Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys, its giggs! How can that be beaten? I actually was going to offer a straight swap but saw everyone is offering 2 player so i threw in mlapa too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rejecting some bids for Bale this morning so people know where they stand. Sending messages round to people explaining why.

Cant believe you dismissed my Giggs offer out of hand like that :p

Well I do need an ageing player/coach :P

Anyway, I've now rejected all but Newcastle and Barcelona's bids.

That's not to say others don't still have a chance to get one final bid in if they want. Just that with the bids on offer, those two are the ones that stood above the others for various reasons, most of which I've explained to the people who made the rejected bids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

How do I apply for AC Milan??

• Advertisement

stick your name on the other thread, it goes by manager rating so ....I think you might be way behind the other candidates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Rejecting some bids for Bale this morning so people know where they stand. Sending messages round to people explaining why.

You never sent me a message explaing why you rejected my offer!

Managerless AC Milan trying to get Honda off me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

FC Nürnberg have made an offer to Juventus for Timothy CHANDLER of 5,254,500.

anyone wanna beat this....?

i'll be accepting it after tonight game so think fast. a nice profit buy for someone in D2/3/4 perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

So what can happen tonight?

Division 1:

Real Madrid are already crowned deserved champions of the division, but they can do their bit in relegating their biggest rivals in the game, Barcelona, by beating them.

A draw should be enough to see Juventus finish as runners up, with last seasons champions Dortmund the only other team who can take that away from them.

Down the bottom we have seen the number of English representatives take a hit with WBA and Everton already relegated.

If Barcelona manage to upset the trophy presentation party by beating Real then another English team in Arsenal could very well make it 3 English teams dropping down.

Milan are currently looking for a new manager while wondering if they could be the team who completes the trio of relegated clubs from the top division.

Champions: Real Madrid
    Runners Up: Juventus/Dortmund
    Relegated: Everton, West Brom, Barcelona/Arsenal/AC Milan.

Game of the Day - Real Madrid v Barcelona

Division 2:

Chelsea have never looked like doing anything other than winning Division 2, something they have already achieved easily. They will top the number of English clubs in Division 1 back up a bit next season.

Dynamo Kiev currently sit in the runners up spot, with Valencia the only team who can stop them achieving automatic promotion and avoid the dreaded play offs.

In terms of the play off zone Spartak Moskva are the only team currently sitting in it that can miss out on them, with Schalke being the only team that can replace them.

Schalke travel to already relegated Wolfsburg, while Spartak travel to Dynamo Kiev who as already mentioned need the win just as much.

Wolfsburg, Fenerbache and Udinese have already been consigned to relegation so there is nothing but pride being played for at the foot of the table.

Champions: Chelsea
    Automatic Promotion: Dynamo Kiev/Valencia
    Play Offs: Dynamo Kiev/Valencia/PSV/Roma/Spartak Moskva/Schalke
    Relegated: Wolfsburg, Fenerbache, Udinese

Game of the Day - Dynamo Kiev v Spartak Moskva

Division 3:

Having finished as runners up in Division 4 last season AZ have made it back to back promotions by already secured at least an automatic promotion spot.

Anzhi currently sit in the automatic promotion spot, with a similar situation to Division 2 seeing Hamburger being the only other club who can take that from them.

Hamburger themselves are another Division 4 success story having being promoted as play off winners last season, they will however prefer to avoid that route this season to Division 2.

In terms of the play off zone Sevilla and Shanghai Shenhua can lose out to teams currently below them. Velez Sarsfield, Stuttgart or Besiktas could secure a play off spot in their final match. US Palermo are the only team guaranteed a play off spot one way or the other.

Werder Bremen
    are the only team to have already been relegated. Above them sit LA Galaxy and Gremio who will both have high hopes of overtaking FC Twente who are the only other team in the mix.

The best bit about it being LA Galaxy host FC Twente, the winner will stay up, if it is a Draw it should be enough to see Twente survive. If LA win, Gremio will need a win by a big margin to survive.

Champions: AZ
    Automatic Promotion: Anzhi/Hamburger
    Play Offs:Anzhi/Hamburger/US Palermo/Sevilla/Shanghai Shenhua/Velez Sarsfield/Stuttgart/Besiktas.
    Relegated: Werder Bremen LA Galaxy/Gremio/FC Twente

Game of the Day - LA Galaxy v FC Twente

Division 4:

Sporting Lisbon have already secured their promotion, winning the title in much the same fashion as Chelsea did Divison 2.

Palmeiras currently sit in the other automatic spot and again only one team can deny them of finishing there, Galatasaray. The Galatasaray manager is currently deep in negotiations with the AC Milan hierarchy and there are doubts he will be in Turkey for the game.

His move may be quickly forgiven by fans if their team can secure Turkish delight with an automatic promotion spot.

There are a number of teams who can still make the play offs. Palmeiras and Galatasaray are guaranteed a play off spot should they lose out on the runners up spot. Other than that it will be another 3 from Auxerre, Boca Juniors,Espanyol, Malaga, Anderlecht, Celtic, Rangers and I am not going to rule out Flamengo because it is that tight.

No relegation obviously, but Standard Liege, Bordeaux and Braga will all be hoping not the have the Gameworlds wooden spoon come the end of the night.

Champions: Sporting CP
    Automatic Promotion: Palmeiras/Galatasaray
    Play Offs:Palmeiras/Galatasaray/Auxerre/Boca Juniors/Espanyol/Malaga/Anderlecht/Celtic/Rangers/Flamengo
    Wooden Spoon: Standard Liege/Bordeaux/Braga

Game of the Day - Auxerre v Palmeiras

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Great post

Brilliant post. I know I'm bad not keeping a full eye on anything other than my own division but posts like that would generate a lot more interest imo.

Anyway, coming close to deadline for Bale now. Down to Barcelona and Newcastle. Would appreciate any final thoughts before I make my final decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

swoody wrote: »
    FC Nürnberg have made an offer to Juventus for Timothy CHANDLER of 5,254,500.

anyone wanna beat this....?

i'll be accepting it after tonight game so think fast. a nice profit buy for someone in D2/3/4 perhaps

No but I'd take Sorg for a similar price :pac:

Pretty please :) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Are messages on SM not working very well? Teams keep popping up but I'm unable to open them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

working for me, but you aren't replying, ya hoor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

TheGunns wrote: »
    Are messages on SM not working very well? Teams keep popping up but I'm unable to open them

Chats?
    Or messages?

The chat system is horrible - Cant rely on it imo.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Chats?
    Or messages?

The chat system is horrible - Cant rely on it imo.

Chats yeah

Send me a message on here if someone needs to :)

Right. With not long to go, I think I've contacted everyone but the Barcelona manager, and that's cause I have him as the current leader.

I know some people were very strong with their opinions of Newcastle's offer, and I've been back and forth since it was made. But my initial reaction, before it was public knowledge, was that the Barcelona option strengthens my team more, certainly in the short term.

Xavi (96) and Mkhitaryan (91) will come straight into my midfield and improve it drastically. I've also already agreed a deal for a direct replacement for Bale, with whom Willian would clash with. Meanwhile, Deulofeu gives me the possibility of a long term back up striker. Looking at the line up that will hopefully be in place after tonight, I feel like I am quite happy with the team for next season already.

It's not to say bidding is closed. Just that after much thought, I feel as if Barcelona bid offers the best improvement to my team, certainly in the short term and medium term. If people want to one last whack at beating it, what I'd say is that the Barca bid gives me a star, a massive riser and a young player with bags of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Chats yeah

Send me a message on here if someone needs to :)

Are you Ajax?

Are you Ajax?

I am indeed :)

Also, couple days back I rejected about 10 offers on Eriksen and just to let people know that the players on show were short of what I want/am looking for.

Feel I might have been a bit blunt :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Also, couple days back I rejected about 10 offers on Eriksen and just to let people know that the players on show were short of what I want/am looking for.
    Feel I might have been a bit blunt :o

I wouldn't worry. Not that I made an offer myself, but it's been mentioned several times already that managers prefer a blunt rejection of there offer rather than a stupidly ridiculous counter offer!!

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Game of the Day - Auxerre v Palmeiras

The pressure is on :eek:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What is the new Newcastle Bid?

Seaneh wrote: »
    What is the new Newcastle Bid?

Sorry, didn't mean to leave it undisclosed. It's the same bid as I genuinely feel it is a better offer and I think most people here would agree

It's obviously up to teamshadowclan but if Barca end up with Bale, Ronaldo and Messi we all may as well quit as we will be playing for 2nd

If barca got bale D2 is going to be fairly one sided next year :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    If barca got bale D2 is going to be fairly one sided next year :D

Even division one could be fairly one sided if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Badly need a LB + CB, have Bruma and cash for a trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Not long to go now......

Fingers well and truly crossed on two counts tonight.

1378853178811.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

....... with Bale, Ronaldo and Messi we......

It's "Balessialdo"!! :P :P :D

They are two seriously good offers though. Whichever one he chooses, I can see why he would have chose it!!

I'm surprised that the Chelsea one was almost just dismissed already though. I thought that would still be in with a shout also.

And for those who think Barcelona are going to run away with either D1 or D2 next season, just ask Rayne Wooney what my Cork City team did to his Barcelona team in PPPP's league. Having a lot of star players doesn't automatically hand you wins upon wins, especially where SM is concerned!!

• Advertisement

It's obviously up to teamshadowclan but if Barca end up with Bale, Ronaldo and Messi we all may as well quit as we will be playing for 2nd

I've outlined my thought process clearly a few times now, both publicly and privately. However even doing this, you've proceeded to put the exact same bid in 3 times now (once via PM, twice officially). It would be one thing if you had decided to try and up the offer a bit more or such, but you haven't. I'm not going to go into it again as to why I find the Barca deal more attractive.
    Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm surprised that the Chelsea one was almost just dismissed already though. I thought that would still be in with a shout also.

Yeah, that was a hard one to turn down. But the Chelsea manager told me he wasn't 100% sure of the bid and I didn't want to take a deal with him if he wasn't 100% happy with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement