Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Very valid point mate. Will we do a quick poll vote??

Or just leave it as it is :D. The league is almost full again, there is more activity in this league compared to others, the signs are there that this league is working best off all of them the way its set up now. It's been tried in other leagues and the activity with in them will show show and prove it doesn't work that well.

If there is enough managers asking for a poll to have it voted on, do we have until the play offs are over before the rules need to be decided or when is the deadline? It's a huge decision that should not be rushed as it will have a massive effect on the game IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tonic wine wrote: »
    Or just leave it as it is :D. The league is almost full again, there is more activity in this league compared to others, the signs are there that this league is working best off all of them the way its set up now. It's been tried in other leagues and the activity with in them will show show and prove it doesn't work that well.

If there is enough managers asking for a poll to have it voted on, do we have until the play offs are over before the rules need to be decided or when is the deadline? It's a huge decision that should not be rushed as it will have a massive effect on the game IMO.

Ill only change it in the closed season and itll have too be before the new season begins ( I belive) listen lads from day ONE ive said it's our league not mine so I'll leave this choice as with all others upto every one here

We are still trying one season with smfa monitoring off and I think everyone will agree there's not multiple accounts on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

tonic wine wrote: »

In my opinion the comparison between this league and the others can't be made. This is most popular and competitive because it was the first proper Boards league not because you can buy from unmanaged teams. It will always be the most popular because it was the first. I own the Copa del boards league and even I prefer this league

Your statement that the other leagues inactivity prove that this won't work is wrong, there are way too many variables like when they started, what teams are in them, etc. to prove that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Your statement that the other leagues inactivity prove that this won't work is wrong, there are way too many variables like when they started, what teams are in them, etc. to prove that

There is a huge amount of quality players made unavailable with this rule. Which in turn massively slows down the transfer activity. Smaller clubs can't compete for top players. Example, why would someone swap a 91 rated player for two 89's? Buying top rated players from unmanaged clubs is the main use of cash.

Anyways, you are probably right that its unfair to discuss other leagues in this thread. I've made my points with examples in my other post why the cycle works in this league, and the negatives that will arise from changing the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Make a poll, it's the best way to decide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Lads, can you cancel transfers once they've been accepted by an external club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

hefferboi wrote: »
    Lads, can you cancel transfers once they've been accepted by an external club?

Yes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Looks like going on the sauce instead of managing my team last night didn't work out too well....

Need three points in last game to stand any chance of staying up.
    Away.
    To Madrid.
    Who are the new champions.....

Oh dear.

Congrats on the title btw mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Looks like going on the sauce instead of managing my team last night didn't work out too well....

Away.
    To Madrid.

Oh dear.

Madrid, give him a win, I don't fancy getting beaten by a hockey score twice next season against Messialdo.

Hey lads, looking for a 91+ rated FC, willing to trade 2 of Lima (89) Cardozo (90) and Pizzaro (90) and cash for the right player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Away.
    To Madrid.

Oh dear.

Thanks mate uve just been unlucky you took over and they were in a bad position.

While i wish you all the luck in the world on thursday ill have to play a full strength team to make it fair on other managers fighting relegation.

Unless you wanna sell me pique at face value :p

Anyone notice that Pepper's "brother" hasn't been on since pepper quit?

Thanks mate uve just been unlucky you took over and they were in a bad position.

While i wish you all the luck in the world on thursday ill have to play a full strength team to make it fair on other managers fighting relegation.

Unless you wanna sell me pique at face value :p

Wouldn't have it any other way to be fair lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads just to let you know......

a swap deal (preferably)
    sale.jpg
    is now on

EVERY 90+ PLAYER (bar pogba and sanchez) IS AVAILABLE AT

JUVENTUS

pretend it's "sale" and not "sail"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Even if I win the next game I'll be a point off second, devastated but that's what happens when you don't snap out of bad form

Not sure I can do much more with PSV tbh, seems I've taken them to their level, my chairman was even predicting a relegation battle this season at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Seaneh wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Pepper's "brother" hasn't been on since pepper quit?

I haven't been around in a while and only found out yesterday that pepper quit Real. I then checked "his bro" and seen he was offline for 26 days or something. Odd.

Who was his bruv managing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Finally offloaded Albrighton. Need to offload some fringe players to build up my transfer kitty

bremen.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Bremen, bottom of div 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I will likely be looking to move on Eto'o as we'll if anyone is interested in a swap deal for a 92 rated striker :)

Even if I win the next game I'll be a point off second, devastated but that's what happens when you don't snap out of bad form

Not sure I can do much more with PSV tbh, seems I've taken them to their level, my chairman was even predicting a relegation battle this season at the start.

Valencia are on the hunt for a new manager, last game of the season with a shot at automatic promotion, really good opportunity, think you'd be a great fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hey lads, looking for a 91+ rated FC, willing to trade 2 of Lima (89) Cardozo (90) and Pizzaro (90) and cash for the right player.

Might move on dzeko ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

swoody wrote: »
    lads just to let you know......

a swap deal (preferably)
    sale.jpg
    is now on

EVERY 90+ PLAYER (bar pogba and sanchez) IS AVAILABLE AT

JUVENTUS

pretend it's "sale" and not "sail"

Oh, must go for a look over in Turin ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

All this talk of 90+ rated players... Feel free to slide 'em my way if ye want rid of them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Valencia are on the hunt for a new manager, last game of the season with a shot at automatic promotion, really good opportunity, think you'd be a great fit.

It would be a step sideways IMO down to the youth and potential I've filled my first 11 with.

I've had 40m in the bank for months now and not been able to sign anyone.

Danger781 wrote: »
    All this talk of 90+ rated players... Feel free to slide 'em my way if ye want rid of them :pac:

i've been saying for months that i was gunna sell my 90 rated players at the end of the season ;)

i've been saying for months that i was gunna sell my 90 rated players at the end of the season ;)

why you selling them??

eh i dunno wrote: »
    why you selling them??

i've an unwritten rule that i cant own the same player twice (only in special situations is it allowed) in any of the 10 leagues i'm in :o :rolleyes: :pac: :cool:

and i want to freshen my squad.....

• Advertisement

i've an unwritten rule that i cant own the same player twice (only in special situations is it allowed) in any of the 10 leagues i'm in :o :rolleyes: :pac: :cool:

and i want to freshen my squad.....

Jaysus :eek:
    Are you letting them all go on the cheap? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement