking, I'd imagine most peoples chairmen aren't going to let them go past that for a player who, despite potential, is still only rated 85.

Though it does sum it up that an offer of 150% of the value of the player is described as a "pisstake".... :rolleyes:

I can go up to 8m (200%), but despite your claims of pisstaking, I'd imagine most peoples chairmen aren't going to let them go past that for a player who, despite potential, is still only rated 85.

Though it does sum it up that an offer of 150% of the value of the player is described as a "pisstake".... :rolleyes:

Thats the fault of everyone not just him. You wouldn't sell Bale for 150% of his value it'd be 300% or thereabouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thats the fault of everyone not just him. You wouldn't sell Bale for 150% of his value it'd be 300% or thereabouts

Sums up my thoughts exactly. How a manager values his player is totally upto him self! Altho coming on and calling an offer a pisstake is harsh too. I'm sure if you offered a player for 150% of his value too seaneh he wouldn't call it a pisstake he would accept in a flash (as would most managers) and think he got a bargain!

We all went mad at the start of the GW and now are in a position where if you only sell @ 150-200% of face value that you will not be able to find and addequate replacement.

I've sold many players @ reasonable value but have struggle to replace them with reasonably valued players...

Jackson Martinez - 11.4m
    Christian Atsu - 4m
    Lucio Gonzalez(91r) - swapped for m'bia(90r)
    Nicholas Otamendi - 11m
    Defour - 19m (still not 200% of value)
    Helton - 9m

• Advertisement

90+ defender wanted

Oh yeah, definitely. That last line was meant as more of a comment on the gameworld than anything else.

That said, I have sold many players for 150% value, even being called out here for doing so (Danny Rose being the one that jumps to mind). And when people have made offers of such values, I don't jump on boards calling it a pisstake. I politely decline or make a counter offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

90+ defender wanted
    rio for sale

Cheers but need someone a bit younger, 90+ defender wanted, must be under 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

soap1978 wrote: »
    rio for sale

Anyone else ?

If a club bid that low for a player like William Carvalho in real life, it would be called a pisstake by media and fans alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Seaneh wrote: »
    If a club bid that low for a player like William Carvalho in real life, it would be called a pisstake by media and fans alike.
    Its not REAL LIFE

soap1978 wrote: »
    Its not REAL LIFE

No **** Sherlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

mackeire wrote: »
    I have just accepted external bids for Michael Turner and Winston Reid.
    Both rated 87.
    Reid is 25 and recently got a rise in ratings.
    Both of them are going for their actual worth so if anyone would like either of them then throw in a bid.

Spartak Moskva

Maybe Barcelona should buy these two. Might strengthen them up at the back a bit ;)

• Advertisement

mackeire wrote: »
    Maybe Barcelona should buy these two. Might strengthen them up at the back a bit ;)

made me spit out my drink this!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement