Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

In my extremely tired state last night I decided to put in a bid for this guy

http://soccerwiki.org/player.php?pid=37463

Really feel he's the guy to take my up to division 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

You have my friend what I like to call 'un-earthed a gem' :eek:

EDIT: Says he who signed Bendtner..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

money has become useless in this gameworld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Love the keeper on the right...Johnny Vegas!!!:D:D

Tevez is on his way to hamburg from man city as we speak for a whopping 42million euros.

Dont mind paying the big bucks for a 93rated player just hope he has a good year at juventus and doesnt go below 92.

90+players are becoming impossible to buy with cash lads its getting a bit worrying:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

money has become useless in this gameworld
    says the man who just splashed 42m :eek:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    says the man who just splashed 42m :eek:

Ive had mangers hounded with bids all week trying to get a 90+forward in and to no avail i even offered 70million for di maria and was no good. In an ideal world i wouldnt pay 42million for tevez but its a sellers market in our world

Ive had mangers hounded with bids all week trying to get a 90+forward in and to no avail i even offered 70million for di maria and was no good. In an ideal world i wouldnt pay 42million for tevez but its a sellers market in our world

I'm sure he'll repay you 10 fold + if he stays @ 92-93 you might be able to trade him for 2 89/90 rated fellas further down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

I'm finished in the transfer market, 2 players in and many targets not got. Squad is what it is now and thats it.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll repay you 10 fold + if he stays @ 92-93 you might be able to trade him for 2 89/90 rated fellas further down the line

Lets hope he does the business in division 3 for me.

Ya he should hold his value for a season or so anyway at the least you think he is a very good player when happy and gets in a bit of form

• Advertisement

I'm finished in the transfer market, 2 players in and many targets not got. Squad is what it is now and thats it.

I feel your pain mate impossible to get the players you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've brought in 3 players and I'm hoping that'll be enough for now. Really struggling money wise. Hoping for a mid table finish in Div 2. This season will be spent trying to make money and scouting young talent

I got 2 87rated backup players, loaned out 7 mid 80s rated players, I hold out hope for one big deal , other than that I too am done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think Tevez for 42m is actually decent enough, relative to values players are going for now. Weeks ago, that would have been a good deal, when you consider Kompany going for 50m and Navas going for 38m and Pedro for 65m.

This week, given no one is selling whatsoever, that's a bargin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

I think Tevez for 42m is actually decent enough, relative to values players are going for now. Weeks ago, that would have been a good deal, when you consider Kompany going for 50m and Navas going for 38m and Pedro for 65m.

This week, given no one is selling whatsoever, that's a bargin :D

Yep, id have paid it had my chairman let me even though his stats last season were quite poor

I sold defoe and only had one striker so maybe thats why my chairman let me pay it, ya his stats arent the best for last season he will be playing a lonely striker role for me in division 3 and will be taking penalties and free kicks so hopefully he can score a few. On the other hand its very possible he could go down to 92 even 91 if he has a shocker in italy with juventus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Well he scored on debut so thats a good start

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, personally, I would happily drop 42m for a 93 rated defender or midfielder right now, even with the risk of dropping to 92-91 (and I think it's a very low risk for at least a few months...). Any time I go for players like that, I tend to g get counter offered with Bale and 100m :P

Tevez is on his way to hamburg from man city as we speak for a whopping 42million euros.

Dont mind paying the big bucks for a 93rated player just hope he has a good year at juventus and doesnt go below 92.

90+players are becoming impossible to buy with cash lads its getting a bit worrying:/

whopping????

No, thats a good deal man! Tevez (even though a Utd fan) is quality, he will be a starter for Juve for sure and he will 99% win the league and keep his status, for the value of money in this gameworld you are getting a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah.... Your in my division aren't you :(

Well, personally, I would happily drop 42m for a 93 rated defender or midfielder right now, even with the risk of dropping to 92-91 (and I think it's a very low risk for at least a few months...). Any time I go for players like that, I tend to g get counter offered with Bale and 100m :P

I'm starting to get similar counter offers as well:(

• Advertisement

Hopefully city manager dont change his mind untill the deal is completed:p

It was shocking the money he went for in real life what was it 12 million or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

As has been said, That's a pretty good deal. He should destroy in Div 3.

Hopefully city manager dont change his mind untill the deal is completed:p

It was shocking the money he went for in real life what was it 12 million or something?

Carlos TÉVEZ has completed his move to Hamburg from Manchester City for 42,000,000

Your safe;)

After missing out on two free agents yesterday( I'm looking at you lazio and chelsea). I'm going all out today so let the battle commence:)

Happy out this morn!!!

Benzia got a +4, up to 82 now! Looking more and more like value for 3.4 mil, already turned down 6 for him this morning!!!!!

After missing out on two free agents yesterday( I'm looking at you lazio and chelsea). I'm going all out today so let the battle commence:)

You may yet get lucky, I've cancelled some deals this morning mate, your offers may yet be accepted ;)

You may yet get lucky, I've cancelled some deals this morning mate, your offers may yet be accepted ;)

They were accepted yesterday but I only went 75% of value. Does that make a difference in the players decision where they decide to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I would assume they'd go to the highest bidder.

I went balls out for my top target today anyway so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

These lads are available for loan if anyone needs cover

Romero JAIME 83
    Marco D'ALESSANDRO 83
    David LÓPEZ 83
    Joshua JOHN 84
    Graça JOÃOZINHO 85
    Paulo MIRANDA 85

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement