Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Agh, just had to waste 3million and an extra 30k a week to get rid of two level 2 concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Seaneh wrote: »
    Agh, just had to waste 3million and an extra 30k a week to get rid of two level 2 concerns.

on who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yes you did.... ah well my hopes of retaining are out the window now! Time to concentrate on boozen!

to win it once was a big achievment mate especially on the opening season but yes drink up young fellow:)

if people want to throw a few p/e's into Juve for some of my 90+ players i'd gladly have a look. i wont be selling till the last game of the season tho.....will sell everyone else for cash.

swoody wrote: »
    on who?

Lima (F RLC, 89, 30 years) and Noboa (AM,M C, 89, 28 years).

both from 30k to 60k and 1.5million each.

I need them for now, but will probably sell/trade them next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What happens when you don't address the concerns?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What happens when you don't address the concerns?

might go to level 3 and eventually request a transfer.

@Swoody, anyone on my team take your fancy?

@Swoody, anyone on my team take your fancy?

i'm not doing the chasing......if people are interested in my players it's up to them to make me an offer. i've no need to sell all my players but i'd like to revamp it a bit.

i'd like to do like for like P/E's if possible....who are you interested in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

to win it once was a big achievment mate especially on the opening season but yes drink up young fellow:)

Gona make a tilt for the league next season in the new year! The app will make a difference too aswell too me with a lack of time!

P.S transfers from unmanaged teams WILL be turned off ASAP!

• Advertisement

i'm not doing the chasing......if people are interested in my players it's up to them to make me an offer. i've no need to sell all my players but i'd like to revamp it a bit.

i'd like to do like for like P/E's if possible....who are you interested in?

Matic for Pogba?

:pac:

Matic for Pogba?

:pac:

when Pogba hits 94 i'll sell ;)

Lads off topic I know but any of ye play football manager for pc I nevwr played before but will be taking the plunge and buying fm14 it later through steam.
    whats it like any tips?

Also lads say if you address a players concerns with cash will they develop concerns again down the line if you continue not to play them?

Lads off topic I know but any of ye play football manager for pc I nevwr played before but will be taking the plunge and buying fm14 it later through steam.
    whats it like any tips?

Also lads say if you address a players concerns with cash will they develop concerns again down the line if you continue not to play them?

the last PC football game i bought was championship manager 2001 :o

Championship_Manager_01_02_cover.jpg

yes, if your not playing him regularly or have loaned him out again against his wishes then they will return.

I have 90+players on the bench that I wont be able to keep happy Id say ill have to consider my options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Championship manager will take over your life!!!

I have 90+players on the bench that I wont be able to keep happy Id say ill have to consider my options.

Have a look at my youngsters, see if you fancy any and then get back to me, I might be able to do a trade with ya for one of your benchwarmers for two of my youngins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So an update on the Bale deal.

On December 25th (Xmas Day), I'll be marking Bale as available and as having no release clause.

I'll accept the best offer on January 2nd (i.e. the final day of the season, once the last game is played).

I'll remind people on Xmas day. But to say again, it won't be deals done via PM. Make the offer. See how you think it compares to others. Improve or not at your own will. I'll give updates as we go as well to keep people up to date with my thought process though. :)

A proper transfer battle. A proper whoring out. And a proper bit of excitement and fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have a look at my youngsters, see if you fancy any and then get back to me, I might be able to do a trade with ya for one of your benchwarmers for two of my youngins.

Me too :-)

Seaneh and mac I will do in coming week or so.

To put bale in a madrid jersey would be a lovely new year present for me I must say :)

My best new year present would be to win division 1 without ronaldo to prove all the doubters of the ronaldo deal wrong:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Seaneh and mac I will do in coming week or so.

To put bale in a madrid jersey would be a lovely new year present for me I must say :)

My best new year present would be to win division 1 without ronaldo to prove all the doubters of the ronaldo deal wrong:)

you have a pm over on sm;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

whats it like any tips?

Say good bye to your life :pac:

First thing take a look at your staff and see if you can hire any better replacements if possible. I remember once hiring Fernando Hierro as my defensive coach for Tottenham :p He made the defence rock solid after a few weeks.

Also have a google of football manager 14 wonderkids. It will give a list of all the young prospect players. The best part is 99% of the time you'll get each young player fairly cheap. I'd say this year go for the likes of Ginter, Max Meyer, etc.

Say good bye to your life :pac:

First thing take a look at your staff and see if you can hire any better replacements if possible. I remember once hiring Fernando Hierro as my defensive coach for Tottenham :p He made the defence rock solid after a few weeks.

Also have a google of football manager 14 wonderkids. It will give a list of all the young prospect players. The best part is 99% of the time you'll get each young player fairly cheap. I'd say this year go for the likes of Ginter, Max Meyer, etc.

Thanks for tips im half scared to play it to be honest with all these stories of rehab etc due to fm addiction :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes Chief Under Pressure

After a run of 8 league games without a victory, the Estudiantes Board are said to be losing patience with manager Willow Murphy. At the beginning of the season, the Board had expected Willow to lead the club in a chase for promotion to the second tier and, as recent as late November, he had them doing just that. However, the recent poor form coupled with below par performances from the squad as a whole has resulted in the club tumbling down the table and are now languishing in 14th place, just one better than where they finished last year. It is rumoured that the chairman is already drafting up a list of possible replacements in the event of another poor showing when they host Shanghai Shenhua this Sunday.

Meanwhile, in Portugal, Sporting Lisbon are apparently keeping a keen eye on the situation in Argentina, and possibly see the talented Ireland and Estudiantes manager as the ideal replacement for Jose "The Special One" Seaninho.

Wilberto wrote: »

After a run of 8 league games without a victory, the Estudiantes Board are said to be losing patience with manager Willow Murphy. At the beginning of the season, the Board had expected Willow to lead the club in a chase for promotion to the second tier and, as recent as late November, he had them doing just that. However, the recent poor form coupled with below par performances from the squad as a whole has resulted in the club tumbling down the table and are now languishing in 14th place, just one better than where they finished last year. It is rumoured that the chairman is already drafting up a list of possible replacements in the event of another poor showing when they host Shanghai Shenhua this Sunday.

Meanwhile, in Portugal, Sporting Lisbon are apparently keeping a keen eye on the situation in Argentina, and possibly see the talented Ireland and Estudiantes manager as the ideal replacement for Jose "The Special One" Seaninho.

In an interview this evening from his new offices at Benfica HQ Jose Seaninho gave his seal of approval to the man most likely to be his heir at Sporting Lisbon, Willow Murphy.

Seaninho said he believed that Murphy has everything needed to take Sporting to the next level and that appointing a new manger before the end of the season so that sporting can concentrate on securing the title and look towards next season in division 3 was essential for the long term future of the club.

Wilberto wrote: »

em, Sao Paulo? D2 4 points off 6th with 4 to play (i think)...... i'd get onto their chairman and express an interest maybe if they get into the playoffs or better yet get promoted you might be what their looking for since you speak the same language. :pac:

em, Sao Paulo? D2 4 points off 6th with 4 to play (i think)...... i'd get onto their chairman and express an interest maybe if they get into the playoffs or better yet get promoted you might be what their looking for since you speak the same language. :pac:

Er, they speak Portuguese in Brazil too... so he's as well off moving to Sporting.

Also, Sporting have a *much* better team to work with.

Er, they speak Portuguese in Brazil too... so he's as well off moving to Sporting.

Also, Sporting have a *much* better team to work with.

not if they have no team in 2 weeks....

i cant warm to football manager at all lads its so complicated and boring i feel lost and disinterested a complete waste of 37 euro but anyways at least i have my soccermanager :)

• Advertisement

not if they have no team in 2 weeks....

If he takes the job now, they will have a great team for div3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement