Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The offer for Cheick TIOTÉ of Newcastle United from Aston Villa has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Finally got a player :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

The offer for Mousa DEMBÉLÉ of Tottenham Hotspur from ACF Fiorentina has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Dembele
    Honda & 8.6m.

Was meant to be with 15m, but chairman gets in the way again :P Either way, happy enough with that. Honda provides me a player who can start in midfield and also cover wings if nessecary :P Been sniffing round Honda for a while too, so happy to get him finally.

Also knocked out of the World Cup by France :(

Big fan of Dembele and saw that you were in need of someone who could play wing. Win/win for all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Be interesed to hear the thoughts on the Dembele deal, for me hes one of the best in the premiership and would not be out of place in the barca, real or bayern squad (NOT FIRST 11) in real life...

Quality player and utd should have signed him...

Personally I would not have sold him, im sure others will agree/disagree...

Thoughts???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Thoughts???

No doubt he's a quality player but I think spurs are a good place for him at the moment. Another season or two of good football and I could see him moving to a bigger club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

No doubt he's a quality player but I think spurs are a good place for him at the moment. Another season or two of good football and I could see him moving to a bigger club.

Ehh....Spurs are gonna be a massive club in the next year or 2.

Bit biased as I am a spurs supporter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Ehh....Spurs are gonna be a massive club in the next year or 2.

Bit biased as I am a spurs supporter

stopped reading when i saw this.

swoody wrote: »
    stopped reading when i saw this.

COYS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I rate Sandro a lot more than Dembele which is why I bought the former for a club record fee.

Phenomenal footballer who you just have to watch to see his class, I can see him having a big season for Spurs when he comes back from injury before the World Cup next season where he'll play a big part.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honestly think Dembele and Honda are on about even grounds for me. In game, they are worth about the same. Dembele is at a more recognizable team, but at a team with a lot of competition for his spot. Honda, meanwhile, can cover more positions on the field, something I always like in a player.

I can see both possibly rising 1 more point, especially if Honda gets his move to AC Milan. And the cash with him allows me to also move for another player as well.

In the last few days, I've got Eto'o and Honda in return for Dembele and Ideye and 1m. For me, I feel that improves my team and gives me far more tactical options.

EDIT: And dont bring up Sandro. Regret selling him. At the time, I thought 20m was crazy money and I know people remarked it was too much for him. Now he'd probaby go for double that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hondas got an amazing engine

Thank you

• Advertisement

I rate Sandro a lot more than Dembele which is why I bought the former for a club record fee.

Phenomenal footballer who you just have to watch to see his class, I can see him having a big season for Spurs when he comes back from injury before the World Cup next season where he'll play a big part.

Sandro is one of the best holding midfiend players in the prem, but for me Dembele can do it all... he just glides past playera (very very much rhe same as Zidane did, not comparing just similar is all) he defends, box to box, big strong, quick can dominate in the air....

Complete midfielder for me....

Brilliant player

Can't really compare the two players as they are both totally different. Sandro is an absolute machine.Big, strong and will defend to the death. We missed him big time especially towards the closing of the season. Dembele on the other hand like tupac said can do it all, but if I was asked who the spurs team would miss more either being injured or sold it would have to be Sandro. Defensively he is that immense that he left that much of a hole in our midfield.

Can't really compare the two players as they are both totally different. Sandro is an absolute machine.Big, strong and will defend to the death. We missed him big time especially towards the closing of the season. Dembele on the other hand like tupac said can do it all, but if I was asked who the spurs team would miss more either being injured or sold it would have to be Sandro. Defensively he is that immense that he left that much of a hole in our midfield.

Interesting.....

What I mean is, your a spurs fan??? Do you thing Sandro will play ahead of Paulinho??? Believe it or not I cant see Sandro in the starting 11 which says a lot as I really really rate him as one of the best, as you said he is a machine!!!!

If we had him at OT we would walk the league

Sandro will go straight back into the team when he returns, Paulinho is in a similar mould to Dembele, so if anything Dembele will be the one in trouble when Sandro returns because it will be him and Paulinho who will most likely be rotated.

Edit: I'm not saying Dembele will be on the bench, it will be Sandro and Dembele starting but if Paulinho is coming off the bench it will be for Dembele. Either that or AVB will return to his favoured 4-3-3 fomation he used at Porto

Bale Soldado Lennon
    Paulinho Sandro Dembele

Depending if Bale stays that is

Interesting.....

What I mean is, your a spurs fan??? Do you thing Sandro will play ahead of Paulinho??? Believe it or not I cant see Sandro in the starting 11 which says a lot as I really really rate him as one of the best, as you said he is a machine!!!!

If we had him at OT we would walk the league

As RW said it'll be Paulinho and Dembele battling it out. I think Capoue and Sandro would be a match made in heaven.Capoue really impressed me and I've watched him quite a bit playing for Toulouse and he always stood out to me. Sandro can attack when he wants and you'll find his passing is always positive, finding his target most the time.

It's just a head scratcher at the moment, which is a good thing I guess.Its been quite a long time since there's been a proper contest for positions at spurs. Only time will tell what will happen I guess, but I'd love to see Capoe and Sandro partner each other in midfield

2 so far think Dembele could be dropped for lets say the 'big' games!!!!

If I werw him with all that talent I would not be happy about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Getting transfer targets is a nightmare, waiting on word back from 2 managers is driving me mad!!

Getting transfer targets is a nightmare, waiting on word back from 2 managers is driving me mad!!

what club are you?

If I werw him with all that talent I would not be happy about that!
    dont forget Capoue and then there's Chadli as well

I think Capoue will be used mainly as a CB by AVB, which he already hinted to. He'll only be played in midfield if there's a shortage.

• Advertisement

If I were him with all that talent I would not be happy about that!

He won't be dropped at all. AVB is a 4-3-3 man, but he will mix it up with 4-2-3-1. All I'm saying is that there will be a lot more competition for spots. Capoue still has to show himself in the PL and although he can score, Dembele is the all round better player as of yet. Huge player for us, although I see him getting less game time this season as opposed to last season.

what club are you?
    leverkusen

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Atsuto Uchida will join their Real Madrid squad from Schalke

A grand lad for Cup games and what not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Mabwati CEDRIC has completed his move to Schalke from Real Betis for 3,100,000

Bought for £1.20 in real life, I feel slightly ripped off:pac:

leverkusen
    F it i just cancelled them!:mad:

great, starting with Napoli, Barcelona and Real :(

Your chairman expects you to avoid relegation this season :confused:

Well that's encouraging??

Lovely opening 9 games for me

Are the fixtures up because I can't see them at all.

Chairman expects me to push for promotion...lets hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My chairman has increased my stadium by 5,500 seats and expects me to avoid relegation

• Advertisement

Chairman expects promotion!!!!!

So do I if im honest! Gotta be aiming top 2 this year! Anyhow, loans have been send back so I presume we can now loan out players??

If so then let me know if you want some!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement