Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

How long does the season last for in real life time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Tinie wrote: »

4 months

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm sure the last league game (excluding playoffs) is on the 2nd January!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Winning Start

Mr.Magoo steered SL Benfica to victory against Valencia.
    SL Benfica beat Valencia 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Cardozo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Salvio was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

do players lose some conditioning if they play in the SMFA Cup/Shield....? i can't remember!

i think they do in The Boards.ie League Cup/Shield tho.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

swoody wrote: »
    do players lose some conditioning if they play in the SMFA Cup/Shield....? i can't remember!

i think they do in The Boards.ie League Cup/Shield tho.

:o

No in SMFA
    Yes in Boards cup and shield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

pepper180 wrote: »
    How do I change that? #NoobPepper

Only way is too trim your squad! Your biggest out goings would be wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ömer TOPRAK has completed his move to Málaga CF from Bayer Leverkusen for 18,000,000

Proof there that you can buy players with cash... You'll just have to pay a lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ömer TOPRAK has completed his move to Málaga CF from Bayer Leverkusen for 18,000,000

Proof there that you can buy players with cash... You'll just have to pay a lot :pac:

18 mil for an 89 rated player?

Ok granted he's young but the market is full of external 89's for less than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

trudub83 wrote: »

Ok granted he's young but the market is full of external 89's for less than that

There's isn't many that are only 24 though.

Granted i think i overpaid by about 1M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Stephen KENNY has completed his move to SS Lazio from Cork City for 230,000

Right hands up whoever has signed someone they know!!!!!!!

Ha ha! My buddies brother!!!! Good player too!

Stephen KENNY has completed his move to SS Lazio from Cork City for 230,000

Right hands up whoever has signed someone they know!!!!!!!

Ha ha! My buddies brother!!!! Good player too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There are literally about 5 external players who are rated 89 and most of those are transfer banned at the min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

What do you classify as full?
    Please show me all these 89's that you speak of :)

tonic wine wrote: »

Please don't!!!!

There will be war!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tonic wine wrote: »

go scouting ;)

Seriously guys, dont post lists of players?

I've given other teams names of players from my shortlist(over SM chat or in PMs) when they were stuck for players, but dont believe in broadcasting lists of players only to have everyone shortlist them and bid once you do.

Like I said, put in some bit of effort and go find them or do the leg work and approach other players on SM for a tip-off

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Have no intention of posting player names.

As GT_TDI said, get scouting.

But when I said full, I was on this morning and there are approx. 15-20 players on my shortlist rated level 89.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

Have no intention of posting player names.

As GT_TDI said, get scouting.

But when I said full, I was on this morning and there are approx. 15-20 players on my shortlist rated level 89.

But how many of the 15-20 are at external clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

anyone want one or three of these players on loan?

c59acc1ae472cf531bc8b315bc2ccc13.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be honest, I've started trying to hoover up 88s who are round 24 on the basis that it's obvious I'll need them as p/e fodder....but there's really not that many left. I've been running through the top few teams in Europe who are external, trying to see what player teams have transferred out, but the market has become pretty dry with 88s-89s at externals...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I'll be honest, I've started trying to hoover up 88s who are round 24 on the basis that it's obvious I'll need them as p/e fodder....but there's really not that many left. I've been running through the top few teams in Europe who are external, trying to see what player teams have transferred out, but the market has become pretty dry with 88s-89s at externals...
    That kind of transfer policy ruin it for smaller clubs who actually require these players for first team, this is why the market has dried up big clubs have all current and future talent and small clubs can't pay the insane prices that this market has accumulated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

JamboMac wrote: »
    That kind of transfer policy ruin it for smaller clubs who actually require these players for first team, this is why the market has dried up big clubs have all current and future talent and small clubs can't pay the insane prices that this market has accumulated

It is not ideal no,

What makes it worse is that I don't think people can loan out players rated 87/88 and above.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JamboMac wrote: »

Hey, listen, I'm not going to defend the policy. It stinks and I agree, it hurts smaller teams.

But what else can I do? I've shifted all the dead weight from my team now, and I think the people who did buy players off me got them at a good price (I still think Sandro is the only player to go for double his price, and for the most part, I've not requested players in return either).

But it's also become quite clear I can pretty much settle on my current team as the team I'll have for the next few seasons, since I don't want to sell anyone, but no one will sell me any 89 or up players unless I offer them big players. I'm the very one who has bemoaned the transfer market for quite some time, but at the same time, I've still got to play it and try and compete in league one. And if I want to do business of any kind, I have to have some players to trade. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It is not ideal no,

What makes it worse is that I don't think people can loan out players rated 87/88 and above.

No I can only offer a loan to players to players 85 and below. 86+ says the "chairman wont allow this player out on loan". Sucks for most teams in division 4 id say (including myself).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It is not ideal no,

87 rated players can be loaned out,I've taken 2 on loan,depends on your squad depth I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    87 rated players can be loaned out,I've taken 2 on loan,depends on your squad depth I'd say

Yep, I'd an 88 last year. Just depends on the depth of the team you're loaning from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yep, I'd an 88 last year. Just depends on the depth of the team you're loaning from
    I'm not sure about that as I couldn't get a loan of certain player as the chairman wouldn't let him go to me but other clubs was fine

No I can only offer a loan to players to players 85 and below. 86+ says the "chairman wont allow this player out on loan". Sucks for most teams in division 4 id say (including myself).

PM'd and hopefull I can loan out my 85 CBs too once Roncaglia is back fighting fit!

Ill try put them up again later tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

If it is possible to loan 87 rated players, i've 3 FWDs at 87 ... I'll let one go if my chairman will let one go ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    If it is possible to loan 87 rated players, i've 3 FWDs at 87 ... I'll let one go if my chairman will let one go ...

Try too loan list them youll know then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement