Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Carlos Planas
    52f89fe984ce462dedbc810f086feb6b.png

I've an external offer of fractionally under 5m - First 3.5 from a managed team gets him. Might help some?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Carlos Planas

I've an external offer of fractionally under 5m - First 3.5 from a managed team gets him. Might help some?

I'm on my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I'm on my way.

man, go for higher rated players. 87's plus. you'll find loads of them if you take a few minutes to search for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Carlos Planas

I'd cancel the externals 5m bid before you accept a lower offer....

Well I can't exchange another defender for him so I'm leaving it. I have to offer 4.73 and I'm not going to give that away for a player that wont get into the first team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

mackeire wrote: »
    man, go for higher rated players. 87's plus. you'll find loads of them if you take a few minutes to search for them

+1

Get a decent team together and then scout for future talent. Any team should have a starting line up of atleast 87/88 players

mackeire wrote: »

Yeah, i'd agree tbh mate, dont be throwing it away in too much of a hurry.....

What's your sig btw PBJ?

What's your sig btw PBJ?

M'ainm as Gaeilge.

:o

Is that an S or a J - I was looking at it thinking it was '&'.
    My denseness sometimes amazes me.

• Advertisement

:o

Is that an S or a J - I was looking at it thinking it was '&'.
    My denseness sometimes amazes me.

An S.

If a teams manager goes 30 days without signing in, what happens?

If a teams manager goes 30 days without signing in, what happens?

He's turfed out, and job becomes available.

Does it become an external club in terms of how players are sold?

No players can be bought from said clubs for about 7 days, then it's open season.
    Although I'm sure it's been decided to turn OFF the 'Buying from unmanaged clubs' option for the coming season in a bid to keep them from being plundered.
    Although the way the AI sells after a club becomes unmanaged, I'm not sure what difference it'll make.

I'll just have to do my business quickly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No players can be bought from said clubs for about 7 days, then it's open season.
    Although I'm sure it's been decided to turn OFF the 'Buying from unmanaged clubs' option for the coming season in a bid to keep them from being plundered.
    Although the way the AI sells after a club becomes unmanaged, I'm not sure what difference it'll make.
    Can't be bought, not can be bought for the first 7 days

What's wrong with "No players can be bought" :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

AI can't buy or sell either is "buying from unmanaged clubs" is off.

Look at copa del boards, unmanaged clubs are still their original squads.

Danger781 wrote: »
    What's wrong with "No players can be bought" :confused:

Woops, misread, still drunk :D

Seaneh wrote: »
    Look at copa del boards, unmanaged clubs are still their original squads.

There's a second boards league? Interesting.. :)

I'm currently Preston North End in league 1 of ' So you think you're good '

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can't be bought, not can be bought for the first 7 days

Clubs whos managers leave/quit etc will not sell any players for 7 days. After 7 days under current rules if a new manager has not been installed they then will accept ANY bid for ANY player. This is a rule we are changing as lads work very hard too build teams up in division 4 and amas huge manager ranking points (see post number 1 in this thread where it explains ranking points and the application process when teams become free) so big in fact we've seen them get jobs at the likes of Real Madrid Spurs & Bayern Munich, but as soon as they leave their old sides get ripped apart not even so much by controlled teams but from external sides. And in turn when new managers take over the sides are in pieces and have no cash in the most making them
    Unattractive too new managers which is bad for the game in turn as we want this world competitive as possible

Game world ID is 212627

PM me the team you want, we've a seperate thread too so as not to clog this one up :)

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Clubs whos managers leave/quit etc will not sell any players for 7 days. After 7 days under current rules if a new manager has not been installed they then will accept ANY bid for ANY player. This is a rule we are changing as lads work very hard too build teams up in division 4 and amas huge manager ranking points (see post number 1 in this thread where it explains ranking points and the application process when teams become free) so big in fact we've seen them get jobs at the likes of Real Madrid Spurs & Bayern Munich, but as soon as they leave their old sides get ripped apart not even so much by controlled teams but from external sides. And in turn when new managers take over the sides are in pieces and have no cash in the most making them
    Unattractive too new managers which is bad for the game in turn as we want this world competitive as possible

I'm not even reading that wall of text but you'll see above that I misread the post and deleted my comment...

Yup there's two
    This was the first created. Then PPPP created a second. PM him for more details n they've a seperate thread too with different rules too ours like a squad cap etc

I'm not even reading that wall of text but you'll see above that I misread the post and deleted my comment...

Wasn't aimed at you even tho I quoted you. I misread too and was actually agreeing with you but posting in detail for the new players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Fairly happy with my rebuilding project at FC Basel so far. Went from a team with a highest player of 86, to currently two 89's, six 88's and eleven 87's :) Have some nice recent additions like Adam Johnson and Pepe Simone who are doing well. Also signed Markus Henriksen rated 86 but only 21 and will rise so one for the future hopefully. Also have Jeffery Bruma at 87 aged 22, may have to move him on if it would get me some better players.

Recently signed Matteo Darmian from Torino who has been playing well in real life and steadily rising over the last year so will be surprised if he doesn't get a bump to 88 soon.

Will be shipping out a couple of 87's soon like Joe Cole, Charlie Adam and Dejagah for minor profits :)

Have got them from 17th to 13th currently so hopefully witha few more additions might do well next season.

Also lads great too see the thread and game world nice and active. It'll all ways have quiet periods mid season

I assume Auxerre were managed by AI before I took over..

Signed some awful players and got rid of some great players for nothing..

lqdr.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I assume Auxerre were managed by AI before I took over..

Signed some awful players and got rid of some great players for nothing..

Yup. Auxerre were left unmanaged for quite a while. Eventually, the AI just tries to sign the club's real life players, which is the same thing that externals do in order to keep the game up to date. Unfortunately Auxerre, in real life, aren't too impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fairly happy with my rebuilding project at FC Basel so far. Went from a team with a highest player of 86, to currently two 89's, six 88's and eleven 87's :) Have some nice recent additions like Adam Johnson and Pepe Simone who are doing well. Also signed Markus Henriksen rated 86 but only 21 and will rise so one for the future hopefully. Also have Jeffery Bruma at 87 aged 22, may have to move him on if it would get me some better players.

Recently signed Matteo Darmian from Torino who has been playing well in real life and steadily rising over the last year so will be surprised if he doesn't get a bump to 88 soon.

Will be shipping out a couple of 87's soon like Joe Cole, Charlie Adam and Dejagah for minor profits :)

Have got them from 17th to 13th currently so hopefully witha few more additions might do well next season.

You're doing a great job there. Glad my old boys are helping you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement