Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And the winner is!

exactly what I was thinking ....

actually think I wouldnt sell the 2 players for Bale ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Woah, Newcastle storm out in front with a ridiculous offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

It has been wrecking my head over the Christmas if I should put in the bid or not and I just said I would throw it in and see what people thought

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm, interesting. Not the initial reaction I gave Newcastle when he mentioned the players earlier :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I think this is going to go on longer then the transfer of Ronaldo to Madrid :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

dont think i will increase my offer to be honest i was thinking of offering a modric+di maria or a ramos+di maria i have so many offers i could offer but i am weakining my team in doing so for one 94 rated player so i officialy drop out of the running for that reason

Important Announcement for all Division 2, 3 and 4 managers.

AC Milan are available.

118m in the bank and players like De Jong, Kompany, Balotelli, Boateng and others.

Great project for the right man.

So at the end of the day, things stand as follows.

Bayern - 10.0M + Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER + Mario GÓMEZ.
    Chelsea - 0k + Juan MATA + Romelu LUKAKU.
    Barcelona - 19.4m + Xavi + Mkhitaryan + Deulofeu (with Djurdjevic heading to Barca as well).
    Aston Villa - 13.0M + Christian BENTEKE + Cheick TIOTÉ
    Manchester United - 26.0M + Nemanja VIDIĆ + Luís NANI.
    SL Benfica - 18.0M + Ola JOHN + Eduardo SALVIO.
    Sunderland - 10.0M + Giuseppe ROSSI + Federico BALZARETTI.
    Newcastle United - 30.0M + Borges WILLIAN + Alcántara THIAGO.

As mentioned above, I initially dismissed Newcastle's bid. But the strong positive reactions in the topic certainly have me curious as to why people think it's the best offer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

id love to give a big team a shot but i wouldn't be able to leave MY team to manage someone else's team.
    id probably stop playing the game soon after regardless if that team was winning or losing. Its not the team that I built!

Barcelona - 19.4m + Xavi + Mkhitaryan + Deulofeu (with Djurdjevic heading to Barca as well).

As mentioned above, I initially dismissed Newcastle's bid. But the strong positive reactions in the topic certainly have me curious as to why people think it's the best offer...

Did you not watch match of the day's highlights of the Chelsea game??? Mata is finished, Willian is the real deal;)

And even Barca fans will tell you they were stupid to sell Thiago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

mackeire wrote: »
    id love to give a big team a shot but i wouldn't be able to leave MY team to manage someone else's team.
    id probably stop playing the game soon after regardless if that team was winning or losing. Its not the team that I built!

I feel the exact same.

I also wouldn't be able to leave my love affair with Junior Hoilett!! :D:D:D!!

Although, Lazio does tempt me if Tupac does get the Milan job. I don't know why though, it just does! :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Did you not watch match of the day's highlights of the Chelsea game??? Mata is finished, Willian is the real deal;)

And even Barca fans will tell you they were stupid to sell Thiago

Is everyone using £100 notes as toilet paper at St James Park or what?

In fairness though, having Bale and Neymar at the same club certainly rivals Barcelona having "Messialdo".

Wilberto wrote: »
    Is everyone using £100 notes as toilet paper at St James Park or what?

In fairness though, having Bale and Neymar at the same club certainly rivals Barcelona having "Messialdo".

Would it be wrong to admit I fear giving Barca Bale as well, creating "Baessialdo" :p

Though our other option is "Balmar"..." Neyle" I'm not good at this...

It's the best offer because Willian WILL get a rise before the end of this season (real life) and Thiago is one of the best young players in the world.

You said you wanted a good young player in the deal, if that's true, it's the best offer so far.

Would it be wrong to admit I fear giving Barca Bale as well, creating "Baessialdo" :p

if you are worried about all these nicknames I'll stick in an arbitrary bid and you can send him my way ;)

Sure if you sell to Barca and they stay up it will make people lose interest in division one as they couldn't mess it up with Ronaldo, Messi and Bale:D

Keep things interesting anyway;)

If he goes to Barca : - Balessialdo.

If he goes to Newcastle : - Balmar

"Balmar" is probably the best out there for those two. I like "Balessialdo" though!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I feel the exact same.

I also wouldn't be able to leave my love affair with Junior Hoilett!! :D:D:D!!

Although, Lazio does tempt me if Tupac does get the Milan job. I don't know why though, it just does! :):)

i sold him to ya
    he was my bitch first :cool:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    if you are worried about all these nicknames I'll stick in an arbitrary bid and you can send him my way ;)

popped in a bid, you will see I went with youth, experience and some money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It would be mental to let Bale go if you don't get at least an older higher rated player and a young guaranteed star.

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    popped in a bid, you will see I went with youth, experience and some money
    It would be mental to let Bale go if you don't get at least an older higher rated player and a young guaranteed star.

exactly ... thats why i offered giggs and mlapa :D

Hey lads.

As some of you know, at Benfica I have some ridiculously good prospects.

Timo Werner 17 year old German who is tearing up the Bundesliga with Stuttgart
    Ola John 21 year old Dutch Senior International who is playing out of his skin at Benfica
    Harry Wilson 16 years old, youngest EVER welsh senior international, rated a real talent by Liverpool fans.
    Youri Tielemans 16 year old belgian and played almost every game this season for Anderlect
    Gabriel Barbosa 17 year old Brazilian and the latest wonderkid to come from the never ending Santos conveyor belt of talent.
    Zakaria Bakkali 17 year old Belgian at PSV proving to be one of the hottest prospects in Europe.
    Rodrigo Moreno 22 year old Spaniard at Benfica making a name for himself with his creativity and eye for goal.
    Wahbi Khazri 22 year old Tunisian at Bastia whos set piece delivery, pace and close control mark him as a superb talent
    Christian Clemens 22 year old German at Schalke who's pace and skill have been terrorising defenders in The Bundesliga and Europa League this season.

And others. Superb young players from 16 to 22 and all with potential to be world class.

I am in the market for a 90+ striker and AMC, am willing to do deals invloving any of the above players + cash to get the men I need.

people concentrate too much on young players in my opinion all very well in 4+ years time but will we still be playing it then?
    11 40 year old 95 players will beat 11 22 year old 90 players and thats the truth to it.

Well thank God for that!! At least the Bale transfer saga should be over. I mean, how the hell can anyone beat Porto's bid??

It makes TSC's decision a whole lot easier now anyway!

people concentrate too much on young players in my opinion all very well in 4+ years time but will we still be playing it then?
    11 40 year old 95 players will beat 11 22 year old 90 players and thats the truth to it.

Some teams have more 90 rater players than they can play at once, and are looking to get young players to use as rotation/backup instead of having to rotate to keep people happy.

Theodor GEBRE SELASSIE has completed his move to Estudiantes from Vitesse for 1,500,000 plus Dan BURN and Henrique WALTER . All other offers were turned down.

Still somewhat strengthening my defence to allow me to revert to my more favoured formation.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Some teams have more 90 rater players than they can play at once, and are looking to get young players to use as rotation/backup instead of having to rotate to keep people happy.

i understand this completley my point was some managers having a huge obsession with youth players while id be more inclined for older players with more impact now than in years down the line as i dont know how much longer i will be playing soccermanager

i understand this completley my point was some managers having a huge obsession with youth players while id be more inclined for older players with more impact now than in years down the line as i dont know how much longer i will be playing soccermanager

I agree in part but disagree over all with that.

Well thank God for that!! At least the Bale transfer saga should be over. I mean, how the hell can anyone beat Porto's bid??

It makes TSC's decision a whole lot easier now anyway!

I agree. He may as well accept that offer from Porto before Gt comes to his senses and withdraws it

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    I agree in part but disagree over all with that.

just agree im division 1 champion :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement