Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fairly happy with my rebuilding project at FC Basel so far. Went from a team with a highest player of 86, to currently two 89's, six 88's and eleven 87's :) Have some nice recent additions like Adam Johnson and Pepe Simone who are doing well. Also signed Markus Henriksen rated 86 but only 21 and will rise so one for the future hopefully. Also have Jeffery Bruma at 87 aged 22, may have to move him on if it would get me some better players.

Recently signed Matteo Darmian from Torino who has been playing well in real life and steadily rising over the last year so will be surprised if he doesn't get a bump to 88 soon.

Will be shipping out a couple of 87's soon like Joe Cole, Charlie Adam and Dejagah for minor profits :)

Have got them from 17th to 13th currently so hopefully witha few more additions might do well next season.

That is a good job your doing!

P.S Thanks for stopping by :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

any keepers 88 or higher for sale??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

eh i dunno wrote: »

Sorrentino at AZ providing its the right offer, if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Seaneh wrote: »
    You're doing a great job there. Glad my old boys are helping you out.

Cheers mate their mainstays in the team, Matavz has a good link up with Del Moral so far and Tabanou is captain ;)
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    That is a good job your doing!

P.S Thanks for stopping by :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I actually check the thread daily :pac: Don't have much to post though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cheers mate their mainstays in the team, Matavz has a good link up with Del Moral so far and Tabanou is captain ;)

I actually check the thread daily :pac: Don't have much to post though :pac:

Neither do tupac GTI or me ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

eh i dunno wrote: »

I sold Romero for 7.5 only this week ... I spent a season and a half trying to upgrade him with a young enough 89 or 90 ( for normal money) in the end still had to spend 15m on a 26yr old 89

Who's GTI :rolleyes: :D

I dont post much really, just when the mood takes me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Tinie wrote: »
    Sorrentino at AZ providing its the right offer, if your interested.

too old for me

Actually lads I'll most definitely be looking to move on Bruma should I get an offer to help better the team. So if anyone's after him just let me know.

I'd say the forum could use an off topic thread at this stage :pac: Would be handy to pick up posting plenty of lads having good banter in here, off topic would let everyone talk non sm stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Can I make a suggestion? Pretty much every time I go on to SoccerManager.com, I struggle to find the manager of the team I want to talk to online, so I propose that we make a contact list and that it's put into the first post of the thread. That way, we can PM eachother on here if we cant reach eachother over there. If you click the username, it directly takes you to the send PM screen.

Eg:
    . Boards.ie Username .
    |
    . Team Managed .

Peanut Butter Jelly|LA Galaxy
    Al Cpwned|FC Barcelona
    eh i dunno|Aston Villa
    MrMac84|Borrusia Dortmund
    Willberto|Estudiantes
    The Governor| FC Basel
    Danger781| AJ Auxerre
    Princess Petulia Pissy Pants| Bayern München
    mackeire|Spartak Moskva
    Teamshadowclan| Tottenham Hotspur
    GT_TDI_150 |FC Porto
    hefferboi |Vélez Sársfield
    Munster Magic|Newcastle

We can rearrange them in whatever order and if you can post the team you manage and I'll add you to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Can I make a suggestion? Pretty much every time I go on to SoccerManager.com, I struggle to find the manager of the team I want to talk to online, so I propose that we make a contact list and that it's put into the first post of the thread. That way, we can PM eachother on here if we cant reach eachother over there. If you click the username, it directly takes you to the send PM screen.

Eg:
    . Boards.ie Username .
    |
    . Team Managed .

Al Cpwned|FC Barcelona
    eh i dunno|Aston Villa
    Willberto|Estudiantes
    The Governor| FC Basel
    Danger781| AJ Auxerre
    mackeire|Spartak Moskva
    GT_TDI_150 |FC Porto

We can rearrange them in whatever order and if you can post the team you manage and I'll add you to the list.

I am Newcastle

Great idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Auxerre here! Throw me in there sure :)

Also, I'm up against Boca Juniors tonight.. My first game in charge of Auxerre!

If I win we'll end up in fourth.. Although with it being my first game and all it's possible we'll be decimated :pac:

When i did the manager ratings, i was publishing team names and manager names from sm on here. A few got odd over this as now their anonymous boards profile was being linked/published with their actual name(some use it on sm), just saying thats all, personally i dont care...

Ps thanks for getting my username right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Danger781 wrote: »
    Auxerre here! Throw me in there sure :)

Also, I'm up against Boca Juniors tonight.. My first game in charge of Auxerre!

If I win we'll end up in fourth.. Although with it being my first game and all it's possible we'll be decimated :pac:

The 2 of us are new and it looks like we're both going for the same players :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

. Boards.ie Username .
    |
    . Team Managed .

Al Cpwned|FC Barcelona
    eh i dunno|Aston Villa
    Wilberto|Estudiantes
    The Governor| FC Basel
    Danger781| AJ Auxerre
    mackeire|Spartak Moskva
    GT_TDI_150 |FC Porto
    Munster Magic|Newcastle

Just wanted to correct the spelling of 'Wilberto'. There's only one 'l'! :D :P

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Ps thanks for getting my username right :D

CTRL+C, CTRL+V ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

hefferboi wrote: »
    The 2 of us are new and it looks like we're both going for the same players :P

Velez Sarsfield I assume :P

Yes I added a few to my shortlist and you're trying to steal them from me ;) hah :p

What happens when it's matchtime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

What happens when it's matchtime?

All the players get together and have a game of football

• Advertisement

But is there a timelapse of it I can view, or do I just have to wait a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Sigh...

this is what happens when I have to play Guerrero up front :(

oh well, top 8 well and truly a distant dream now:

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Manchester United.
    FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Manchester United in their Division 1 fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Huge win for the Gunners, just creeping outside of the relegation zone. Need a win in the last game to stay up though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Real madrdid win division 1 with a 4-1 victory over man city fabregas with a hatrick ronaldo me arse :p

I cant believe Ive won division 1 back in march when it started I took charge of a division 4 team Hamburg and won promotion with them and now im winning division 1 with real madrid thanks to all for staying with the game and making it so much fun :)

Also hard luck to juventus dortmund and psg who deserve it just as much as me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Kaka, Ashley young, and Huntelaar for sale...Gonna let em go after the final game of the season so if anyone is interested throw in an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Need Lyon to do me a favour in the final game otherwise it's playoffs.

James Mcconville steered Hamburg to victory against Beşiktaş JK.
    Hamburg beat Beşiktaş JK 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Navas scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Natcho was also on the scoresheet for his side.

WEYHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

First game, first win. Went 1-0 down in the 11th minute, and came back with Ambrose in the 20th minute, with the winning goal coming in the 87th minute from Fred.

Wilberto, a very formidable opponent and I wish you the best in the future.

Next up, a relegation decider against FC Twente. Can I go from 5 points behind them with 2 games left to avoiding relegation in my first season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

6-1 away to Sunderland, Robben with 4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Kaka, Ashley young, and Huntelaar for sale...Gonna let em go after the final game of the season so if anyone is interested throw in an offer.

Threw you an offer for Young. Won my first game in charge 1-0. Happy days!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement