Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

I've outlined my thought process clearly a few times now, both publicly and privately. However even doing this, you've proceeded to put the exact same bid in 3 times now (once via PM, twice officially). It would be one thing if you had decided to try and up the offer a bit more or such, but you haven't. I'm not going to go into it again as to why I find the Barca deal more attractive.

Yeah, that was a hard one to turn down. But the Chelsea manager told me he wasn't 100% sure of the bid and I didn't want to take a deal with him if he wasn't 100% happy with it.

Sorry, didn't mean to anger you. I replied to your pm today giving an explanation as to why I thought Barca's offer wasn't as good as you had said and hence the reason I put back in my offer in case you changed your mind. Sorry again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

If it was just as simple as putting the 11 best-rated players on the field, then I wouldn't be scrapping to avoid relegation.

Also, as regards me storming next season if I get Bale, please do remember that Xavi (96) will be removed from my team, as well as a nailed on riser in Mkhitaryan, and replaced with Bale (94)

Not as clear cut as some posters would make out to be fair.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    If it was just as simple as putting the 11 best-rated players on the field, then I wouldn't be scrapping to avoid relegation.

Also, as regards me storming next season if I get Bale, please do remember that Xavi (96) will be removed from my team, as well as a nailed on riser in Mkhitaryan, and replaced with Bale (94)

Not as clear cut as some posters would make out to be fair.

Sorry, that was more tongue in cheek, a little bit of mind games:D

Congrats on the signing and best of luck with him, same goes to Teamshadowclan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sorry, didn't mean to anger you. I replied to your pm today giving an explanation as to why I thought Barca's offer wasn't as good as you had said and hence the reason I put back in my offer in case you changed your mind. Sorry again

It wasn't a case of being angered. More replying here before seeing the message. But anyway....

...in the end, no offers were good enough, so I've decided not to sell him.

:pac:

C'mon ta feck SM with the games!!!!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Barca are down :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sir Bobby Robson earned a draw with FC Porto against Borussia Dortmund.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between FC Porto and Borussia Dortmund in their Division 1 fixture.
    Tello and Giuliano were amongst the goalscorers.

One to keep the home fans happy :D

Slump to a loss.

Final position: 11th. Jesus. Hoped to at least get round the 6th from last year.

Rebuilding starts now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

My youngsters gave a full strength Portsmouth team a great game tonight and win a hard fought draw.

Timo Werner was out stand out and played the loan striker role brilliantly.

Lovely evenings football to end the season at Benfica.

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against Paris Saint-Germain.
    Newcastle United outclassed Paris Saint-Germain and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Willian scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Toulalan and Di Natale were also amongst the goalscorers.

Great finish to the season and a top half finish, delighted with that and hopefully I can build on that next season

• Advertisement

And Barca are relegated!

Barca are down :eek:

Sorry barca but thank feck I aint facing Romele or baromess or mesbaro or what ever they are calling themselves next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Real madrid earned a draw against rivals barcelona

Means barca go down which is a shame as bale messi and ronaldo will be in division 2 next year so 3 best players in game world arguably are not in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

14 shots, no goals. To add insult to injury AZ lost meaning a single goal would have won the league.

Story of my season.

Congrats to AZ & Hamburger on promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Iago wrote: »
    14 shots, no goals. To add insult to injury AZ lost meaning a single goal would have won the league.

Story of my season.

Congrats to AZ & Hamburger on promotion

Which means they are both going up for the second season running, fine achievement for them.

And i had to rush back and edit my earlier post as I had AZ as champions, when i meant they had secured automatic promotion. Still they got it anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Johnny O'Malley steered Sevilla to victory against AZ.
    Sevilla beat AZ 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Negredo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Reyes and Carroll were also amongst the goalscorers.

I went from not having time to play and quitting (was so busy I didn't have time to actually quit :o ) to having the time now to seriously look at the team and do tactics. Just won my last 5 games (Palermo and AZ included in that) to make playoffs. Wish I'd got around to it sooner but happy to be in the playoffs now and free to try and win them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

After many reports of the fans doubting his appointment after the previous manager did so well, they now sing his name and have anointed him the Hamburgler.

James Mcconville steered Hamburg to victory against Stuttgart.
    Hamburg beat Stuttgart 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Tévez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Natcho was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Hefferboi steered Vélez Sársfield to victory against Grêmio.
    Vélez Sársfield beat Grêmio 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Castro scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Portillo and Domínguez were also amongst the goalscorers.

2 wins from 2 for me and I get the last play off spot :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Got unusually hammered in that game, but having the beast that is Negredo upfront for Sevilla surely helped.

But happy to get the title with a relatively small squad and tiny income from tickets. The lads ruined my new chinos and snake skin shoes after dousing me in champers at the final whistle.

Going to be interesting coming up against barca next season!!

Anyone know how much dosh you get for winning a division title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I'll accept the bid's for players in the morning.....Couldn't be arsed going through it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Ended the season with a draw at Everton, finished a couple of places higher then last season so all in all a good season. My youngsters are all starting to rise in the ratings aswell so hopefully ill be a bit more competitive next season.

With the Bale Saga Completed, turn your attention to the Dzeko Sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Dynamo kiev 1-2 SPARTAK MOSKVA

Made the playoffs by finishing 5th. If I had of lost I could have missed out on the playoffs.

Still on for back to back promotions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did I finish second or third? Congrades too all winners and promoted teams!

So I'm down....
    Balls.

And as it turns out, even winning the game tonight wouldn't have been enough for me to stay up. :(

____

On the other hand, I do seem to have signed Bale.
    Still relegated though, which is a bitch. No excuses now for next year, and I'm looking forward to coming up against AZ!

Congrats to all the league winners and those promoted!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Did I finish second or third? Congrades too all winners and promoted teams!

Third.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    In the spirit of the Bale auction and Juve's superstitious clear-out ....

The News wires are heating up tonight, there are rumors abound the Edin Dzeko has decided to leave FCP...

Within hours of the news reaching the footballing world, word came from the Porto Manager

In all seriousness, Dzeko is up for grabs, any offer NEEDS to include a young* 89/90+ rated striker(and what/who ever else you consider nessecary to make the offer attractive, I'm moving on my main striker, he needs to be replaced!

I'll give it 5-6days before making a decision on where his future lies.

* NOT ASHLEY YOUNG!:D
    **Any sources qouted may not be the actual sources for the quotes in question ;)

Put in a bid that includes an 88 rated forward/am who can play in just about every attacking position, a substantial sum of cash AND the stand out teenage player in Europe this season.

So.....
    Dzeko?

;)

___

Right so lads, I've a European Cup Final to play next Tuesday so I'll not be considering any offers for any players until after that date.
    Thx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Feck lads I barely beat Palmeiras! Ended 1-0 with Isaksson having an unbelievable MOTM performance! :D

Seems I got dominated in midfield PGDqJv9.png

3 shots on target with a goal from my captain Hugo Viana

Sees me in 4th with Palmeiras knocked out of the promotion spot into the play offs!

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    So.....
    Dzeko?

;)

___

Right so lads, I've a European Cup Final to play next Tuesday so I'll not be considering any offers for any players until after that date.
    Thx.

Pity Bale is cuptied!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement