Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was interested in him, but to be honest it was the combination of his in and out form and his attitude is questionable to say the least was enough to just put me off....

I'd go in for him very cheap but anything beyond that he is a risk IMO, sure he could throw the toys out of the pram tomorrow and Jol looks like the sort not to tolerate that at all, it COULD end badly...

Talent though is not in question, very very skillful

Ah yeah, that's though the risk. But for some reason, Palmero have pulled out now so he's mine. For 5.3m (out of a budget I'm not able to put a dent in), it's not that big a risk though, and I think he could rise from 87 to 88 without too much hassle. And he's grand cover for me as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Kills me to say it but..

Del Piero is up for sale... 6M and he is anyones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not looking to flame but is that not a mental price for a near 39 year old playing at a terrible level of football whose rating could drop like a stone shortly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Not looking to flame but is that not a mental price for a near 39 year old playing at a terrible level of football whose rating could drop like a stone shortly?

its ONLY 3 times his value.

just checked there and there's 3 6.0m bids for him. you never know, his rating might rise again?????

Beefy78 wrote: »

I'm just selling him for what I bought him for! :)

• Advertisement

mackeire wrote: »
    its ONLY 3 times his value.

just checked there and there's 3 6.0m bids for him. you never know, his rating might rise again?????

Really can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Around twice the value is usually where I'd go, For 3x I feel like I'd be getting ripped off.

Around twice the value is usually where I'd go, For 3x I feel like I'd be getting ripped off.

Im taking anything up to 6M, I won't be taking anything higher ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

pepper180 wrote: »
    Im taking anything up to 6M, I won't be taking anything higher ;)

You cant fault a guy for taking the best offers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mackeire wrote: »

I'll hazard a guess that Pepper offered the player to all teams who have him shortlisted; it's not that they've bid 6.0m, it's that they've been offered him for that.

• Advertisement

I'll hazard a guess that Pepper offered the player to all teams who have him shortlisted; it's not that they've bid 6.0m, it's that they've been offered him for that.

Exactly it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Looking for a 90+ DC, is there any available out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

For the love of god will someone sell me a 90+striker

Hamburg

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Do older players still hold their value? I have Elano and was considering selling him to raise a nice bit of cash

Do older players still hold their value? I have Elano and was considering selling him to raise a nice bit of cash

As players get older they do lose value gradually a 90 rated 20 year old could be worth 14m while a 32 year old 90 player maybe worth 7m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads i'll also do a p/e for Llorente for either a 90+ D(C) or a 90+ AM,F(RLC)

i've put p/e bids in on some players but i'm still waiting for responses since tuesday, hence why i haven't accepted a bid yet.

i also will combine Barzagli and Giovinco in another deal if SMFA allow me for one of the same above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against B.
    Munich.
    Newcastle United outclassed B.
    Munich and beat them 2 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Di Natale scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Debuchy was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted and shocked with that result, Di Natale on target again, hopefully he can keep this form going in the league

swoody wrote: »
    lads i'll also do a p/e for Llorente for either a 90+ D(C) or a 90+ AM,F(RLC)

i've put p/e bids in on some players but i'm still waiting for responses since tuesday, hence why i haven't accepted a bid yet.

i also will combine Barzagli and Giovinco in another deal if SMFA allow me for one of the same above.

Sent you a pm there mate on soccer manager
    Hamburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mr Freeze earned a draw with FC Porto against Dynamo Kyiv.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Dynamo Kyiv in their Friendly fixture.
    Butland had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Rivière was on the scoresheet for his side.

100% preseason record continues with a 3-2 win vs Gremio having been 2-0 down at half time. Vydra scored for me a minute into his debut from the bench. He's not my highest rated striker by any means but I've an inkling he'll do well for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against Dortmund in their Friendly fixture.
    El Shaarawy was on the scoresheet for his side.

Firmly put in my place!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

1-0 away win at Arsenal, decent preseason so far :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056995649

C'mon folks get your votes in, ... 24hrs left!!

only 25% of managers have votes :(

Man City want Higuain + Marcelo + 30M for Aguero...

These are the people that run up player prices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Any background to this?

Has he told you before he doesn't want to sell.. Or any bad dealings between the two of you?

If it is as you say and that's what he's looking for, it really is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

And you thought my offer was bad:-)

I'll forgo the 30m and accept the remainder of that dea(higuain and marcelo)l for Dzeko :cool:

bidding war has started :D

Any background to this?

Has he told you before he doesn't want to sell.. Or any bad dealings between the two of you?

If it is as you say and that's what he's looking for, it really is ridiculous

I bid awhile back and it was just rejected but that's all so I up'd my bid to Higuain plus 30M or so and bang he came back with that! Like he could have been nice about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

oh pepper, any chance of a p/e for Varane........Llorente + cash?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    oh pepper, any chance of a p/e for Varane........Llorente + cash?

Sorry couldn't do it! Varane is in my starting 11! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement