Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

While I get your point, what else is there to do with money?

Fair enough as well if you don't see yourself playing for that long. I potentially do, so I'll happily pay the 2.4m I am allowed and which I have to spare by a long way. It's either that or let the money sit there and fester.

People can do what they want with their money, I was just saying, for me, it's overpaying unless you're here in two years which I don't see why I wouldn't be but anything can happen in 2 years.

@tupac:

Does that not make your theory invalid if Tottenham can outbid PSV for a youth player. It's not just been you that's saying it, even Mac has said that the smaller clubs can outbid big clubs with youth players but evidently that theory is wrong based on this,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

People can do what they want with their money, I was just saying, for me, it's overpaying unless you're here in two years which I don't see why I wouldn't be but anything can happen in 2 years.

@tupac:

Does that not make your theory invalid if Tottenham can outbid PSV for a youth player. It's not just been you that's saying it, even Mac has said that the smaller clubs can outbid big clubs with youth players but evidently that theory is wrong based on this,

About the first part, no... not at all. People said the same when I paid 3.2 for Benzia.... TODAY I turned down 6mil for him!!

They dont have to sit in the youth team!!!

We spurs have a vast fortune compared to me, yet I could outbid him, but then Villa (is it??? ) can outbid me.....

It seems pretty random to be honest

EDIT: and I could.have doubled my money on Olinga.... buying these players and selling on for 100% profit is another option compared to keeping in reserve......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine that how much you have in your bank, annoyingly, doesn't impact on your max bid.

It seems to be based on how many people for that position you have. I've got a few who can play attacking midfielder, so there's not a NEED for the player in my team. Likewise, I'm fairly certain you've got a fairly large youth team, so I'd imagine you've got a lot of people in that position too.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of teams who, as I said, don't "scout" players, don't sign up loads of kids...and because of that, will have the advantage here because they don't have the competition for places so their chairman sees the player as more needed. :/ Hence, bigger bid.

I'd imagine that how much you have in your bank, annoyingly, doesn't impact on your max bid.

It seems to be based on how many people for that position you have. I've got a few who can play attacking midfielder, so there's not a NEED for the player in my team. Likewise, I'm fairly certain you've got a fairly large youth team, so I'd imagine you've got a lot of people in that position too.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of teams who, as I said, don't "scout" players, don't sign up loads of kids...and because of that, will have the advantage here because they don't have the competition for places so their chairman sees the player as more needed. :/ Hence, bigger bid.

I think you may be right, I considered this myself as I do have a few attacking options...

Would have been interesting if I had sold Hernanes last night, thats my only 91 attacking talent gone, maybe I could hsve bid.more then???

If its not completely random then I would agree with you, sounds plausible

Some good news...

Dave Shadow has guided Tottenham Hotspur to a SMFA Super Cup Final win against Feyenoord!!
    Tottenham Hotspur were the better team and beat Feyenoord 4 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.
    Eto'o scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    González and Navas were also amongst the goalscorers.

Another 1m prize money to blow on hookers. 3rd Trophy Bitches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Wouldn't have copped it only it was mentioned here. My max bid is 2.7m, and I've no intention of spending on him..

Meanwhile, I have spent 4.3m on this 88 rated cf.
    The offer for Pierre WEBÓ of Bursaspor from AZ has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Straight fight between himself and Jozy Altidore for the #9 now.

And I may not be finished yet.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

1-1 draw with Benfica.

Where do i view friendly requests??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

eh i dunno wrote: »
    1-1 draw with Benfica.

Where do i view friendly requests??

the top bar on the screen with the few games, click on a green plus, this will bring you to the fixtures ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just got raped by Schalke :(

Another friendly defeat ...

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Hannover 96.
    FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Hannover 96 in their Friendly fixture.
    Torsiglieri was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to Hamburg.
    Estudiantes slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Hamburg in their Friendly fixture.
    Hoilett was on the scoresheet for his side.

Oh well!!! Preseason hasn't gone well. Hopefully it'll be better when the season starts tomorrow!!

Oh and on the max bid thing, I think I might bid after all! I can go up to 3.1m!!! :P :P :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Awh, and I liked you too. Shame you've got to go on the blacklist now :(

Joke ha ha ha... Knew youd get a kick outta it.

I hope there's a part added in the charter that prohibits talk of any player at an external club or free agent that another manager has a bid in for.

A ban for somebody doing it twice would put an end to it for good.

I've asked yakult for this!

Some good news...

Dave Shadow has guided Tottenham Hotspur to a SMFA Super Cup Final win against Feyenoord!!
    Tottenham Hotspur were the better team and beat Feyenoord 4 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.
    Eto'o scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    González and Navas were also amongst the goalscorers.

Another 1m prize money to blow on hookers. 3rd Trophy Bitches!

3 trophys is class...I've 2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    3 trophys is class...I've 2

Would help if 2 weren't Gold Only ones :P
    Noticed though I'm up to second in the manager's rankings though, so obviously getting points for winning the Gold Trophies.

Would help if 2 weren't Gold Only ones :P
    Noticed though I'm up to second in the manager's rankings though, so obviously getting points for winning the Gold Trophies.
    Prob getting big points too dude. SMFA would encourage lads too be gold managers

As for all the talking about not been here in 1r2 years you would be VERY surprised...I'm playing one world for 4 years! You get VERY attached too the players and more so youths who you put the time and effort into tracking down! You'll find your self sky plusing the bundislega show and seen if your players played or whos the best in the team etc!

Prob getting big points too dude. SMFA would encourage lads too be gold managers

As for all the talking about not been here in 1r2 years you would be VERY surprised...I'm playing one world for 4 years! You get VERY attached too the players and more so youths who you put the time and effort into tracking down! You'll find your self sky plusing the bundislega show and seen if your players played or whos the best in the team etc!

I've had my Valencia team for as long as I can remember!!!! I'd say its well over 4 years :eek:

Just checked and its coming up on 10 seasons with them so whats that 4-5 years! I can never see myself packing them in! I've my next generation bought and all for them!!

As Mac said, you get VERY attached

I'm hoping to be in this game for a long time ... (and with my starting team FCP, no jumping ship here :p)

However, those in the origional thread that said 5mins daily is all the time it will take to play this game ... :rolleyes: pull the other one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I have a number of young lads in that position too, so it must be based on a number of things.

I have withdrawn my bid anyways, will hold my money for another youngster due to be added soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against Genoa CFC.
    Newcastle United beat Genoa CFC 2 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Di Natale scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Neymar was also on the scoresheet for his side

Di Natale and Neymar on target again, fun starts tomorrow night though, away to Barca:eek:

• Advertisement

Everyone in my youth team is available too loan!some good lads like will huges in there. Might help a division 3/4 team.

Everyone in my youth team is available too loan!some good lads like will huges in there. Might help a division 3/4 team.

not every one :(

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    not every one :(

Really?? Who won't my chairman loan??

Top 3 or 4....

Oh you have a PM too over on SM

my old buddy atsu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Just copped i drew Dortmund in the cup...Balls!!

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Just copped i drew Dortmund in the cup...Balls!!

Got a bye again ... same as last season ...:D

....Aaaaaand got a bye in the shield also!

my old buddy atsu

Is he in my youth team?

I wouldn't have accepted for him as he scored 3 goals in my last 2 league games last year.. Oh and a hat trick in the charity shield!

Is he in my youth team?

I wouldn't have accepted for him as he scored 3 goals in my last 2 league games last year.. Oh and a hat trick in the charity shield!

was only checking as I have 3 FC rated 87 and wanted to loan one out but chairman wont let me ... Pr!ck!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Got a bye again ... same as last season ...:D

....Aaaaaand got a bye in the shield also!

BOO!!!!....:P:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement