Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Danger781 wrote: »
    What's the normal etiquette for purchasing a player? Just go ahead and make a bid or message the manager first?

yup make a bid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Bayern have made an offer reported to be around 10,000,000 for Gareth BALE of Tottenham Hotspur plus Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER and Mario GÓMEZ,

Nice bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

mackeire wrote: »
    Bayern have made an offer reported to be around 10,000,000 for Gareth BALE of Tottenham Hotspur plus Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER and Mario GÓMEZ,

Nice bid

And takes first place imo. Hell of pair of players, even if the cash included wouldn't be huge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cash isn't a massive motivator if I'm being honest. Don't get me wrong, the 30m figures being quoted with the players would be nice, as I could use it to pick up a few squad players.

But that's a savage bid from Bayern now. Two good good players who'd easily improve my first team. Very nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

What about 31m and internet cookies?

• Advertisement

FC Porto has made an undisclosed offer for Gareth BALE of Tottenham Hotspur.

Spill the bean's TSC

Hanover (Robbie Kirwan) have managed to sign Dirk KUYT from Cruzeiro (brian kermode) on a deal believed to be around 2,300,000 plus Didier YA KONAN.

Another 90 rated player moves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

MrMac84 wrote: »

Spill the bean's TSC

Yep, spill the beans:D, Bayern the frontrunners as it stands imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Spill the bean's TSC

sorry habit ...

Dzeko + Mbiwa + 30m as an appetizer

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    sorry habit ...

Thats a good deal aswell!

• Advertisement

Thats a good deal aswell!

not as good as mcgeady, risse and 27m :cool:

sorry habit ...

Decent offer alright but I would still rather Bayerns offer

Good striker, a very very promising young defender and some pocket change :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm gonna need to reassess.....
    Dont think Deulofeu is gonna swing this for me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

A big warm welcome to all new managers.

Alan hutton is for sale and he's magic in this game. I'm only selling him as a welcome to the game offer for you new guys

Good striker, a very very promising young defender and some pocket change :cool:

Gomez and Dzeko are very similar but I would definitely go for Schweinsteiger over Mbiwa and 20m

eh i dunno wrote: »

Alan hutton is for sale and he's magic in this game.
    two league games in 2 seasons. ye he's magic alright.

eh i dunno wrote: »

Alan hutton is for sale and he's magic in this game. I'm only selling him as a welcome to the game offer for you new guys

How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How much?

2m. I'm not online so dunno his value but you can have him for 2m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Id honestly keep Bale, none of those offers really tempt me. That said maybe i am just bitter i can't bid..:)

• Advertisement

Is there a way to find a list of external clubs?

Is there a way to find a list of external clubs?

click on the little globe, go to club list ... any club not on this list would be external :D

or click the globe, under world, select continent, then country and you have a list of clubs in said country

Guys,

With the time required to scout players, set up tactics, pick teams, respond to PMs and chats.... how/where do you find time for the important things in life?

I mean ... I haven't played the Xbox in months!:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Id honestly keep Bale, none of those offers really tempt me. That said maybe i am just bitter i can't bid..:)

90% of the fun in this game, for me, is transfering and team building.

Two seasons in a row, with Bale, I've come solidly midtable.

Ideally, I'd love some world class players to go alongside Bale. But that's unlikely to happen. So I'm quite happy to move him on now and get some new stars to play as the focal points of my team, in a bid to shake things up enough to move up the table.

Looking at my first 11, only 4 of them are actually Spurs players. Bale is moving on now, so that'll be down to three. But it's my team, and I enjoy transfering players like this. And it brings some fun and excitement to the whole game world :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

For the teams that got promoted last season from Div 2, have you made extra money from revenue and gate receipts in div 1 this season compared to Div 2 last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Ideally, I'd love some world class players to go alongside Bale. But that's unlikely to happen. So I'm quite happy to move him on now and get some new stars to play as the focal points of my team, in a bid to shake things up enough to move up the table.

Looking at my first 11, only 4 of them are actually Spurs players. Bale is moving on now, so that'll be down to three. But it's my team, and I enjoy transfering players like this. And it brings some fun and excitement to the whole game world :)

Don't get me wrong, i can see your logic and i pretty much agree with you but i am in a similar position to yourself with only one top player and it would take a crazy bid to make me part with him. None of those bids would be enough.

I think the real fun part is NOT selling to the 'big' teams and sending him to Porto :D

tonic wine wrote: »
    For the teams that got promoted last season from Div 2, have you made extra money from revenue and gate receipts in div 1 this season compared to Div 2 last season?

tbh, I cant remember ... my attendances are up slightly I think, but that is about all I can remember

Jamel SAIHI has completed his move to Los Angeles Galaxy from Spartak Moskva for 4,740,000

• Advertisement

I think the real fun part is NOT selling to the 'big' teams and sending him to Porto :D

Nah, the REAL FUN is when he joins a team in Div 4 next year, like oh I don't know, maybe LA Galaxy, for 31mil. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement