Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What offer did you get? You can PM me if you prefer. I might just be able to make a fair offer.

enzo perez and oscar cardozo. an 89 and a 90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

eh i dunno wrote: »
    enzo perez and oscar cardozo. an 89 and a 90

charlie-manuel-meme-generator-ummm-yeah-i-got-nothin-633449.jpg?1339100330.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Right, looking for genuine opinions here. Even if people just want to PM them so as not to offend people or such. But I was awake a bit last night, and in the process was thinking about the Bale deal which obviously is set for tomorrow night :)

I rejected Real's bid this morning, just because while it's good, very good in fact, I don't think it strengthens my team as much as the others.

Bayern - 10.0M + Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER + Mario GÓMEZ.

Chelsea - 0k + Juan MATA + Romelu LUKAKU.

Barcelona - 19.4m + Xavi + Mkhitaryan + Deulofeu (with Djurdjevic heading to Barca as well).

I feel with all three, I'm getting a star player to replace Bale (Schweinsteiger, Mata, Xavi). Don't know much about Schweingsteiger but obviously a great rating. Know Xavi is getting old, and that always worries me, but even if he drops, he's still going to be rated higher than most. I adore Mata, and worry I'll never get another chance to sign him. But I don't know what's happening with him at Chelsea and don't know if he'll get a rise soon or if he'd actually drop due to lack of appearances.

Secondary to the stars, we've got Mkhitaryan who is rated 91 and only 24, so could still go up. Lukaku should go up, but will he while at Everton? Could be a while. But like Mata, may never get the chance to sign him again. And would hate in a years time to be annoyed I passed up Mata and Lukaku. And Gomez. I think I've actually turned him down before from another manager, and worry he could also just be someone I move on later down the line. That said, he would be an upgrade on Hernandez.

And then Barca have Deulofeu involved as well, who will likely see rises from his 85 rating.

SO yeah. Utterly torn between all three deals right now. Leaning towards Barca, but then over the night, have jumped between all three deals :(

(1st World Problems, I know. :P)

Not to offend anyone else but of those, Barca for sure, although I thought Realm's bid would walk it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

On the bale deals, id go with chelsea but the i've a preference for belgian players ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hope ye take this post in the spirit it is intended, and not as a ploy or anything...

tbh I would have though I'd be in pole position with my offer.
    Xavi may well drop but he's still gonna be a hell of a good midfielder for many a season to come...
    Mkhitaryan is a nailed on riser, as is Deulofeu.

There's a few doubts over both Mata if he doesn't leave Chelsea, though I can't really see that NOT happening. And Lukaku (Does Mourinho not fancy him or what, Can't understand why he has Torres and Eto'o ahead of him.)

Schweinsteiger is one of my favourite players and would be a hell of a temptation if I were in TSC's shoes, Gomez however, has only played 5 times all year...

____

I reckon I'm taking a chance on deciding to part with three players to get Bale to the Nou Camp, but it's not every day he's gonna come available and I'd love to get him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

If it was up to me, it would be between the Barcelona & Chelsea offers.

Mata is still young (only 25) and any time he has played he has shown exactly why he's rated 993. With Lukaku, he got a rise of +1 in April when he was with West Brom, so why wouldn't he get another rise. Although, having said that, I'm not sure he's having a prolific a season as he did last year but he should still be pushed up to 90 pretty soon. The only drawback with the Chelsea offer is that your getting no cash to play with but that mightn't make any difference to you.

Whereas with the Barcelona offer, you're getting an older top class midfielder, and also a player which would hopefully turn out to be his replacement. And a young talanted winger who's playing extremely well at a "top" premier league side. Plus, you're getting cash to play around with aswell!!

Before I started writing this I was favouring the Chelsea bid but now I think I've nearly convinced myself that the Barca bid is marginally better than the Chelsea bid which is slightly better than the Bayern bid.

One thing I do know is that you've got one tough decision to make!!!! :D :P :)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Thinking about it, i would go for the Barca deal. Oddly enough i almost swapped Cavani for Lukaku and Mata not so long ago. I would rank the Bayern deal last but still worth considering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Aston Villa has made an undisclosed offer for Gareth BALE of Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm dying to know what this consists of. I'm guessing that Benteke will be a part of it anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's Benteke, Tiote and 20m.

Can't remember how to make it public at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

It's Benteke, Tiote and 20m.

Can't remember how to make it public at the moment :pac:

may as well just accept...no other offer comes close ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Last minute no hope bid for bale, for the craic.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Last minute no hope bid for bale, for the craic.

I'm tempted to make one of those myself..."for the craic"!!! :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

This bale kid any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This bale kid any good?

Hes a handy LB

To mark the end of the season I've decided to give the kids a run out tonight.

The oldest player in my first team will be 24 year old Lucas Orban and the youngest will be 17 year old Timo Werner.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hes a handy LB

Heard he might be going to brum for €3million, Redknapp doesn't fancy him, thinks he needs to mature a bit.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Heard he might be going to brum for €3million, Redknapp doesn't fancy him, thinks he needs to mature a bit.

http://www.fanatix.com/news/harry-redknapp-wanted-to-give-away-tottenham-superstar-gareth-bale-says-ex-sky-sports-presenter/123141/

Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

David James steered SSC Napoli to victory against Sunderland.
    SSC Napoli outclassed Sunderland and beat them 4 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Insigne scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Cavani was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another treble for Cavani! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr earned a draw with Beşiktaş JK against Juventus.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Beşiktaş JK and Juventus in their Friendly fixture.
    Ba was on the scoresheet for his side.

First result managing Beşiktaş JK :cool:
    A win tomorrow against managerless Bremen and I could be in the play-offs.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Matthew Scorr earned a draw with Beşiktaş JK against Juventus.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Beşiktaş JK and Juventus in their Friendly fixture.
    Ba was on the scoresheet for his side.

First result managing Beşiktaş JK :cool:
    A win tomorrow against managerless Bremen and I could be in the play-offs.
    Hope your happy with them

• Advertisement

Last friendly of the season ...

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to RSC Anderlecht.
    FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against RSC Anderlecht in their Friendly fixture.

Sure I'm only playing free scoring Dortmund in my last game of the season ( thank god I didnt need point to stay in D1 or anything)

Last friendly of the season and my youngsters lost to Schalke's first team 1-0.

Possession was 50:50, they had one more attempt than us but we had twice as many on target as them.

Couple of the older lads who I expected a lot better from had a bad game tonight but over all the team can walk away from that result with their heads held high.

Will give them a competitive match tomorrow with a few little changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Massive game for me with Kyiv tomorrow night to secure automatic promotion to the first division against Spartak Moska who are fighting to stay in the playoff positions and will need at least a draw and hope shalke do not beat relegated Wolfsburg by more the 3 goals.

It's going to be a tough fixture for Kyiv against Spartak, who Received my vote as manager of the season during the week. The reverse fixture ended 1-1, but Kyiv will be missing 3 star players for the final game of the season.

I need a win to guarantee promotion, or hope 4th place PSV can do me a favour away to 3rd place Valancia, who's manager takes charge and could secure automatic promotion into the too flight with a win in his first competitive fixture.:eek:

It's building up to be a massive night in division 2 which all comes down to the wire in the final game of the season.

I may have an ace up my sleeve ;) which I hope will help Kyiv secure promotion to the first division which was unthought of at the start of he season.

Best of luck everyone.

get a load of newcastle's offer for Bale!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    get a load of newcastle's offer for Bale!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

:D

Can't see it on the phone...

Do tell!

Can't see it on the phone...

Do tell!
    30,000,000 with Willian and Thiago :eek:

Spill