Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

swoody wrote: »
    mobile app or android/iphone app?

Android, SM sent a message to all users with a link to the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Seaneh wrote: »
    Android, SM sent a message to all users with a link to the play store.
    android only so far.

3CH4ARy.gif

Just under 24 hours after making the dramatic switch from Sporting Lisbon to their fierce rivals Benfica, Jose Seaninho has issues his first statement as Benfica manager.
    "Leaving Sporting Lisbon, especially after the recent CSKA incident, was an extremely hard decision to make and I didn't make it lightly. Just last week I signed the player I believe could take the club to the next level and be a marker for the ambitions I had for the club. Signing Akinfeev was my statement of intent for next season in Division 3. A few days later the board summoned me to an emergency meeting. In this meeting they laid bare the financial realities at the club. They told me that Akinfeev's transfer was only possible because of the sacrifice of Matri and Ochoa.

They made it clear that other big name signings would be next to impossible, unless I was willing to sell other big name or big potrntial players. They told me of interest from important clubs in players like Capel, Martin, Schaars, Zapata, Bocchetti and Tremoulinas as well as young champions like Carvalho, Labyad and Rojo.

They made it clear that they expected me to sell these big name and high potential players and use that money to bring in quality replacements at a lower cost to help stabilise the finances of the club, which is haemorrhaging money.

I told them I would need to think about this and talk to them about it again in the coming weeks, but for now I wanted to concentrate on finishing the season in first place.

A few days later, the president of the club approached me and told me, off the record, that the board was willing to terminate my contract and allow me to leave if an offer from a higher division club came in. They told me that next season, unless money is found, we might have to sell our best players are rely on youth to try and stay in Divison 3.

I informed my agent of this offer of termination and told him to forward any proposals to both myself and the club president. I wanted everything to be transparent and above board.

The following day, my agent forwarded me the Benfica proposal. I instantly called president de Carvalho and asked him if he had seen the offer. He told me, he had and that although Benfica were the clubs biggest rivals and it was going to cause a lot of media strife, himself and the board wouldn't stand in my way.

I built my reputation at Sporting Lisbon and I have a place in my heart for the club for life. I hope to one day return and help them reach the heights the club deserves. I hope they can consolidate their position, finish the season as champions solve their financial issues and not just survive but compete in division 3 next year. If they can keep their squad together, they have a group of players who can be competitive not just in division 3, but in the cups and shield as well.

That being said, I am now the manager of Benfica. My goal now is to make sure that Benfica remain in division 2 for next season. If that is possible our goal for next season will be to gain promotion to the top division in the league.

I have a group of players here at my disposal who I believe can beat any team in the world on their day. I also have a youth team packed with young players I believe will be superstars.

I know I will be branded a traitor, I know some fans on both sides will never be able to get over my past at sporting and leaving them to join Benfica. I know that opposition managers will attempt to use this as a way to distract and discredit from my project here at Benfica.

I was 100% committed to Sporting Lisbon. Everything I did while there was to better the club and make it competitive. My time there is up now and I am in a different chapter of my career with another great club in the city I love.
    I am focused only on my role here at Benfica and I aim to take this club from the bottom of Division 2 to the top of Division 1 and make the competitive in cup and shield competitions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

trying-to-remember.gif.pagespeed.ce.onLI8O9Mqr.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Just under 24 hours after making the dramatic switch from Sporting Lisbon to their fierce rivals Benfica, Jose Seaninho has issues his first statement as Benfica manager.

Did you seriously write that big mock statement?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

n8mpXY3.gif

"Cool story bro!"

Digitalism wrote: »
    Did you seriously write that big mock statement?

Brain fried from college work, needed a distraction.

Took me all of 5 minutes and means I don't have to think about Erik ****ing Erikson.

blah blah blah Sporting Lisbon blah blah blah Jose Seaninho blah blah blah Benfica manager.

403.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Swoody .... Are the sig enforcers after you now?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Swoody .... Are the sig enforcers after you now?

dunno? Y

• Advertisement

says ...sig2big ;)

says ...sig2big ;)

e8b.jpg

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! an upgrade on my first choice 88rated GK:D
    Vicente GUAITA has completed his move to FC Porto from Valencia for 15,000,000. All other offers were turned down.

In the end I ended up paying more than I wanted for a 1pt upgrade in GK, I had been making offers on the boy since he hit Concern Level 3 but Valencia kept on rejecting.

I had to make deal with 2 other clubs who had 90(+) GK(s) already in return for them retracing their bid ( thank you again, you know who you are) ... but when spurs bid on the player, I had to stick in a big offer to make sure ( I had no more deals left to make) ;)

FCPs recent signing(p/x for higuain on saturday just gone) Jerome Boateng received a welcome +1 today :p

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Anyone else notice this line in one of the numerous recent updates?

"Game Worlds for experienced managers. Contains just one league with one or more divisions and includes cups, SMFA competitions and internationals. Lasts for multiple seasons."

Not sure if they are changing the goalposts or whether this was always the case - but it would seem that the boards league has a shelf life/expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! an upgrade on my first choice 88rated GK:D

In the end I ended up paying more than I wanted for a 1pt upgrade in GK, I had been making offers on the boy since he hit Concern Level 3 but Valencia kept on rejecting.

I had to make deal with 2 other clubs who had 90(+) GK(s) already in return for them retracing their bid ( thank you again, you know who you are) ... but when spurs bid on the player, I had to stick in a big offer to make sure ( I had no more deals left to make) ;)

Cabral at Zenit is also on transfer list and arguably a greater prospect if he can get more game time for Napoli

Cabral at Zenit is also on transfer list and arguably a greater prospect if he can get more game time for Napoli

Way to burst my bubble :D

Sure isnt Pepe Reina Napoli's GK?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Grats on the deal. Was after him cause I don't really have a backup keeper right now and thought he looked good, so you got yourself a good player there :)
    Post about alternative keepers

God damn it. Please don't name players like that on boards...

Anyone else notice this line in one of the numerous recent updates?

"Game Worlds for experienced managers. Contains just one league with one or more divisions and includes cups, SMFA competitions and internationals. Lasts for multiple seasons."

Not sure if they are changing the goalposts or whether this was always the case - but it would seem that the boards league has a shelf life/expiry date.
    Thats the Gold Championships. Been there like forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Thats the Gold Championships. Been there like forever

So is the boards gameworld going to end??

• Advertisement

Dont thonk so, i think it refers to the GWs SM provide....

To me it reads like them pointing out the have these gold championships

Dont thonk so, i think it refers to the GWs SM provide....

To me it reads like them pointing out the have these gold championships

Yeah that's the impression I got too, I'm in a SM gameworld that is ending at the end of season but surely the paid for game worlds (boards one) can't have a shelf life?

On congrats on Jerome B, slightly disappointed he didn't go higher if I'm honest

Yeah that's the impression I got too, I'm in a SM gameworld that is ending at the end of season but surely the paid for game worlds (boards one) can't have a shelf life?

On congrats on Jerome B, slightly disappointed he didn't go higher if I'm honest

I think there is a limit on the number of managers in a league, once it drops below a certain number ...then the league gets closed

chuffed all the same wiuth the boateng rise, makes the deal done for hig that little bit better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good stuff GT. Alaba and Dante both went from 92 to 93 so Boateng is less of a loss. Had a few other risers today and a few yesterday :)

Good stuff GT. Alaba and Dante both went from 92 to 93 so Boateng is less of a loss. Had a few other risers today and a few yesterday :)

No Rafinhia though.....… :-(

Yet!!

Lads,

anyone trying the (iPhone) app find it very laggy compared to the mobile site? which seems odd when the functionality seems to be identical.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone want Arnold Mvuemba? 87 rated midfielder. Have an external offer of 3.9m in so if anyone wants to match it before the end of the day, you can have him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Leonardo BITTENCOURT +2 - 85
    Erik DURM + 4 - 84
    Jonas HOFMANN +4 - 84
    Marcel SCHMELZER + 1 - 91
    Sven BENDER +1 - 91

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Leonardo BITTENCOURT +2 - 85
    Erik DURM + 4 - 84
    Jonas HOFMANN +4 - 84
    Marcel SCHMELZER + 1 - 91
    Sven BENDER +1 - 91

i predicted he'd rise in tupacs risers thread although i thought he'd get +5 :D
    swoody wrote: »
    Erik Durm 85/86 i reckon.

• Advertisement

leno next.......90 maybe tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement