Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Clint DEMPSEY has completed his move to Newcastle United from Dynamo Kyiv for 17,871,000

Finding it impossible to get some first team players in so trying to improve my squad

Willing to offer any players outside of Neymar, Willian and Thiago plus cash for players to improve my team if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

How do you accept friendly requests on the phone lads

You can't, its a bug in the system!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Managed to flog some of the deadwood in my squad so should be able to bring in a defender finally. If anyone has one for sale 87-89 rated then let me know. Ta.

Have a look at N.VIERGEVER?

If interested gimme a shout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, pre-season is over. I'd have liked a younger CM and D in before the season started but **** it....

Arsenal, come at me bro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Have a look at N.VIERGEVER?

If interested gimme a shout.

He's actually a Legend of my Champions League winning Football Manager 2008 Southend United squad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Liverpool have offered JonJo Shelvy to Panathinaikos for 125,000,000.

Hmmmmmm much as I'm tempted that's a little out of my price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

He's actually a Legend of my Champions League winning Football Manager 2008 Southend United squad!

Haha - well there you go - make me a an offer (realistic :) ) due to overwhelming emotional attachment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

New season starts tonight :) Best of luck to everyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Looks like Braga are getting a new Jacuzzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not expect that :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Tinie wrote: »
    I did not expect that :eek:

Are you managing Braga?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Are you managing Braga?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Liverpool have offered JonJo Shelvy to Panathinaikos for 125,000,000.

Hmmmmmm much as I'm tempted that's a little out of my price range.

Don't worry man, you will learn soon enough the managers best avoided!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

I've brought in 3 players and I'm hoping that'll be enough for now. Really struggling money wise. Hoping for a mid table finish in Div 2. This season will be spent trying to make money and scouting young talent
    i had money to spend but might as well had magic kidney beans for what it is worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Went threw my youths and my chairman will only let me loan list players of 83 rating. Ive some good young 83s that MITE suit a division 3 or 4 side if any one wants too look. if they rise while on loan ill let them there for the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Quick question, im in my work league, and only been playing a few weeks. What happens if I bid on a player, and its accepted. But in the 24 hours it takes for the transfer to complete, I go like 2 million below the accepted price? Will I go into debt or will the transfer be cancelled?

Also Loic Remy is STILL for sale... I will NOT accept any cash only deal's. Only player exchange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Quick question, im in my work league, and only been playing a few weeks. What happens if I bid on a player, and its accepted. But in the 24 hours it takes for the transfer to complete, I go like 2 million below the accepted price? Will I go into debt or will the transfer be cancelled?

it'll be cancelled, from what i remember

the only way you go into debt is through the weekly expenditure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

pepper180 wrote: »
    No, the deal was the other way around, I was giving you Higuain plus 20M and you came back with a stupid counter offer again because I posted that on boards too, So its not the 1st time you've done ridiculous counter offers.

Sorry, my mistake. The deal I was referring to was Benzema in exchange for Aguero + 40 million, a ridiculous counter offer made by you a few months back. I have PMs where we discussed that bid as well. You know a private message, that would have been the proper way to discuss this, instead of in a public forum.
    Got a similar counter offer myself

Manchester City have made a counter offer to Newcastle United to exchange Júnior NEYMAR for Pablo ZABALETA

In fairness, I communicated to you not so long ago that the only player in your squad I would be interested in was Neymar so I don't know why you would make me any offers unless he was included in the deal.

Sorry, my mistake. The deal I was referring to was Benzema in exchange for Aguero + 40 million, a ridiculous counter offer made by you a few months back. I have PMs where we discussed that bid as well. You know a private message, that would have been the proper way to discuss this, instead of in a public forum.

In fairness, I communicated to you not so long ago that the only player in your squad I would be interested in was Neymar so I don't know why you would make me any offers unless he was included in the deal.

True, you did but that is why I put in a cash offer as I knew you weren't interested in any of my players. If you didn't want to accept a cash offer there is an option to just do that when you click on reject offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Got to love these:

RSC Anderlecht have made a counter offer to FC Porto to exchange Stevan JOVETIĆ for Jordan LUKAKU .

As Jordan (Romelu's brother) is not listed as unavailable, every so often I stick in a bid, of varying values, this time it was 2m.
    I now have to consider whether I want to do a straight swap for Jovetic ...

Seriously people just make players un available if you really, really arent going to sell them.

By the way, this kid is rumoured to be as talented as his bigger brother!

• Advertisement

What's the story with the Barca manager lads? 9 transfer bids in for his players and 2 loan bids and no reply from him for over a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Got to love these:

RSC Anderlecht have made a counter offer to FC Porto to exchange Stevan JOVETIĆ for Jordan LUKAKU .

As Jordan (Romelu's brother) is not listed as unavailable, every so often I stick in a bid, of varying values, this time it was 2m.
    I now have to consider whether I want to do a straight swap for Jovetic ...

Seriously people just make players un available if you really, really arent going to sell them.

By the way, this kid is rumoured to be as talented as his bigger brother!

anyway, silly beggars continue :D, I've countered with 1/2 my original bid

If he doesn't accept the bid with in 2 days you can take it that the bid has been rejected.

Surely it would be easier for him to reject the offers so or reply to his pms. Gone to a bit of a joke at this stage. I haven't seen him online much either and it's a pity they took away the ability to see when a manager was last online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

This is me done now. Hopefully he gets a move this week to the prem. Up 5 in ratings in the last 6 months
    The offer for Troy DEENEY of Watford from Aston Villa has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

What's the story with the Barca manager lads? 9 transfer bids in for his players and 2 loan bids and no reply from him for over a week
    Surely it would be easier for him to reject the offers so or reply to his pms. Gone to a bit of a joke at this stage. I haven't seen him online much either and it's a pity they took away the ability to see when a manager was last online

i've a bid in with him as well for a few days

he was on the other night, i asked him about it in chat but he didn't reply then went offline

i sent him a pm too but no reply yet

The not knowing when a manager was last online is a disaster! I stopped keeping track of managers here as we allways knew who was online over at soccermanager. Any word on why they removed it??

eh i dunno wrote: »
    This is me done now. Hopefully he gets a move this week to the prem. Up 5 in ratings in the last 6 months
    The offer for Troy DEENEY of Watford from Aston Villa has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

would you do something with that bid i've in with you?
    since you've nothing else to do now :pac:

bayern

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

How long has the bid been in on Alex Song at Barca :pac:
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Also Loic Remy is STILL for sale... I will NOT accept any cash only deal's. Only player exchange!

Given he's been transfer listed for months now, would it not be as easy to just take cash and then try and negotiate for another player at a third team for cash?

I know we've had the whole point raised before, but it strikes me as frustrating that 8 of the top 10 players on the transfer list are so solidly p/e only. It's one thing demanding p/e on players you don't want to sell or are only tempted by a good offer, but when people are actively looking to get rid of a player, but still want to be the controlling party in negotiations, it further damages the market imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

It's a shame the barca manager isn't more active alright. Have a bid in for one or two of his players as well.

• Advertisement

It's a shame the barca manager isn't more active alright. Have a bid in for one or two of his players as well.

i'd say he's active enough, just he doesn't bother replying to bids

there a lot of SM players like, i think people just delete the message from their feed when they get it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement