Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Fcuk I didn't realise. I'd edit it out but its quoted so no point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I've withdrawn my offer for him so one less at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

hefferboi wrote: »
    I've withdrawn my offer for him so one less at least.

Ah don't man! Sure you didn't know!!!!

Danger781 wrote: »
    I dont see a charter anywhere.. :confused:

There was talk of one being drawn up, but never really occured :rolleyes:

Its something that needs to be done really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I was interested but not going to over-pay :rolleyes:

i was gunna bid earlier today but saw a mad rush, then i saw your bid and was like fcuk this $hit i'm out! :eek:

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    i was guna bid then there was a mad rush, then i saw your bid and was like fcuk this $hit i'm out! :eek:

Yeah he's a promising player to be fair, but don't wanna blow a lot of the budget when I should really be looking in other areas...

I'm 100% out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Yeah he's a promising player to be fair, but don't wanna blow a lot of the budget when I should really be looking in other areas...

I'm 100% out

yeah i signed Papy DJILOBODJI from FC Nantes for f all and no competetion. he's rumoured to be heading to chelsea as essiens replacment, so fingers crossed my gamble pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

PORTO!!!! 4.1million :eek: thats blown me right out of the water!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

PORTO!!!! 4.1million :eek: thats blown me right out of the water!!!

Ssssh! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ssssh! ;)

I'd say your safe enough!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What are peoples opinions on Gold membership?

Worth it? For the sake of €15 I'm tempted to just buy a years membership :p Even though I am still quite new to the game..

Well worth it!

I dont see a charter anywhere.. :confused:

Was never drawn up. Yakult was ment too draw it up and I PM'd him with a lot of different ideas and suggestions (one being NO mention of players at external clubs whilst there's bids in) but the charter never materialized

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was never drawn up. Yakult was ment too draw it up and I PM'd him with a lot of different ideas and suggestions (one being NO mention of players at external clubs whilst there's bids in) but the charter never materialized

Mac, could you draw up the few pointers and rather than having a seperate Charter, just have them in post 1 here ( and carry that post through to each new 'main' boards.ie league thread?)

Just an idea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got 30m or/and Hernadez (who despite form is still 91) for a 90+ striker who is under 30 :)

Really? I thought after the war of words that occurred it was to be written in? Well I think it should be written in as it will only cause hardship & TBF I think the main point about it was that it its totally unfair on those who do the scouting to see others just swan in because of a drop of a name,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Got 30m or/and Hernadez (who despite form is still 91) for a 90+ striker who is under 30 :)

I was looking before ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm looking for a top class central midfielder lads - anyone interested in doing a deal?

Really? I thought after the war of words that occurred it was to be written in? Well I think it should be written in as it will only cause hardship & TBF I think the main point about it was that it its totally unfair on those who do the scouting to see others just swan in because of a drop of a name,
    Well do you want too write one and I'll read it over before oking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'm looking for a top class central midfielder lads - anyone interested in doing a deal?

Depends what the deal is..

Bayern

Well do you want too write one and I'll read it over before oking?

Just that part of the charter yeah? No prob, I'll PM you later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lads any suggestion why my offer for Gary Cahill collapsed, I had enough money to cover and my offer was better than the one accepted.

I must be cursed don't think I'll get the other player either.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Lads any suggestion why my offer for Gary Cahill collapsed, I had enough money to cover and my offer was better than the one accepted.

I must be cursed don't think I'll get the other player either.

Cause he accepted another offer mate :(

I know, I was gutted myself!

Depends what the deal is..

Bayern

Ah sure we might be able to thrash out something that we're both happy with. PM over on SM for ya.

Cheers, Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This doesn't really need a charter, just put it in the first post that you're not allowed mention bids for a player who has just come available.

It's a fair thing to ask, someone could be watching a player for months waiting for him to come available then someone mentions it here and there's 15 bids in after a day.

This doesn't really need a charter, just put it in the first post that you're not allowed mention bids for a player who has just come available.

It's a fair thing to ask, someone could be watching a player for months waiting for him to come available then someone mentions it here and there's 15 bids in after a day.

Maybe start a new thread with a few forum-specific rules and have it stickied. Not sure if all new players are going to read the first post???
    We all know the no abuse, no acting the dick, no spam etc etc etc....

But the problem with that is, new managers won't bother to check the first post if they don't know there is a charter there, at least with the charter we can say, well you should be checking the charter & knowing the rules beforehand!!!!!!

Edit - Or a new thread or a sticky, I agree! As long as the info is there for newer managers!!!!!

Just to add - All new players could be welcomed and politely pointed towards the rules thread (Probably best for Mac to pm Yakult to have it locked (or opened and edited) as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is this about certain French player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A sticky with "***New managers - Please read***" and a few forum rules would be handy. It could also be used as a Q&A for new managers who are learning the ropes? Just an idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is this about certain French player.

What's his name?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement