Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

What's his name?

The one Porto is currently winning on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

A sticky with "***New managers - Please read***" and a few forum rules would be handy. It could also be used as a Q&A for new managers who are learning the ropes? Just an idea

Yeah I think a sticky would be the way alright.... Mac asked me to draw up the charter for review before publication, I'd be willing to write something up for Mac to review before making a sticky...

Unless someone else wants to do it? If not then let me know what needs to be in it, such as...

General conduct - Language & respect for other managers
    Naming external players
    Naming newly added players

Anything else?

Mac will be reviewing it and altering it as required so don't worry I'm not dictating or anything! Just offering a hand :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The first rule of soccermanager is, don't talk about soccermanager. The second rule is there are no rules. The third is don't be a díck and name newly available players who are being bid for. The fourth rule is Rayne Wooney is the greatest

The first rule of soccermanager is, don't talk about soccermanager. The second rule is there are no rules. The third is don't be a díck and name newly available players who are being bid for. The fourth rule is Rayne Wooney is the greatest

You just saved me a whole load of time :D:D

Seriously though, are there any other issues that need to be made known to new managers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Don't mention new players to database?

Edit - tupac already mentioned that.

Maybe point out that the SMFA monitoring is only turned off on a trial basis for one season.

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Don't mention new players to database?

Edit - tupac already mentioned that.

Maybe point out that the SMFA monitoring is only turned off on a trial basis for one season.

Forgot that!

I also put in about responding to bids/P.M. in a timely fashion... That can be fairly annoying ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Forgot that!

I also put in about responding to bids/P.M. in a timely fashion... That can be fairly annoying ;)

:) - I'm the worst in the game world I'd say haha...

Might be a good idea to stick in the contact list that PBJ done up too perhaps?

Al Capwned wrote: »
    :) - I'm the worst in the game world I'd say haha...

Might be a good idea to stick in the contact list that PBJ done up too perhaps?

Your not ;) Someone else has that title!!!

Where is the contact list??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

add a line that cash is a useful tool and needs to be accepted where ever possible ;)

Post 7046

• Advertisement

Post 7046

I made a note of that, thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I made a note of that, thanks!!

There's a thread now with all the boards contacts lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Click here to view the view the fruits of my groins I mean labour while tending to the sensation in my groins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

fair play PSV....... finally bought a free agent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

swoody wrote: »
    fair play PSV....... finally bought a free agent!

Who'd he get?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Who'd he get?

Nabil Bentaleb :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Going out on loan, a couple already snapped up

GONCALO, Santos Photo GONCALO, Santos D,DM(C) 27 83
    1.4M

VAGNER, Silva Photo VAGNER, Silva GK 27 84
    1.7M

CONTENTO, Diego Photo CONTENTO, Diego D,DM,M(L) 23 85
    2.7M

CICINHO, Gusmão Photo CICINHO, Gusmão D,DM,M(R) 25 85
    2.1M

LICÁ, Carneiro Photo LICÁ, Carneiro AM(RLC),F(RL) 25 86
    2.8M

CAN, Emre Photo CAN, Emre D(L),DM,M(LC) 19 86
    4.8M - Vélez Sársfield

ICARDI, Mauro Photo ICARDI, Mauro F(C) 20 86
    4.9M

KIRCHHOFF, Jan Photo KIRCHHOFF, Jan D,DM(C) 23 87
    4.0M - Sunderland
    LBd

MAICON, Marques Photo MAICON, Marques AM(RL),F(RLC) 23 87
    4.2M - RSC Anderlecht

cant believe that bidding war for the german kid is still going on.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

JamboMac wrote: »
    Lads any suggestion why my offer for Gary Cahill collapsed, I had enough money to cover and my offer was better than the one accepted.

I must be cursed don't think I'll get the other player either.

There is a deal in place with Kyiv. I had him marked as unavailable, with no real wish to sell, but the Kyiv manager made me what I feel was an excellent offer, I couldn't say no really. The other offers came in after the deal was done unfortunately, in the interest of fairness after tough negotiations I wouldnt back out of the deal. Some very good offers lads so thanks, but I feel I've got a great deal for him.

Tupac I spoke to you on the chat at the weekend about him, and I would have listened to your offer no prob, but over the next two days that deal got done with Kyiv. So apologies my man!

A note to the Kyiv manager Tonic Wine! Top man, very good to deal with, very fair in negotiations and willing to be flexible. First type of deal like this since I started playing in August. All in all, delighted with how it went!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

When can we officially start loan bids for next season?
    cant believe that bidding war for the german kid is still going on.......

Lol I went to change My bid, now my chairman values him less.....

• Advertisement

Nabil Bentaleb :D

I'd like to use this as an example of someone not knowing who the hell a player is but bidding on him because his name popped up here.

There is a deal in place with Kyiv. I had him marked as unavailable, with no real wish to sell, but the Kyiv manager made me what I feel was an excellent offer, I couldn't say no really. The other offers came in after the deal was done unfortunately, in the interest of fairness after tough negotiations I wouldnt back out of the deal. Some very good offers lads so thanks, but I feel I've got a great deal for him.

Tupac I spoke to you on the chat at the weekend about him, and I would have listened to your offer no prob, but over the next two days that deal got done with Kyiv. So apologies my man!

A note to the Kyiv manager Tonic Wine! Top man, very good to deal with, very fair in negotiations and willing to be flexible. First type of deal like this since I started playing in August. All in all, delighted with how it went!

Ok understand need to learn how to do back alley deals and wasn't marked as unavailable when I threw in the first bid last night.

I'd like to use this as an example of someone not knowing who the hell a player is but bidding on him because his name popped up here.

cancel it so.....if your only bidding for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

cancel it so.....if your only bidding for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

I know who he is now though, that's the point ;)

No worries man!

Well cancel it!!!! He he!!!

Wonder who would have got him otherwise was waiting the last couple of weeks for him to appear and was the second bid on him, but this wasn't the first time I lost out on a player thanks to somebody producing a list of players and was an established manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't see how, seeing as he wasn't mentioned until after the bids were accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Id throw in a bid if I could spare the cash. Just sayin'.

When a name gets mentioned here like that I automatically go and check out said player.

• Advertisement

he's only sherwoods love child........nothing special!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement