Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

That is some timing Burlap.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Al Capwned wrote: »
    That is some timing Burlap.... :(

Sorry dude, just trying to do a good deed.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

No hassle....

Also @ Juventus - offer that again - dunno what i done! :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

5 managers enquire about Coentrao the day Spurs are rumoured have accepted a €93 million deal for Bale including Coentrao, do people think I live under a rock? ;)

Was one of the five.

For what it's worth, I've had him shortlisted for ages. After signing Honda last night, my attention is now moving towards a new left back. The timing, in my case, was coincidence.

That said, I've seen more than one transfer where it's obvious someone is "cashing in" on a transfer move in real life. For instance, I could sell Bale for more today than if I risk waiting a few weeks and he goes nowhere/flops/gets hurt. When a player gets a real transfer and gets some attention as a result, he's always going to warrant some interest, especially from those who maybe don't follow much outside English football. And some people might decide to cash in; it's why I sent the PM; a quick message to ask if he was for sale, a polite No and I'm done. How I like refusals to be done :P

I'd have been more than willing to splash out a fortune on him (and indeed any 90+ rated LB), and was going to regardless of the news today. As you said, he's a great talent, especially in the game world, with youth and rating on his side.

But as you also said, the problem is because no one is selling, no one wants to sell. And while I fully appreciate the reason people want p/e's, it drives me crazy that no one will shift at all for just cash. It's crazy that most of the top players on the transfer market are p/e only, even though they've been sitting there for ages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I made a loan off for a Juve player too!

Is there a point to friendlies by the way?. sorry for all the questions, new to the game

Which club are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

pepper180 wrote: »
    Which club are you?

Gremio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

WTF! The new set up on soccermanager is driving me nuts why not leave as it was ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel the same, just a feels a little all over the place to me, but just needs getting used to maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

a couple of youths i have available for loan that any of you might fancy

54a420561acd8641099e3a36a7c0693b.png

i've added

Kosecki 85 AM,F(RLC)
    Lanzini 85 M(C),AM(RLC)
    Boakye 85 F(C)
    Masi 82 D(C)

to the list above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Oh thanks again Madrid for the defensive cover!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Isco is up for player exchange.
    Send some offers my way.

No cash!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is there a downside to playing lots of friendlies? I seem to have one a day up until the first league game. Won't the players be knackered???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is there a downside to playing lots of friendlies? I seem to have one a day up until the first league game. Won't the players be knackered???

nope they dont tire or get injured in friendlies. ;)

Beefy78 wrote: »

nope!

ada3ab3e2d043795706b59e8b0b6171c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lovely stuff! Thanks.

SS Lazio outclassed Udinese Calcio and beat them 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Jô scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Radu and El Shaarawy were also amongst the goalscorers.

Oh god..... worrying trend of winning friendlies continues......

NEED TO APPLY TO LEAGUE GAMES!

Oh that Damiao is just muck!!!!!!!!!!! Sell him....

I'll buy him off ya!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Squeaky bum time at PSV, lost tonight and really need to start finding a replacement for Van Bommel.

Am I the only one that likes the new layout???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Nope!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

2-0 win for the GALAXY against what looked like a reserve Liverpool team... Chairman wants me to avoid relegation this season, should be ok in that respect. Special thanks to the Liége manager for the loan deal with Bolat. Also special thanks to GT TDI 150 for the loan deal and negotiations on another. Pleasure to deal with!

• Advertisement

What browser do you use? I'm using firefox, not liking how some of the team name (if its long enough) in the fixture bar at the top of most screens comes out of its box, looks untidy and unfinished,

but not sure if it is just because I am using firefox.

Stuck in my 85-86-87's in for a run out

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Bayer Leverkusen.
    FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Bayer Leverkusen in their Friendly fixture.

What browser do you use? I'm using firefox, not liking how some of the team name (if its long enough) in the fixture bar at the top of most screens comes out of its box, looks untidy and unfinished,

Like the new look ... on chrome

7NSuYg.png

That is what I am talking about above.

Chrome, everything seems fine on it ;)

2-0 win for the GALAXY against what looked like a reserve Liverpool team... Chairman wants me to avoid relegation this season, should be ok in that respect. Special thanks to the Liége manager for the loan deal with Bolat. Also special thanks to GT TDI 150 for the loan deal and negotiations on another. Pleasure to deal with!

I'll be accepting the other one as soon as the game realises todays games have completed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Squeaky bum time at PSV, lost tonight and really need to start finding a replacement for Van Bommel.

;)

From Real Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

SS Lazio outclassed Udinese Calcio and beat them 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Jô scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Radu and El Shaarawy were also amongst the goalscorers.

Oh god..... worrying trend of winning friendlies continues......

NEED TO APPLY TO LEAGUE GAMES!

Oh that Damiao is just muck!!!!!!!!!!! Sell him....

I'll buy him off ya!!!

Ah he's scored every game up to this in fairness to him with 2 other assists. We're aloud have an off day. Just once its friendlies..

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'll be accepting the other one as soon as the game realises todays games have completed :rolleyes:

Delighted to get Fred!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

pepper180 wrote: »
    ;)

From Real Madrid

That offer is really fixing one problem but creating another man, the biggest problem last season was not scoring enough and taking him away would just make that worse!

I'm looking for alternatives now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement