Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

How long has the bid been in on Alex Song at Barca :pac:

Given he's been transfer listed for months now, would it not be as easy to just take cash and then try and negotiate for another player at a third team for cash?

I know we've had the whole point raised before, but it strikes me as frustrating that 8 of the top 10 players on the transfer list are so solidly p/e only. It's one thing demanding p/e on players you don't want to sell or are only tempted by a good offer, but when people are actively looking to get rid of a player, but still want to be the controlling party in negotiations, it further damages the market imo.

Actually I was going to say that seeing the whole Remy thing would make me re-think getting into all this with Hernanes....

It's just impossible to get an acceptable part ex (although 3 out of 4 clubs I spoke to we were damn close) so.....

If part ex don't come off and if cash is for all intensive purposes 'useless' then we have reached a stalemate and the market will stagnate....

Makes me Re-consider drawing all this upon myself, after all I'm pretty happy with my squad!!!!

Maybe something can be written into the charter? For the love of god don't ask me what!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

How long has the bid been in on Alex Song at Barca :pac:

Given he's been transfer listed for months now, would it not be as easy to just take cash and then try and negotiate for another player at a third team for cash?

I know we've had the whole point raised before, but it strikes me as frustrating that 8 of the top 10 players on the transfer list are so solidly p/e only. It's one thing demanding p/e on players you don't want to sell or are only tempted by a good offer, but when people are actively looking to get rid of a player, but still want to be the controlling party in negotiations, it further damages the market imo.

That is a big problem for most teams because most teams don't have players good enough to improve the likes of Chelsea and Madrid so that rules out alot of teams. If some of those were available for cash it would make the market wide open again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd go as far as banning player exchanges. I hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I've had bids in on Barca players that were just left for weeks so I just don't put in bids anymore.

Lads with the new season starting today, are we going to bring in something this season for managers who do well and also vastly underperfoming managers?

Maybe take into account league position, trophies won, and manager ranking? MrMac could be the one who makes the final decision.

If a manager is ousted, higher ranking managers can apply for the job and the other manager can take their job.

Either that or some kind of gentleman's agreement that people will take it upon themselves to step down.

It will be awarding the managers who are performing well and demoting those who aren't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It will be awarding the managers who are performing well and demoting those who aren't.

I'd always be against this I think. While I get the reasoning,the reward of success should be the success, and the punishment should be the failure. If someone is struggling, the last thing they need is the fear of being booted from their project. Especially in a game as random as this one, punishing people is very harsh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

For the Attention of anyone sending me a chat message on Soccer Manager

Chat doesn't work. Your name appears at the bottom of the page but when I click on it nothing happens.

Cheap assed carpy website.

If you need to contact me send me a PM on Soccer Manager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

When I took over Braga I had a tiny 3mil in the bank to work with. I'd imagine thats pretty small amount to work with with not many valuable players in the squad, so just say the deal for Januzaj goes through ok tomorrow, and I get him, how much should he go for if I stick him up for sale within a few weeks should I need the funds or is it best not to be talked about here?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The not knowing when a manager was last online is a disaster! I stopped keeping track of managers here as we allways knew who was online over at soccermanager. Any word on why they removed it??

I'd say to stop people quitting the game in inactive leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I think it's a good idea but implementing would be very difficult. If you're a good team and and you get relegated you more than likely deserve the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

bazarakus wrote: »
    For the Attention of anyone sending me a chat message on Soccer Manager

Chat doesn't work. Your name appears at the bottom of the page but when I click on it nothing happens.

Cheap assed carpy website.

If you need to contact me send me a PM on Soccer Manager

What team are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've had bids in on Barca players that were just left for weeks so I just don't put in bids anymore.

Lads with the new season starting today, are we going to bring in something this season for managers who do well and also vastly underperfoming managers?

Maybe take into account league position, trophies won, and manager ranking? MrMac could be the one who makes the final decision.

If a manager is ousted, higher ranking managers can apply for the job and the other manager can take their job.

Either that or some kind of gentleman's agreement that people will take it upon themselves to step down.

Impossible too enforce as I cannot remove managers from soccermanager

As for remy I don't NEED too sell him. I have cash. Also a 90 rated cf in reserve for cups injurys and suspensions so yes I expect too be in pole position in neogations as I don't NEED the players I'm asking for him. I'd like them for the future where as the teams I'm neogatiating with NEED a 90 cf and don't even play the young players in their first team!

As for remy I don't NEED too sell him. I have cash. Also a 90 rated cf in reserve for cups injurys and suspensions so yes I expect too be in pole position in neogations as I don't NEED the players I'm asking for him. I'd like them for the future where as the teams I'm neogatiating with NEED a 90 cf and don't even play the young players in their first team!

I'd always be against this I think. While I get the reasoning,the reward of success should be the success, and the punishment should be the failure. If someone is struggling, the last thing they need is the fear of being booted from their project. Especially in a game as random as this one, punishing people is very harsh...

This would only happen at the end of a season.

If a manager at a division 3 club with a shoelace budget buys well, tactically sound, and comes in play off places/ gets promotion to division 2. Say he's ranked in the top 15 managers. Now take somebody like Chelsea*, if the manager finished near the bottom of the table or got relegated, is ranked well lower than the manager at the division 3 club. I think the division 3 manager should get a chance to apply for the job.

I know the Chelsea manager joined late and had to deal with the mess that was left there and that he rightly deserves another season to get Chelsea back to Div 1, I'm only using it as an example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I'd go as far as banning player exchanges. I hate them.

And doing that would result in most teams in Div4 not being able to do transfers.
    I don't think i've ever signed a first team player without a player exchange.

The problem with this league is that a lot of people are just plain greedy.

Not to paint everyone with the same brush though.. There are plenty of managers that are easy to do business with.

Impossible too enforce as I cannot remove managers from soccermanager

Tbh if you told a manager to resign and he refused the rest of us managers should just black list them and never do any deals.

The manager should know himself that it's time to give another manager a shot at the big time.

Tinie wrote: »
    When I took over Braga I had a tiny 3mil in the bank to work with. I'd imagine thats pretty small amount to work with with not many valuable players in the squad, so just say the deal for Januzaj goes through ok tomorrow, and I get him, how much should he go for if I stick him up for sale within a few weeks should I need the funds or is it best not to be talked about here?

Aftaid its not as easy as that....

People will again have a maximum they can bid. You will need to wait for him to rise a fair few points, think of him as saving bonds or some sort of long term investment.

You could sell him in 4-5 seasons time to fund a spending spree but not before that in all honesty...

Long term dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Tbh if you told a manager to resign and he refused the rest of us managers should just black list them and never do any deals.

The manager should know himself that it's time to give another manager a shot at the big time.
    LOL

soap1978 wrote: »
    LOL

Feeling nervous United?

To be fair id normally be 100% against this sort of thing, but some of the big team managers here need to look at themselves, if only JUST in terms of how they treat others in the transfer market, its fine to reject a bid but when teams are struggling and spot a player they think could be the one to move them up a level and they cant even get a response....

Sorry but its time for a change for sure if thats the case, and it most definitely is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

ah jeeesus, are we back to forcing managers to leave if they dont do as well as others think they would have done with the same squad?!?!

as for banning P/e?!?!? thats how I got modric and most of my signings at the start of last season ...

Suppose this debate will eventually turn to " lets turn of transfer monitoring!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I guess then it comes down to a difference of opinions on the role of the Transfer List.

For me, a player should only be transfer listed when the club wants rid of them. If you want to mark a player as available, then there's the option, and for me, that should mean the "I want to keep him, but if an offer comes in I like, I'll sell him". The transfer list should then be "I want rid of this player, give me your best offer".

Instead, the transfer list is kind of being used as a pseudo-tease; "I might sell him, I might not, offer me a deal, I'll consider it, but make it your best players, otherwise I'll leave him transfer listed indefinitely".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Januzaj went to Anzhi if anyone cares.

Braga lack of funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

swoody wrote: »

Yeah, offered an "unhappy" player a new contract to make him happy and my balance went below my offered amount. I put the blame on being a noob at the game. If its any consolation, I would have stuck him up for £40m with 2 88+ rated player exchange, judging by the rates in the market here :pac:
    Braga lack of funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a killer. I would have had 50k left anyway had I got him :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yoink....

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    And doing that would result in most teams in Div4 not being able to do transfers.
    I don't think i've ever signed a first team player without a player exchange.

The problem with this league is that a lot of people are just plain greedy.

Not to paint everyone with the same brush though.. There are plenty of managers that are easy to do business with.

On the flip side it makes it more difficult for people with money to buy players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Good luck for S2 everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

IvySlayer wrote: »
    On the flip side it makes it more difficult for people with money to buy players

i've bought plenty with cash. :o:) :pac:

• Advertisement

i've bought plenty with cash. :o:) :pac:

What's that 9th?

I can't hear that far down the table

:p

(I need a rival)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement