Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ok, so Dzeko ... I've accepted a Bid.

There was a strong deal on the table from Aston Villa, Benfica, Anzhi and Arsenal ...

Villa deal would have meant 2 players moving from FCP in return for 2 villa players and money
    Benfica deal had 2 senior players moving to FCP in exchange for Dzeko with a side deal of 2 belgian youngsters to FCP at cost price ( and we all know by know I like by Belgians ;))
    Arsenal had a senior player a youth and a couple of million in exchange for Dzeko
    Anzhi deal started as callejon and a youth with money, but morphed into Callejon and mccarthy with a side move of Janazaj (+ cash if chairman requires) it for my Santos.

To be honest it is Janazaj and the fact that villa were willing to do a deal on Benteke that swung the transfer, with Benteke coming in it isnt 100% necessary for a FC to be part of a deal ...

Regards
    FCP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Devestated to miss Januzaj again. Had been in contact with the Anzhi manager about him so am sad to miss him. Going to rise very, very quickly. Grats on getting him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Devestated to miss Januzaj again. Had been in contact with the Anzhi manager about him so am sad to miss him. Going to rise very, very quickly. Grats on getting him :(

Aye, sorry about that. Once it became clear that I needed leverage in the Dzeko deal there was only one option open to me. I feel I'm getting good value overall in the deal and while Januzaj is undoubtedly going to be a superstar it will probably be the season after next before that's fully realised in SM.

I need results a lot quicker than that!

To be honest, dzeko wasnt moving to Anhzi without Januzaj moving to Porto

Iago wrote: »
    Aye, sorry about that. Once it became clear that I needed leverage in the Dzeko deal there was only one option open to me. I feel I'm getting good value overall in the deal and while Januzaj is undoubtedly going to be a superstar it will probably be the season after next before that's fully realised in SM.

I need results a lot quicker than that!

Nah, it's a great deal for you, and better than anything I'd likely have been able to offer. Grats to both parties. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Anzhi deal started as callejon and a youth with money, but morphed into Callejon and mccarthy with a side move of Janazaj (+ cash if chairman requires) it for my Santos.

So Dzeko & Santos for Callejon, McCarthy, Januzaj, and cash.

I can't see a lot wrong with that one in truth. I think, maybe, I'd prefer to be on GT's end of the deal but there's really not much in it. A solid deal for both IMO.

Btw, Juvi...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3JoNByXEZ3AOiLY2a8pjq_ttH2l5-eUJmH761YM5V3ocvVCSpyw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Btw, Juvi...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3JoNByXEZ3AOiLY2a8pjq_ttH2l5-eUJmH761YM5V3ocvVCSpyw

walker + Lloris and i might consider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »

Did you get my pm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

WTF is santos?

Looked through portos team can haven't a notion who're you lot are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Gotta run out the door to work!

Hopefully we have another 'fire sale' like last night, was great crack!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Never mind, your man on loan.

Seaneh wrote: »
    WTF is santos?

Looked through portos team can haven't a notion who're you lot are talking about.

fred santos in my loanees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lamela is set to available

*goes to put bid in*

"The most you can offer (44,621,000) is less than the minimum amount the club will sell the player for (60,000,000)"

No thank you

*goes to put bid in*

"The most you can offer (44,621,000) is less than the minimum amount the club will sell the player for (60,000,000)"

just when price seemed to get more realistic :rolleyes:

Gotta run out the door to work!

Hopefully we have another 'fire sale' like last night, was great crack!!!

Turn 38 of season 2 could gain cult status if last night was anything to go by!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Just incase anyone missed it this morning I am raffling off sahin randomly on monday night but its only for division 3 and division 4 managers to give them a chance at having a top player on their teams. Put in an offer for 10.85m cash to be in draw if your in div 3 and 4.

I know its not a smart move by me as he is a good bargaining tool in part exchange deals but hes rotting on my bench and its nice to be nice:)

Also im not planning on bringing anyone new in for next season as I want to try and retain my title with the same team so no players will be going in and out of madrid in forseeable future so there is no need to message me thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

*goes to put bid in*

No thank you

PSG are just as bad...... some people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

PSG are just as bad...... some people :rolleyes:

Have never had any dealings with PSG, what is it unreasonable prices?

Would you like my head with that arm and a leg? :P

• Advertisement

guys,

looking for one more addition, need an AMC 90 or better, 25yr or less, have cash and a 23yr 89(Victor GIULIANO) to p/x

come talk to me on SM.

thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Just incase anyone missed it this morning I am raffling off sahin randomly on monday night but its only for division 3 and division 4 managers to give them a chance at having a top player on their teams. Put in an offer for 10.85m cash to be in draw if your in div 3 and 4.

I know its not a smart move by me as he is a good bargaining tool in part exchange deals but hes rotting on my bench and its nice to be nice:)

Also im not planning on bringing anyone new in for next season as I want to try and retain my title with the same team so no players will be going in and out of madrid in forseeable future so there is no need to message me thanks.

Cool mate I'll put in a bid tomorrow night if that's ok.

FC Basel in Div 4

There's the idea out there that cash doesn't matter. And while I agree with the idea it's difficult to use it on it's own, it's quickly become obvious that a lot of managers still want some with their p/e, and that X amount of cash + player is often more attractive than X-Y amount of cash + player.

Hernandez would be available if people have another young 90ish striker they want to do a deal for. As usual, I can put cash or a squad player with him for a good player too, but would like to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Have never had any dealings with PSG, what is it unreasonable prices?

Sold me Lucas for 30 odd million during season 1. Only dealings i had with him. Seemed a decent enough lad to deal with. Unless they have changed manager since??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Sold me Lucas for 30 odd million during season 1. Only dealings i had with him. Seemed a decent enough lad to deal with. Unless they have changed manager since??

Im guessing its the fact the all/most of his players have ridiculous minimum bid prices on them

Continuing with the trend of selling players I have decided to sell one of Ben Arfa, Yarmolenko and Dzagoev

If anyone is interested in any of the above feel free to fire in a bid or send me a pm

I will only be considering part exchange as I need to improve other areas of my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Listening to offers for Remy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Continuing with the trend of selling players I have decided to sell one of Ben Arfa, Yarmolenko and Dzagoev

If anyone is interested in any of the above feel free to fire in a bid or send me a pm

I will only be considering part exchange as I need to improve other areas of my team

An what parts of your team are you looking to improve?

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    An what parts of your team are you looking to improve?

All over really, trying a bit of a rejig of my squad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement