Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

swoody wrote: »
    Barca might be up for grabs...... (plz god, fingers and toes crossed)

he literally logs on once a month, hopefully he forgets this time and we can all finally do business with a new manager.

:mad:

Where does one find the list of gameworld clubs and how many days it is since someone logged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

tonic wine wrote: »
    Where does one find the list of gameworld clubs and how many days it is since someone logged in?

They took away that feature :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I've already said I don't like doing it, but I'm also not going to sit on my ass and let my team stagnate. The market, as it stands, requires players to trade in order to buy. What else am I meant to do, have 60m in the bank that's useless?

For the record as well...
    1. All of these players have been sitting at their clubs for a few months and no one has gone near them.
    2. I only bid a minimum bid; if any team offers a penny more than the minimum, they'll get them.
    3. I've not touched anyone over 25-26; despite what I said earlier, there actually are dozens of older 88s out in the external teams.

I've put 7 bids in right now. Of them, one of the players is actually a significant mark up on my current backup keeper. 2 are defenders, 2 are midfielders; I've not made a secret of how I feel I need back ups for those areas. So of the 7, five would actually be not for "hoarding" but as genuine back up and cover for my first team. I'm also hoping adding some players will let me send some out on loan as well.

And yes, the plan then would be next season break, I'll offload some or all of them. Some for profit; much as I have so far, mostly to lower teams at relatively fair prices. And some as trading chips.

That's how I feel I have to play the game in a way. I've spent a month trying to send the 60m I have out to other teams. I've sent in countless bids and inquiries. What else am I meant to do? I've made offers of 3 times some players values to real player managers, but have been tudown 99% of the time. So yeah. I've turned to externals. If anyone would rather offer me some first team players, or even back ups at face value, I'll send that money their way. But I can't even get 88s for under 200% of their value now.

I don't like doing it, but it's what I've got to do to keep the club ticking over :/

This is no different to snapping up young players to turn a profit like some (more and more) are doing, its just on a larger scale ratings wise...

Whats wrong with that? Its basically asking a football manager not to sign players????

Anyone who has issue with this, see the Willian transfer in real life as a good example.

Spurs and Liverpool needed him a hell of a lot more than Chelsea yet where is he going????

Spurs have.nothing to apologise for or even explain here regards doing this...

Barca might be up for grabs...... (plz god, fingers and toes crossed)

he literally logs on once a month, hopefully he forgets this time and we can all finally do business with a new manager.

:mad:

Id love to see someone that is active.here get that to be honest.

If it does come up I wont be goin for it, but I do hope it comes up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd be interested in giving it a bash but we've no idea if he's inactive or just not replying to people buy still actually playing the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'd be interested in giving it a bash but we've no idea if he's inactive or just not replying to people buy still actually playing the game

Look at his team and see are all his players nmf... Also see his team tonight and then chevk after next game and see if theirs whole sale changes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

This is no different to snapping up young players to turn a profit like some (more and more) are doing, its just on a larger scale ratings wise...

Whats wrong with that? Its basically asking a football manager not to sign players????

Anyone who has issue with this, see the Willian transfer in real life as a good example.

Spurs and Liverpool needed him a hell of a lot more than Chelsea yet where is he going????

Spurs have.nothing to apologise for or even explain here regards doing this...
    How is this similiar to the William deal in real life?
    Have Spurs here come in with a bid to usurp some1 elses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

With all this talk of 88 rated players and people with cash having got nowhere to spend it

FOR SALE:

Name: A. Barrada
    Rating: 88
    Position: AM(RLC)
    Value: 5.27

I will accept cash only no p/e.
    I will NOT accept offers below 8.5m

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This game happened in the Shield tonight...

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/i3/521bc4581eb461-76021432

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is that a screen shot for ants?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Q people raiding both teams!! Ha ha ha!

*that shud be starting at 1.17
    "This screenshot needs to be at least...3 times bigger"

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    How is this similiar to the William deal in real life?
    Have Spurs here come in with a bid to usurp some1 elses?

Ehh...

May be you dont know, but Willian is off to Chelsea!!!!!!!

I.e. its chelsea snapping up players that others need!!!! Its exactly the same
    Chelsea guzumpt spurs!

Ehh...

Chelsea guzumpt spurs!
    Ya but if you're comparing it to some deal here then would some club(possibly small club) here have to be having a bid on some player they need. then spurs come in,offer more for the player they don't really need in order for deal to be similiar?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya but if you're comparing it to some deal here then would some club(possibly small club) here have to be having a bid on some player they need. then spurs come in,offer more for the player they don't really need in order for deal to be similiar?

But the point was clubs snapping up players when other clubs need them....

Willian off to Chelsea is a perfect example of that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Ehh...

I.e. its chelsea snapping up players that others need!!!! Its exactly the same
    Chelsea guzumpt spurs!
    I don't think this compares to what's happening and sorry if this looks like its a spurs bashing as they wouldn't be the only culprits it's just the way it worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

there lads, i zoomed in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

74875e60f623cc214d4afe9935b76d3a.png

I think the point is, and it's right...I've not bid on anyone that someone else was already after. I think most were shortlisted, and one now has two bids gone in since I opened biddings, but I'm not "stealing" anyone like Chelsea kind of did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

there lads, i zoomed in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

74875e60f623cc214d4afe9935b76d3a.png

had a bid in for bianchi the other day then withdrew it because i actually think he's ****e.
    then he goes and does this :rolleyes:

JamboMac wrote: »
    I don't think this compares to what's happening and sorry if this looks like its a spurs bashing as they wouldn't be the only culprits it's just the way it worked out

Sooo.....

Chelsea are not signing players so others cant have them???

Hmmmm....

Lads, come on. Its exactly the same!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It really isn't the same mate.

Sooo.....

Chelsea are not signing players so others cant have them???

Woah now. I'm not signing players so others can't have them. I'm signing players no one else has gone after. Bit of a difference there. :pac:

typical spurs, cheating and hogging all the talent as usual......! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Woah now. I'm not signing players so others can't have them. I'm signing players no one else has gone after. Bit of a difference there. :pac:

Exactly. And I'm pretty certain that you've also stated that you haven't outbid anyone either for these particular players. Just bid the minimum amount. I think that's fair enough really. If you can get a player for the minimum amount then it can only be because nobody else bid, ergo nobody else wanted him or spotted him.

EDIT: I should state that I have no problem with what you're doing, and to be honest, I didn't even realise it would have been an issue!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Exactly. And I'm pretty certain that you've also stated that you haven't outbid anyone either for these particular players. Just bid the minimum amount. I think that's fair enough really. If you can get a player for the minimum amount then it can only be because nobody else bid, ergo nobody else wanted him or spotted him.

Yeap.

One of the 7 now has three bids. I bid 0.1m more than his value, and that's cause his value isn't actually (example figures) 5.8, but 5.867 etc. While I'd be tempted to up the bid cause I like the look of him, if either of the other two have bid 0.2m more than his value, they win him. The other six are also their value + 0.1m. Anyone bids on them either, they can have them. Its not like Januzaj where I bid over 10 times his value cause I really, really wanted him; these are all players who have been sitting on external teams for months now (afaik, none of them have had any transfers since the game world started).

As for the issue, I think it's arisen cause I was open about the fact I'm looking to buy for the intents of selling on at a later date. I've also said all will act as cover in the mean time, and will add that I've aimed for potential risers, so they may even stick round. But I'm not going to sugar coat intentions and pretend I think I'm signing the next Bale. :P The deals will be made for the long term success of the club I run.

Yeap.

One of the 7 now has three bids. I bid 0.1m more than his value, and that's cause his value isn't actually (example figures) 5.8, but 5.867 etc. While I'd be tempted to up the bid cause I like the look of him, if either of the other two have bid 0.2m more than his value, they win him. The other six are also their value + 0.1m. Anyone bids on them either, they can have them. Its not like Januzaj where I bid over 10 times his value cause I really, really wanted him; these are all players who have been sitting on external teams for months now (afaik, none of them have had any transfers since the game world started).

As for the issue, I think it's arisen cause I was open about the fact I'm looking to buy for the intents of selling on at a later date. I've also said all will act as cover in the mean time, and will add that I've aimed for potential risers, so they may even stick round. But I'm not going to sugar coat intentions and pretend I think I'm signing the next Bale. :P The deals will be made for the long term success of the club I run.

I believe it was just fodder no intention of keeping or being cover was mentioned and as for clubs not putting in bids it's because they can't not that don't want to improve there squad and this will make it harder not easier for any of us minnows

i can see it now.....

Jambo grows distant from his job at Rangers but manages to get a top job in D1. soon after he starts proclaiming himself as "the chosen one" and start slating others for not being as good as him and becomes public enemy no1.

wait! this sound familiar.

i can see it now.....

Jambo grows distant from his job at Rangers but managers to get a top job in D1. soon after he starts proclaiming himself as "the chosen one" and start slating others for not being as good as him and becomes public enemy no1.

wait! this sound familiar.
    I don't think I deserve a division 1 team necessarily, just not one in the position of rangers and with manager turn over rate I'm not exactly a noob as for Jose reference I can't pull off the sweaters.

Ok....

Its not the same.....

So basically people are complaing that spurs are signing players that NOBODY has an interest in????

If the above statement is true then that makes the whole argument in the first place even more pointless than it already is, that means your complaining cause he is playing SM...

If its not true and you ARE interested (like spurs and liverpool on Willian) then im sorry but it is the same....

Chelsea arw hoovering up players... for god sake they have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Ramirez, lampard.....

Does it sound like they need another attacking 'in the hole' player?

Real.life hoovering lads....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JamboMac wrote: »
    I don't think I deserve a division 1 team necessarily, just not one in the position of rangers and with manager turn over rate I'm not exactly a noob as for Jose reference I can't pull off the sweaters.

How long have you had rangers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement