Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Try too loan list them youll know then

You wont, I managed to get Luis Muriel on to the list only for my chairman to block when clubs came a calling for him!

Strange setup they have for the whole loan thing.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

You wont, I managed to get Luis Muriel on to the list only for my chairman to block when clubs came a calling for him!

Strange setup they have for the whole loan thing.....

You got that right!!! Sure I had Schar on loan for a large chunk of last season and suddenly this season the Chairman doesn't want to loan him.

A lot of the top rated players on the loan transfer list are like that actually. Really strange. The chairman allows the manager to put the player on the loan list but then refuses to loan them out!! :confused::confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote: »
    You got that right!!! Sure I had Schar on loan for a large chunk of last season and suddenly this season the Chairman doesn't want to loan him.

A lot of the top rated players on the loan transfer list are like that actually. Really strange. The chairman allows the manager to put the player on the loan list but then refuses to loan them out!! :confused::confused::rolleyes:

Yup, I managed to get Muriel and Florenzi on to the list, I have no problem sending them out but I doubt the chairman will accept, anyone who wants to try feel free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »

never knew this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yep, I'd an 88 last year. Just depends on the depth of the team you're loaning from

Did you loan the 88 in yourself though? I had a number of high 80 loans both at and out of my club when the game started.

However, trying to loan in or out anyone over 85 for me since then has been impossible. Some manage to list them, but then the chairman rejects actually agreeing to a loan which is pointless for all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

trudub83 wrote: »
    Have no intention of posting player names.

As GT_TDI said, get scouting.

But when I said full, I was on this morning and there are approx. 15-20 players on my shortlist rated level 89.

I can tell you now there isn't 1/3 of that amount at external clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Gonna stick with that policy Tottenham I see, the chances of this league being in any way fun for the bottom 3 leagues is very slim I'd like to say after this season but its already turning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

JamboMac wrote: »
    Gonna stick with that policy Tottenham I see, the chances of this league being in any way fun for the bottom 3 leagues is very slim I'd like to say after this season but its already turning

I could be persuaded to sell barrada(?spelling?)at the right(not extortionate) price

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I could be persuaded to sell barrada(?spelling?)at the right(not extortionate) price
    Unless I get a cash injection all I could offer is magic beans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Unless I get a cash injection all I could offer is magic beans

Then why are you bothered about Spurs buying up all the 88+ players :confused:

• Advertisement

Like I said, put in some bit of effort and go find them or do the leg work and approach other players on SM for a tip-off

I'm not looking for them, I know which ones are available.

I'm just questioning how many at external clubs would make someone think the market is full with them, or else my player search is broked.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Because they just want them as bartering chips where when I save up money I can by them without an extortionate price tags, if you have no chance on improving a team in the future then there no point in trying I did try to get one of the bigger clubs on offer last week (anzhi) but mr mac decided to give it to a noob instead

It called hoarding.

Even though he doesn't play them, it stops teams getting them that might actually need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Because they just want them as bartering chips where when I save up money I can by them without an extortionate price tags, if you have no chance on improving a team in the future then there no point in trying I did try to get one of the bigger clubs on offer last week (anzhi) but mr mac decided to give it to a noob instead

Thats odd as he normally goes to existing mgrs first, doesnt he have a separate thread for any jobs that come up?

But you don't have the money yet..

Any manager who's buying up 88+ players isn't doing anything wrong.
    If they want to use them as bartering chips then so be it.

I don't have enough money to build a team full of youth prospects.. and because of this I don't get annoyed at people buying them only to sell them when they rise.

I did try to get one of the bigger clubs on offer last week (anzhi) but mr mac decided to give it to a noob instead

As I explained I was just back from holidays and a bit all over the place. It was totally my error and you should have them and the new manager starting out at rangers but I cannot undo the mistake I'm afraid.

As I explained the next team that comes free ill ask you if your interested first before awarding it too a noob

tonic wine wrote: »
    It called hoarding.

Even though he doesn't play them, it stops teams getting them that might actually need them.

And since no rule against it.
    That's why people want a squad cap.. But i'd rather not get in to that.

Thats odd as he normally goes to existing mgrs first, doesnt he have a separate thread for any jobs that come up?
    I thought this also I posted in that and stated that I was the rangers manager, I think he might have seen that but he just feels it would be more of a pain for somebody to take over at rangers then other clubs, I still want to move but to a better club not when a club in a bad situation or player wise, I definitely would not have signed that Belgian

But you don't have the money yet..

Any manager who's buying up 88+ players isn't doing anything wrong.
    If they want to use them as bartering chips then so be it.

I don't have enough money to build a team full of youth prospects.. and because of this I don't get annoyed at people buying them only to sell them when they rise.
    That would be a first team for me not a youth squad

And since no rule against it.
    That's why people want a squad cap.. But i'd rather not get in to that.

Nooooooo see you guys on the other side of 10 pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think the problem is bigger team managers admitting to "hoovering up" all 88+ players. Creating a monopoly for the big teams, where they can sell these players on for extortionate prices, will only make the gameworld economy even worse than it is now.

If I wanted to "hoover up" all the 88s 89s 90s, I'd buy one 88 player and then have to save up for another 6 weeks before I could buy another. Never mind the 89s and 90s it would take me 12 weeks just to get 2 88 players.

I thought this also I posted in that and stated that I was the rangers manager, I think he might have seen that but he just feels it would be more of a pain for somebody to take over at rangers then other clubs, I still want to move but to a better club not when a club in a bad situation or player wise, I definitely would not have signed that Belgian

I did try to get one of the bigger clubs on offer last week (anzhi) but mr mac decided to give it to a noob instead

As I explained I was just back from holidays and a bit all over the place. It was totally my error and you should have them and the new manager starting out at rangers but I cannot undo the mistake I'm afraid.

As I explained the next team that comes free ill ask you if your interested first before awarding it too a noob

It's nothing too do with you personally I awarded a manager on the waiting list Anzi via a pm BEFORE I seen your interest. Other wise you'd be managing them now. If new managers don't want the free clubs thats tough on them! They cannot dictate!

It's nothing too do with you personally I awarded a manager on the waiting list Anzi via a pm BEFORE I seen your interest. Other wise you'd be managing them now. If new managers don't want the free clubs thats tough on them! They cannot dictate!

I know you already have a thread, and I know nothing can be done about the above situation now, but in future I think it would be an idea to have a separate thread for each job that comes up.

Those interested post in the thread to signify their interest, that way it becomes easier for you to see who has applied and to work it out.

If no current gameworld managers apply after an allotted time, then it becomes the job of the first person on the waiting list thread.

It probably was more irritating as with the transfer targets are every where but my way so when united become available even with other managers with higher rankings then me I'll get the role

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tonic wine wrote: »
    It called hoarding.

I've already said I don't like doing it, but I'm also not going to sit on my ass and let my team stagnate. The market, as it stands, requires players to trade in order to buy. What else am I meant to do, have 60m in the bank that's useless?

For the record as well...
    1. All of these players have been sitting at their clubs for a few months and no one has gone near them.
    2. I only bid a minimum bid; if any team offers a penny more than the minimum, they'll get them.
    3. I've not touched anyone over 25-26; despite what I said earlier, there actually are dozens of older 88s out in the external teams.

I've put 7 bids in right now. Of them, one of the players is actually a significant mark up on my current backup keeper. 2 are defenders, 2 are midfielders; I've not made a secret of how I feel I need back ups for those areas. So of the 7, five would actually be not for "hoarding" but as genuine back up and cover for my first team. I'm also hoping adding some players will let me send some out on loan as well.

And yes, the plan then would be next season break, I'll offload some or all of them. Some for profit; much as I have so far, mostly to lower teams at relatively fair prices. And some as trading chips.

That's how I feel I have to play the game in a way. I've spent a month trying to send the 60m I have out to other teams. I've sent in countless bids and inquiries. What else am I meant to do? I've made offers of 3 times some players values to real player managers, but have been turned down 99% of the time. So yeah. I've turned to externals. If anyone would rather offer me some first team players, or even back ups at face value, I'll send that money their way. But I can't even get 88s for under 200% of their value now.

I don't like doing it, but it's what I've got to do to keep the club ticking over :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Barca might be up for grabs...... (plz god, fingers and toes crossed)

he literally logs on once a month, hopefully he forgets this time and we can all finally do business with a new manager.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He logs on often enough tbh, but just doesn't acknowledge offers or PMs as often.

I had a bid in for Song for 3 weeks and I just withdrew it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

He logs on often enough tbh, but just doesn't acknowledge offers or PMs as often.

I had a bid in for Song for 3 weeks and I just withdrew it in the end

really pisses me off, cause we waited 2/3 weeks for him to accept the job and we all agreed to not buy any players and he wont acknowledge any of us. how i regret not buying Fabregas now :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

swoody wrote: »
    Barca might be up for grabs...... (plz god, fingers and toes crossed)

he literally logs on once a month, hopefully he forgets this time and we can all finally do business with a new manager.

:mad:

Does the guy in charge post here often even?

surely half of the fun is the banter on the forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement