Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I actually think that the 'not buying from unmanaged' might stagnate the transfer market even further ... for the bigger clubs looking to improve squads NOW and not build for the future the only port of call is teams in our league ( I dont think there is any 89+ players left at externals), managed clubbed might not be willing to sell for a reasonable price, unmanaged wont be able to sell at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

The best way to do it would be to disallow buying from unmanaged, and allow buying from externals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And what would his be?

Yes, what would that price be :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    Won my first game in charge, 2-1 against Boca Juniors! :)

Up to 6th place now..

Oops! Actually up to 4th in Div. 4 :)

Only one game left in the season.. 4th vs 2nd

If I win, I stay 4th.. He wins, he stays 2nd.. but a win for me could see him fall to third

How many qualify automatically? 2?

Then the play-offs? How many go through?

If I were you Teamshadowclan, i'd be at this right now

tumblr_lt0n3i8LgP1qabhns.gif

• Advertisement

The best way to do it would be to disallow buying from unmanaged, and allow buying from externals.
    this is what we are doing next season ... (I stand to be corrected here) but there are no 89+ players left at externals so buying from externals mightnt improve that many squads

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    this is what we are doing next season ... (I stand to be corrected here) but there are no 89+ players left at externals so buying from externals mightnt improve that many squads

But not everyone needs that high to improve their squad, I'd take in 85's to replace some of the players I have. What about the young players also, the good ones could be at externals.

btw, I know this isnt a motorsport related thread but we all love our sport so ...

Shumi in a coma after skiing accident :eek:

Used to hate his arrogance on the track but really hope he pulls through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

And what would his be?

No idea, but he is my only class player,,Would have to be a mad offer!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I actually think that the 'not buying from unmanaged' might stagnate the transfer market even further ... for the bigger clubs looking to improve squads NOW and not build for the future the only port of call is teams in our league ( I dont think there is any 89+ players left at externals), managed clubbed might not be willing to sell for a reasonable price, unmanaged wont be able to sell at all...

^^^^^^^^

I think not been able to buy from unmanaged teams will destroy this league and take the fun and enjoyment out of the transfer market. It works now, don't change whats not broke. It doesn't work in the new boards league, got very boring being honest, and its changed in the good league thus making that league now boring. This is the only league I've an interest in playing anymore.

My team Kyiv shows why it works.

When I took over all my good players were sold. I had one 90 rated player which I cashed in on to invest in a good squad. I bought most of my players from unmanaged teams. I've now built up my team and sit second in the league to get automatic promotion to the 1st division.

If you now turn this option off, all the clubs that have been raided will never be able to build and get competitive. When clubs raid they pay way over the odds as there competing against each other to get the signature.

This results in the unmanaged club having a big bank balance when a new manager steps in, and he's in a position to do the same to the next unmanaged club to build up his squad and the circle continues.

It also keeps activity in the transfer market, you get one player in, you sell on another to raise more funds. If players are not been sold from unmanaged clubs it slows down the transfer activity massively.

This effects the game as a whole from the top to the bottom. It also helps the smaller clubs to be competitive as we cannot compete for the best players. I'm speaking as a small club which as one of the smallest attendance in the league but I can be competitive by buying from unmanaged clubs and compete against the bigger clubs for signatures with cash.

I didn't have any good players that managers were interested in px. I can only be competitive with cash buying from unmanaged clubs.

Turning this off will have a massive detrimental effect on the game as a whole as I tried to explain above. Sorry to go on, just trying to get my points across to be taken on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

tonic wine wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

I think not been able to buy from unmanaged teams will destroy this league and take the fun and enjoyment out of the transfer market. It works now, don't change whats not broke. It doesn't work in the new boards league, got very boring being honest, and its changed in the good league thus making that league now boring. This is the only league I've an interest in playing anymore.

When I took over all my good players were sold. I had one 90 rated player which I cashed in on to invest in a good squad. I bought most of my players from unmanaged teams. I've now built up my team and sit second in the league to get automatic promotion to the 1st division.

If you now turn this option off, all the clubs that have been raided will never be able to build and get competitive. When clubs raid they pay way over the odds as there competing against each other to get the signature.

This results in the unmanaged club having a big bank balance when a new manager steps in, and he's in a position to do the same to the next unmanaged club to build up his squad and the circle continues.

It also keeps activity in the transfer market, you get one player in, you sell on another to raise more funds. If players are not been sold from unmanaged clubs it slows down the transfer activity massively.

This effects the game as a whole from the top to the bottom. It also helps the smaller clubs to be competitive as we cannot compete for the best players. I'm speaking as a small club which as one of the smallest attendance in the league but I can be competitive by buying from unmanaged clubs and compete against the bigger clubs for signatures with cash.

I didn't have any good players that managers were interested in px. I can only be competitive with cash buying from unmanaged clubs.

Turning this off will have a massive detrimental effect on the game as a whole as I tried to explain above. Sorry to go on, just trying to get my points across to be taken on board.

You know when I first joined I thought banning buying from unmanaged teams would be a good thing. But after going through the building process with a small team I now feel the opposite and agree 100% with you.

Having spent ages searching externals I've only found a handful of decent 89's/88's. Most of my best players were picked up from unmanaged teams. Cash is virtually useless for buying from managed clubs a lot of the time, being able to buy cash from an unmanaged was very useful to pick up a decent player or two.

Will be very hard this season I reckon to do some wheeling and dealing, unless things change and clubs start selling lots of players for cash and for decent'ish prices. For example I remember seeing an 88 worth around 5m at the time listed for something like 20m.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think leaving it as is is stupidity, especially now that we have near a full league again.

In other news.

SL Benfica have sold Nemanja Matic to Newcastle in a deal which sees Aleksander Kolorov and Miguel Veloso going in the opposite direction.

Had to sacrifice a very good player to upgrade my LB position but gained a replacement in the deal.

Chelsea have made an offer reported to be around 0 for Gareth BALE of Tottenham Hotspur plus Juan MATA and Romelu LUKAKU.

Actually think this is up there with the top bids ...

Given my man crushes on Mata and Lukaku, it's very tempting....

Been a busy few days in the transfer market for me.
    Arruda HÉLTON has completed his move to SL Benfica from Dynamo Kyiv for 4,750,000 plus Artur MORAES

So in the first team that's...

IN:
    Hélton
    Kolorov
    Bradley
    Veloso

OUT:
    Moraes
    Angel
    Amorim
    Martins
    Osorio
    Izmailov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

The 15m and Aspas deal would of looked better at just 15m:P

Right, going to decline a few of the Bale deals.

Thats not to say we're down to the last three, and its definitely one of the three bids that will get him.

Just that as things stand, those are the three most tempting bids I've got so far. :)

To add to that, why I've kept those three bids....Real and Chelsea are offering a massive player who would become the star of my team as well as a young player who could easily slot into my first team today as well. While Bayern are offering me a star and an older but really good striker as well.

Right, going to decline a few of the Bale deals.

Thats not to say we're down to the last three, and its definitely one of the three bids that will get him.

Just that as things stand, those are the three most tempting bids I've got so far. :)

To add to that, why I've kept those three bids....Real and Chelsea are offering a massive player who would become the star of my team as well as a young player who could easily slot into my first team today as well. While Bayern are offering me a star and an older but really good striker as well.

I can tell fr that twas a good thing i withdrew my bid, never matching those offers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Seaneh wrote: »
    In other news.

SL Benfica have sold Nemanja Matic to Newcastle in a deal which sees Aleksander Kolorov and Miguel Veloso going in the opposite direction.

Had to sacrifice a very good player to upgrade my LB position but gained a replacement in the deal.

Best of luck with both of them. I see Matic as an upgrade on Veloso and I still have Rose and Schennikov for left back so I could afford to get rid of Kolarov

The rebuild in the north east has begun:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

bloody hell div 2 will have everton, west brom and either ac Milan, barca or arsenal next season :eek: better start improving my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

bloody hell div 2 will have everton, west brom and barca next season :eek: better start improving my team.

FYP

barca away (i think) to real = 0pts (unless real rest everyone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tonic wine wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

Very valid point mate. Will we do a quick poll vote??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bloody hell div 2 will have everton, west brom and either ac Milan, barca or arsenal next season :eek: better start improving my team.

Don't forget the mighty AZ.

Be afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Very valid point mate. Will we do a quick poll vote??

Sure why not. I'd say it'll be a huge majority that will want it changed.

It's only a few teams that won't be touched as most teams have a manager now, all the externals are still up for grabs

Got my first signing today, 87 rated D(C), 5.8M

Will probably make my first 11, or at the very least he can be a good sub :)

Also had a bid accepted for an 88 ranked CM which allowed me to load off one of my unwanted players..

Slowly but surely making progress :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Danger781 wrote: »
    Got my first signing today, 87 rated D(C), 5.8M

Will probably make my first 11, or at the very least he can be a good sub :)

Also had a bid accepted for an 88 ranked CM which allowed me to load off one of my unwanted players..

Slowly but surely making progress :)

Well done. When signing players from externals it's best in my opinion to keep it quiet so as not to alert other teams to the player, wait till he's signed then shout from the roof tops :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Well done. When signing players from externals it's best in my opinion to keep it quiet so as not to alert other teams to the player, wait till he's signed then shout from the roof tops :p

Also use your crap players in part exchange for players from external clubs instead of usen all your cash then trying too sell them afterwards

• Advertisement

:o

I also just noticed I'm incredibly short on AM(C) and F(C) now that one of my players is injured :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement