Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

JamboMac wrote: »
    If I didn't have bad luck, I'd no luck at all.

Says he who got promoted on goal difference! Id happily swap my position for yours. I've a 1 in 15/20 chance of getting a 90 rated played to play in Div 3 next year, while you have a 100% chance of playing in Div 2 :)

Send me you luck if you're not happy with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Ultimately, cash is "useless" because managers decide it's useless. It's still asked for as part of p/e's for some reason, despite this uselessness, and there's plenty of managers who'll accept it for anyone below 90 despite it's uselessness.

Strikes me though it's not that people aren't willing to sell players. It's just a fear that cash is useless creating this vicious cycle of cash becoming more useless. If more people would start accepting cash deals for players they are open to selling, then cash wouldn't be so useless.

What he said;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Swoody: Did you get my pms???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I have 37million burning a hole in my pocket, who wants to give me a young 91+ rated striker for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

:eek::eek::eek:

WOW, is pms contagious now? what were ye doing that he was in a position to 'get your pms'?!?

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

if you get a hold of him, will you send him my way!! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seaneh wrote: »
    I have 37million burning a hole in my pocket, who wants to give me a young 91+ rated striker for it?

I have 38m. Sell to me :P

68m if I accept Villas offer. Anyone wanna give me a top striker for 68m? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Don't know if the chat is fecked or what but Besiktas, if your there pop back of to the chat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Ultimately, cash is "useless" because managers decide it's useless. It's still asked for as part of p/e's for some reason, despite this uselessness, and there's plenty of managers who'll accept it for anyone below 90 despite it's uselessness.

Strikes me though it's not that people aren't willing to sell players. It's just a fear that cash is useless creating this vicious cycle of cash becoming more useless. If more people would start accepting cash deals for players they are open to selling, then cash wouldn't be so useless.

My Spidey Sense is telling me someone has been to Poundland and got a job lot of words ... What's your point, caller?

If Im had a striker left to sell I would have ...

• Advertisement

bazarakus wrote: »
    My Spidey Sense is telling me someone has been to Poundland and got a job lot of words ... What's your point, caller?

I didn't really think I was too subtle in my point tbh :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'll give you Moussa Sow

You're getting a bargain though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Al Capwned wrote: »
    if you get a hold of him, will you send him my way!! :)

Tell him Rues is for sale he'll pop up there in 2 seconds!

Wow...

Finally!!! I'm done in the market!!!!!!

I've 3 deals agreed upon which cannot be done because of the 3 deals per season rule & transfer bans.....

I'm going to go through the transfers I've done since end of season, I think I may have improved my entire team and turned a minor profit????????

EDIT: I was just going though my deals & realised that there are still 5 outstanding transfers OUTSIDE of those 3 mentioned above!! Think I'll wait and do it all at once

Lahm offer.
    Counter offer.

I'd love Lahm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Lahm offer.
    Counter offer.

I'd love Lahm....

It's not gonna happen

I won't get into it but the original offer was way way WAY off the mark, my counter was in jest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Money is at a real catch 22 situation I feel in the Gameworld.

I'd have no problem taking all cash for a deal if I had a good player, because in turn, I could take that and spend it on a better player. But the problem is I now realistically need 90+ players to improve my squad, and as we have seen, most of them deals are p/x. So if I have a vault of money at the Galaxy, it's going to gather dust fairly quickly. If there was no such thing as p/x, then money would be flying from club to club and it would be worth a lot more. If TSC took 80/90m for Bale, he could have used that then to get a replacement, and in turn that club would buy a replacement. So on, so forth. But, with the p/x, he got his replacements, and that was that. End of the sequence before it started. Now, I'm not advocating for p/x to be turned off or anything, it's what some people want, and it can make it easier for clubs like me to save money while we don't have the 10's of millions to bring in the Lahm's or the Reus's. But if people used money more often, then the managers would get turns in a sense to splash the cash like I outlined above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Anyone with an 88 defender for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

I'm going to be resigning from Pompey so someone can take over and have a full season with them.

Finished 14th in Division 2 last season.

17 million left in the bank, was 30 million when I took over.

First team average was 84 when I came in with only one 89 player being my 'star' player

I've built a whole new team while only being €13 million worse off, with a 88 average, and have added three 89 (1 of whom rose from 88) players to the squad.

My star striker last season was Marco Ruben with 10 goals in 24 games. He was rated 87. Has since dropped to 86.

I've found it impossible to improve the squad further, €17 million would struggle to buy me one decent 90 player. If I searched and scrimped and wheel dealed I could maybe get two players aged 35+ rated 90 in for my entire budget. Most likely only to have them decline after a few months.

The final reason i'm leaving is the manager rating system is a bit of a joke in my opinion. For example I recently applied for the AC job, and saw my manager rankings was 58 out of the 80 teams. Yet my squad would probably be ranked somewhere between 75th and 80th, and I finished 34th out of 80 teams.

A few months ago I compared my squad to ever squad in the league and it was 79/80

Lazio also applied for the AC job and I though it was a good comparision/explanation for my views.

Lazio finished 10th in Division 3, but their squad has

1 player rated 92 (I know hes a new recruit)
    1 player rated 91
    6 players rated 90
    1 player rated 89

My squad has four 89 payers. Everyone else is 88 or lower

The lazio manager is ranked 32 overall while coming 10th in division 3, i'm ranked 58 while coming 14 in division 2 with a team a fraction as good.

With no possibility of getting a good team due to my low ranking, no possibility of improving my team and no desire to drop down to a lower team i'll be leaving this gameworld today.

Looking forward to joining Macs new league of lower division teams

*Not trying to have a go at the lazio manager, I think he's done great in the transfer market to get his squad where it is, only using the club as a comparision example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm going to be resigning from Pompey so someone can take over and have a full season with them.

First team average was 84 when I came in with only one 89 player being my 'star' player

I've built a whole new team while only being €13 million worse off, with a 88 average, and have added three 89 (1 of whom rose from 88) players to the squad.

My star striker last season was Marco Ruben with 10 goals in 24 games. He was rated 87. Has since dropped to 86.

I've found it impossible to improve the squad further, €17 million would struggle to buy me one decent 90 player. If I searched and scrimped and wheel dealed I could maybe get two players aged 35+ rated 90 in for my entire budget. Most likely only to have them decline after a few months.

The final reason i'm leaving is the manager rating system is a bit of a joke in my opinion. For example I recently applied for the AC job, and saw my manager rankings was 58 out of the 80 teams. Yet my squad would probably be ranked somewhere between 75th and 80th, and I finished 34th out of 80 teams.

A few months ago I compared my squad to ever squad in the league and it was 79/80

Lazio also applied for the AC job and I though it was a good comparision/explanation for my views.

1 player rated 91
    6 players rated 90
    1 player rated 89

The lazio manager is ranked 32 overall while coming 10th in division 3, i'm ranked 58 while coming 14 in division 2 with a team a fraction as good.

With no possibility of getting a good team due to my low ranking, no possibility of improving my team and no desire to drop down to a lower team i'll be leaving this gameworld today.

*Not trying to have a go at the lazio manager, I think he's done great in the transfer market to get his squad where it is, only using the club as a comparision example

Hold off until Tuesday at least, that way the squad won't be gutted once Mac turns off buying from unmanaged clubs.

• Advertisement

Iago wrote: »
    Hold off until Tuesday at least, that way the squad won't be gutted once Mac turns off buying from unmanaged clubs.

There's a 7 day wait anyway.

@Portsmouth manager, I know it's frustrating but look at me. When I moved from Sao Paulo to Bayern I had 3 x 89 players the rest 88/87. I won div 3 and I was ranked 7/80. It is possible to do well with a very average team

Teams currently in for Yilmaz:

US Palermo -
    FC Basel -
    Celtic -
    Anzhi -
    AJ Auxerre -
    Beşiktaş JK -
    Sevilla -
    Estudiantes -
    Flamengo -
    Portsmouth -

Palermo and Sevilla will need to change their bids to be included, as I don't think it'd be fair to accept p/e from some clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

1 player rated 91
    6 players rated 90
    1 player rated 89

It's much easyier too amass manager ranking points at small teams tho. If you go on any kind of a run at all you'll fly up the table. It'd be a Shame too lose another manager but a few lads have shown here with some wheeling and dealing or looking at externals 88s&89s are there

Gonna be a long post.

Starting off, there's been a fair bit of interest in Kirvak, my 87 rated keeper, with loan offers. AJ Auxerre asked first and has been promised him. I'm waiting till Season 3 ticks over to accept their bid but will be turning down any other loan bids for him until then.

If TSC took 80/90m for Bale, he could have used that then to get a replacement, and in turn that club would buy a replacement. So on, so forth. But, with the p/x, he got his replacements, and that was that. End of the sequence before it started.

Not 100% true, but I get your point.

Worth pointing out I turned down Chelsea's offer which had 0 cash involved but players I was more interested in, and I'd be lying if I said the lack of cash wasn't a factor. The winning bid involved 18m as well as the two players, and neither player I got was a replacement for Bale, positional wise. I had to take 10m of the cash I got and put it with Eto'o to get Munian (yes, granted, another p/e but with cash involved). So the Bale deal wasn't the end of the sequence completely. If you look at the list of p/e's done, the majority of them actually involve cash going one way or the other as well.

On top of that, I've been making enquiries and offers into pretty much every 90 rated striker round the age of 25, as well as some older ones, and a lot of 89-88 rated strikers as well, and would happily invest a lot of cash into them. I've said before and will again, I'd accept Villa's 30m bid for Hernandez if I could take that and use my 65m to buy another top level striker. So I don't think getting 80/90m for Bale would have done much despite my desires (otherwise, I'd have taken the 120m I got 6 months ago). So while the sequence is stopping with me on that front right now, believe me, I'm trying my best to kick start it :P

That said, I 100% get your point and can see where you're coming from.
    It would help on a large level if we could all, collectively, get over the fear of cash.

The final reason i'm leaving is the manager rating system is a bit of a joke in my opinion.

See, I get your reasoning, and ask this question not being a smartass but as a genuine question; have you a better way of handing out those jobs?

I feel reluctant to talk too much on the subject since I was the last person to get a job before that system came in, jumping from Chivas to Spurs. And I'd hope the fact I'm now ranked 2 would show the decision wasn't a disaster. But I think the random drawing was nearly less fair in terms of the fact there were people who had been here longer and were doing far, far better than me wanted the job.

Personally, I think the system right now should operate as a ladder; you missed the AC Milan job, but as a result, another job possibly opened up above you. So you could move up the ladder into that team instead. Only the "best" managers (however SM determines that) get the largest leaps, but as in the real world too, it's possible you might have to club up rung by rung.

If there's a better and fairer way to do it, in terms of rewarding the people who are having success, then I genuinely would like to hear it. Cause if I remember right, Mac had a big discussion on here and we talked about the fairest way, and this was the solution.

1 player rated 91
    6 players rated 90
    1 player rated 89

No offence taken man!! I totally understand the point you are making... The reason my form suffered so badly was I was committed to attacking (no matter what) football even thought I know from years on this game that defensive tactics work much better.... I wanted to give it a shot for the season :D:D:D:D

but....

Don't give up quite yet..... I've said it about a number of times to other managers here...

TAKE THE FC TWENTE JOB, they have some wonderful players :eek::eek:

EDIT: Further to that. I do agree with you about the waiting list, I think we should have a thread with whoever is first with their name on top, if a job appears they are offered it if they don't accept it goes down the list...

First come first serve if you will, as the ratings system can be frustrating.... But Mac does have a very valid point, the reason your rankings was so low is due to the division you were in, if you were in D4 to start off with you would have hit form and amassed some SERIOUS manager points & have been much higher when it comes to position to go for jobs...

a cup run where you get results against teams in the league above you is also a good way to gain mgr points.

I would completely disagree with a waiting list. The ranking system seems fairest to me, work hard and get rewarded.

I'm at a top club now so I gain nothing eitherway from this but it would be very unfair on someone who worked really hard at a lower club being passed over time and time again just because they didn't get down on a list quick enough

I would completely disagree with a waiting list. The ranking system seems fairest to me, work hard and get rewarded.

I'm at a top club now so I gain nothing eitherway from this but it would be very unfair on someone who worked really hard at a lower club being passed over time and time again just because they didn't get down on a list quick enough

You see I would have agreed initially with you at the outset of the gameworld, but its the part in bold....

By my judgement, Pompy has worked EXTREMELY hard on getting his team together, and lest not forget....

This game DOES incorporate an element of luck, so its not just down to hard work

I suppose it was the luck of the draw that he ended up in D1 with that team, had he started in D4 he probably would have pick up many more manager points.

I went upto 8-9th while battleing for promotion in D2 and with my stellar 1st half of the D1 season ... then an abismal run and getting knocked out of cups early dropped my right back down the list to 18-20th I think ... 1/2 season can make a big difference in the rankings.

• Advertisement

You see I would have agreed initially with you at the outset of the gameworld, but its the part in bold....

By my judgement, Pompy has worked EXTREMELY hard on getting his team together, and lest not forget....

This game DOES incorporate an element of luck, so its not just down to hard work

Of course there is an element of luck and I agree, it's not just hard work but I think if you put the work in, you will get what you deserve, a move to a bigger club. You worked hard at Malaga and moved to Lazio, Hamburg to Madrid(I think) me from Sao Paulo to Bayern, all in my opinion well deserved.

I'm not gonna go on about Portsmouth but he hasn't signed anyone since Nov 16th.

Can you tell me, how did you judge him to be extremely hard working? I don't doubt it but what exactly do you look at when judging?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement