Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Teams currently in for Yilmaz:

US Palermo -
    FC Basel -
    Celtic -
    Anzhi -
    AJ Auxerre -
    Beşiktaş JK -
    Sevilla -
    Estudiantes -
    Flamengo -
    Portsmouth -

Palermo and Sevilla will need to change their bids to be included, as I don't think it'd be fair to accept p/e from some clubs.

Sevilla got promoted therefore can't bid like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Of course there is an element of luck and I agree, it's not just hard work but I think if you put the work in, you will get what you deserve, a move to a bigger club. You worked hard at Malaga and moved to Lazio, Hamburg to Madrid(I think) me from Sao Paulo to Bayern, all in my opinion well deserved.

I'm not gonna go on about Portsmouth but he hasn't signed anyone since Nov 16th.

Can you tell me, how did you judge him to be extremely hard working? I don't doubt it but what exactly do you look at when judging?

I could....

But that would mean going back and forwards over this for the next 3-4 pages when we both have different views and neither will bend...

I've no interest in that anymore, I have a different opinion on this and we shall have to agree to disagree...

I've wasted far to much time arguing on these boards and (eventually) I learned, its pretty counter-productive at the end of the day...

I'm just going to give my views & not get into these arguments anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I could....

But that would mean going back and forwards over this for the next 3-4 pages when we both have different views and neither will bend...

I've no interest in that anymore, I have a different opinion on this and we shall have to agree to disagree...

I've wasted far to much time arguing on these boards and (eventually) I learned, its pretty counter-productive at the end of the day...

I'm just going to give my views & not get into these arguments anymore ;)

Jaysus yeah, God forbid there be discussion... On a discussion board of all places!!! :rolleyes:

Jaysus yeah, God forbid there be discussion... On a discussion board of all places!!! :rolleyes:

Chance would be a fine thing :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I honestly don't see the former portsmouth managers point.

He placed low in the league and didn't have a cup run, how exactly did he think his ranking would rise?

My ranking isn't amazing despite walking away with D4 and having the longest unbeaten record in the game world, mostly because my cup run was non-existant. I prioritised winning the league over doing well in the cup, this cost me manager points. Beating teams in the leagues above you is how you rise. If you want good manager rankings, finishing near the bottom of your league table and not having a cup run isn't going to do much for you.

PPPP got to 3rd in the rankings with a pretty **** club on the back of a promotion and 2 good cup runs, he earned it.

Portsmouth should have moved to a better club in a lower league, I would have, and his ratings would have jumped massively very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The current way is flawed of course, I think all potential ways would be, but the current way is the best way in my opinion to go about it.

The best thing about it is that it takes it out of our hands and there can be no arguments about it. Yes there can be arguments about how points are amassed, but not about who is higher in the rankings at decision time.

There is the potential for there to be a tie, as I mentioned before. I think we need to decide on how that is settled should it ever come about. My vote would be a friendly between the two tied clubs.

I had two great Cup runs in season 1 and I was very near the top of the rankings at that stage, so I agree a good cup run will help.

Also the fact I am Genoa helps. I have had a terrible season this season and think I am in the middle of the rankings, which again highlights the advantage the smaller clubs have regards rankings. As seaneh pointed out he walkedmy division with Sporting which didn't do much for his rankings at all.

If you have grand designs on managing one of the bigger clubs in the future, I don't see the problem in moving about the free clubs to try and see how that affects your rankings.

I certainly don't understand why somebody would rule out dropping down a division to another club who are bigger in stature and with more financial potential than their current club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I have to admit, I got seriously burnt out for a while and didn't bother logging in for days, got relegated after finishing 8th last season........West Brom will be back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lads i'm a bit worried... Swoody hasn't posted in 22 hours, 44 minutes :eek:

Quick update on Tevez offers, all 3 are good but without me being able to strengthen my defence I believe he won't be leaving.

After 8 tonight I'll probably just go into next season with the same squad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

5 offers in on strikers. Expecting all to be rejected :P

Meanwhile,

The offer for Paul BAYSSE of Tottenham Hotspur from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

9m. Profit of 1.2m in the end.

Now to see if I can spend the cash :P

5 offers in on strikers. Expecting all to be rejected :P

Meanwhile,

The offer for Paul BAYSSE of Tottenham Hotspur from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

9m. Profit of 1.2m in the end.

Now to see if I can spend the cash :P

If I got Cahill or the other cb I more than likely would have taken your offer but without strengthening both ends of my team letting go a striker that carry me is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Nice one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Lads i'm a bit worried... Swoody hasn't posted in 22 hours, 44 minutes :eek:

i've logged in but i'm on the phone so i cant really compare offers...i'll have a look later when i get to my laptop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Also looking forward to the world cup starting tomorrow. Managed to take USA to the finals, beating Argentina home and away topping the group. Does anyone else take the international management serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

swoody wrote: »
    i've logged in but i'm on the phone so i cant really compare offers...i'll have a look later when i get to my laptop ;)

Have a look at you PM's on soccermanager there too will u?
    Thanks!

Have a look at you PM's on soccermanager there too will u?
    Thanks!

i presume its for the best midfielder in the world......?

i presume its for the best midfielder in the world......?

Did you get Reus then? :)

Also looking forward to the world cup starting tomorrow. Managed to take USA to the finals, beating Argentina home and away topping the group. Does anyone else take the international management serious?

I've Holland, only took them on recently when I took out Gold membership.
    Not sure how serious I'll take it or if I'll keep it on though to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Brazil won't be there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Something different anyways, looking forward to it. Only side that was left that took my attention when looking at the international teams was Mexico.

In a group with Holland, Cameroon and Mali.

Lads, I might be willing to sell Pereira (D DM M, R, 90).

Would be willing to trade him and Cardozo for a quality FC.

Did you get Reus then? :)

that ship has sailed......mac has made a very big mistake!

that ship has sailed......mac has made a very big mistake!

You want to make sure you dont do the same then!! ;)

You want to make sure you dont do the same then!! ;)

yip!

unless you give me all your prospects and some, vidals going nowhere.

Ahhhhh

Negotiating..... Love it!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colombia will be taken it serious alright ;)

Ahhhhh
    Negotiating..... Love it!!!!!

Negotiating normally involves some measure of compromise though, not one party bending the other over a barrel.

'Certain people' wind me up. :D

Negotiating normally involves some measure of compromise though, not one party bending the other over a barrel.

'Certain people' wind me up. :D

you want vidal for song and some blow ins from the previous manager and and options to buy a prospect? :o

if you want a compromise.....like i said in the pm: give me Iniesta + Busquets, thats my compromise. ;)

i'm not giving you vidal for f all

• Advertisement

you want vidal for song and some blow ins from the previous manager and and options to buy a prospect? :o

if you want a compromise.....like i said in the pm: give me Iniesta + Busquets, thats my compromise. ;)

i'm not giving you vidal for f all

He's trying to get the best midfielder in the world by offering you Song, Giovinco and some other nobodies?

Cheeky hoor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement