Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Jambo a team like yours should be staying well clear of doing transfers with the 79 other managers as you'll just be ripped off. also i'd nearly advise not bidding for external players as well, unless your getting him under the radar. basically you need to buy 87/88 rated free agents at 75% their value. then sell at a profit and buy another 87/88 rated player. eventually you'll get a team worth winning D4. first you need to reduce your squad, build up revenue and work from there.

i'm doing this with Cork City in another game world, this is my team so far after multiple transfers since April.

3af98cbd0a11543b6bfb3221e97d5a95.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How long have you had rangers?
    10 games July 7th don't know what difference it makes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JamboMac wrote: »
    10 games July 7th don't know what difference it makes

Why you looking rid of them so fast? Why not try build a successful team instead of threatening to quit if you don't get a better team

Ok....

Its not the same.....

So basically people are complaing that spurs are signing players that NOBODY has an interest in????

If the above statement is true then that makes the whole argument in the first place even more pointless than it already is, that means your complaining cause he is playing SM...

If its not true and you ARE interested (like spurs and liverpool on Willian) then im sorry but it is the same....

Chelsea arw hoovering up players... for god sake they have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Ramirez, lampard.....

Does it sound like they need another attacking 'in the hole' player?

Real.life hoovering lads....

I think people are annoyed that he's buying up the 88s and causing inflation in the market which is already pretty bad.

That's my interpretation, I don't have an opinion on the situation, or atleast I don't have one yet

Why you looking rid of them so fast? Why not try build a successful team instead of threatening to quit if you don't get a better team
    I didn't really threaten to quit I was just peeved and other managers have only lasted a game or two before they jumped ship braga must hold some sort of record at this stage, as I said I would to be able to improve my squad but by the time I save up the money every player will have gone and I don't mind other small clubs who actually need them to improve there squad but people monopolising players that they have no use for, buying players for buying sake is not what any real world club does, the Chelsea thing is in a few years Chelsea will still be there and these players will have developed and some will have gone to different clubs on loan in the next couple of days and some will be sold as well whereas in this game that doesn't happen they are put in storage cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The double standards by some in this gameworld are ridiculous

swoody wrote: »
    Jambo a team like yours should be staying well clear of doing transfers with the 79 other managers as you'll just be ripped off. also i'd nearly advise not bidding for external players as well, unless your getting him under the radar. basically you need to buy 87/88 rated free agents at 75% their value. then sell at a profit and buy another 87/88 rated player. eventually you'll get a team worth winning D4. first you need to reduce your squad, build up revenue and work from there.

i'm doing this with Cork City in another game world, this is my team so far after multiple transfers since April.

3af98cbd0a11543b6bfb3221e97d5a95.png
    So your advice is don't compete for anything and these players which are owned throughout our game world will fall into my lap, not much fun if you can't compete, might as well just sign in every 29 days with that sort attitude.

The double standards by some in this gameworld are ridiculous

Do go on...

Do go on...

If I put in a good bid for a player on a certain team, and it's rejected, then a few weeks later the manager puts in a similar bid for an obviously far better player on my team. Why bother?

If you don't sell to me I don't sell to you, especially insulting me, knowing that the manager values a lesser player on his team at more than he's wanting to pay for the better player on my team.

You can't have it both ways is the message here really, and a good few managers are guilty of it

If I put in a good bid for a player on a certain team, and it's rejected, then a few weeks later the manager puts in a similar bid for an obviously far better player on my team. Why bother?

If you don't sell to me I don't sell to you, especially insulting me, knowing that the manager values a lesser player on his team at more than he's wanting to pay for the better player on my team.

You can't have it both ways is the message here really, and a good few managers are guilty of it

Yep. I try to buy externals most of the time, saves all the hassle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Any background to this?

Has he told you before he doesn't want to sell.. Or any bad dealings between the two of you?

If it is as you say and that's what he's looking for, it really is ridiculous

Only seeing this now. I have had a lot of bids from the Real manager for a number of my players, my counter offer was meant partly as a joke. I say "partly" because I know it's a ridiculous demand but at the same time it would take a bid like that for me to sell my best player.

What frustrates me is the Madrid manager made a ludicrous counter offer not so long ago of 40 Million plus Aguero in exchange for Benzema. Yet he will call me out on my "ridiculous" counter offer. When I brought this up he just ignored me.

Yep. I try to buy externals most of the time, saves all the hassle

Probably better doing that myself.

Just a word of advice to the smaller teams, don't sell your talent to the bigger teams unless you're getting the same back. I've seen a lot of managers sell their big players and they're effectively downgrading on what they had. Once the bigger teams hover up all the talent there's no real reason for them to do business with the rest of us, until maybe a few seasons when we might get lucky with some youth player turning into a superstar.

Malaga and Isco are the main ones I can think of at the moment, don't sell him!

I'm keeping Oscar until he starts rising, and Coentrao won't be going anywhere unless I get a 91 or 2 90s in exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Malaga and Isco are the main ones I can think of at the moment, don't sell him

Yeah I took him off the TL a few days ago.. I can honestly say there wasn't one bid that piqued my interest.

So your advice is don't compete for anything and these players which are owned throughout our game world will fall into my lap, not much fun if you can't compete, might as well just sign in every 29 days with that sort attitude.

eh no!

your a small club so the best way forward for you is to buy free agents and sell them on once you can and buy another......where are you getting that you cant compete and only should log in once every 29 days? :confused:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah I took him off the TL a few days ago.. I can honestly say there wasn't one bid that piqued my interest.

I'm in the same boat man.

You'd never get a replacement, keep him for a few seasons

you nearly sold him to me for Marchisio and Pogba ;)

but, i told you not to sell and to play him further up the pitch and "BOOM" 2 goals! :cool:

you nearly sold him to me for Marchisio

Yeah but your stupid chairman put an end to that pretty quickly :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I believe it was just fodder no intention of keeping or being cover was mentioned and as for clubs not putting in bids it's because they can't not that don't want to improve there squad and this will make it harder not easier for any of us minnows

It's mostly for fodder. It's partially for cover. But it feels as if you're saying that not only should I not be buying players from external clubs, I should just leave them to sit there indefinitely in case anyone decides to take them later.

So, right now, I can't buy 90+ players since no one wants to sell them. I can't buy 88-89 rated players from managers because those who will sell them will only do so for crazy prices and deals. And now I can't buy from externals because someone, some time, might want them to. Can't buy first team, can't buy cover, can't buy players to sell off later.

Who is it ok for me to buy? Or would you leave the money in the bank to look at and go "Oooh, you used to mean something."

There's still dozens upon dozens of 88-87s sitting in external teams; granted most over 26, but still plenty to strengthen lower division teams. I also think you're wrong that it makes it harder for the "minnows"; for one, many will likely go out on loan to the lower leagues. And after that, when I go to sell them, many will likely go to the lower leagues as well. Yes, for a price more than they would have if people went and scouted them themselves. But it strikes me the vast majority of players aren't scouring the external teams, and for many, the only way they'll "discover" these players is when another team buys them and then transfer lists them at a later date.

In the mean time, any team who wants to bid on the players have had months to do so, and can still easily outbid me if they have the cash. But if you don't have the cash, and you havent even "called" a player, it's not really fair to get all high and mighty cause I've decided to purchase him, no matter my reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

In the mean time, any team who wants to bid on the players have had months to do so, and can still easily outbid me if they have the cash. But if you don't have the cash, and you havent even "called" a player, it's not really fair to get all high and mighty cause I've decided to purchase him, no matter my reasons.

To be fair there's not much 'high and mighty-ness' going on. Even the person who brought it up said that they didn't blame you for doing it. It's just people making an observation about the broken nature of the game and acknowledging the downsides of having teams hoover up lots of talent and what it may mean a couple of seasons down the line.

There should either be a cap on squad sizes or there should be a proper system of spiralling expenses which makes it too impractical to carry a huge squad. That there isn't isn't the fault of anyone playing the game and acknowledging that problems exist isn't the same as moaning at any one person about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Only seeing this now. I have had a lot of bids from the Real manager for a number of my players, my counter offer was meant partly as a joke. I say "partly" because I know it's a ridiculous demand but at the same time it would take a bid like that for me to sell my best player.

What frustrates me is the Madrid manager made a ludicrous counter offer not so long ago of 40 Million plus Aguero in exchange for Benzema. Yet he will call me out on my "ridiculous" counter offer. When I brought this up he just ignored me.

This is where insults start.....if it is'nt goog enough just reject it.Real should have just rejected the original offer instead of going bananas.

• Advertisement

I didn't really threaten to quit I was just peeved and other managers have only lasted a game or two before they jumped ship braga must hold some sort of record at this stage, as I said I would to be able to improve my squad but by the time I save up the money every player will have gone and I don't mind other small clubs who actually need them to improve there squad but people monopolising players that they have no use for, buying players for buying sake is not what any real world club does, the Chelsea thing is in a few years Chelsea will still be there and these players will have developed and some will have gone to different clubs on loan in the next couple of days and some will be sold as well whereas in this game that doesn't happen they are put in storage cupboard.

This will change buddy.I have a lot of gameworlds were I have been king of the castle for a while hoarding players.Soccer manager is actively making it harder for teams with large squads to operate.Increasing wages and reducing the amount you can offer for new players.Plus my own chairman now over values my own players so they can no longer be used in player exchanges for external players.........IT WILL CHANGE,KEEP THE FAITH.

MAGOO EVENTUALLY SIGNS A DECENT LB!!!

SL Benfica have broken their transfer record by signing José ÁNGEL from AS Roma for 10,000,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's not that difficult to improve your squad anyway. My Panathinaikos team when I took it a month ago had no money and had Boumsong as my fourth best player at 87 rated. Now he and one other 87 are the worst players in my first XI. I had to sell an 89 to raise funds but I've been able to bring in a team of 88s easily enough.

The issue I guess is that I don't see how I can improve beyond this level without hoping for one player to get a rating increase to 90-91 and trading that player out for a couple of 89s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The issue I guess is that I don't see how I can improve beyond this level without hoping for one player to get a rating increase to 90-91 and trading that player out for a couple of 89s.

You've done a solid job there bud!

Rubin Garcia went up to 86 today. I've had him loan listed from when he was 83, so hopefully the chairman won't bloke a move if someone wants him since I can't loan out anyone over 85.

zQR6i1P.jpg
    Just went up from 89-90.. Only bought him a few days ago:cool:

zQR6i1P.jpg
    Just went up from 89-90.. Only bought him a few days ago:cool:

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

I just realised people have old greats in their teams!!! Pele Maradonna Cryuff Charlton etc....:eek: Are these player useable in the league???:eek:

Forget it! Realised I loaded a random data pack that changes current players names!! Duh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

If people are stil looking for 85's right up to 89's then Udinese would be happy to do business.

Stay away from the rip off merchants that's all I'll say

• Advertisement

Ruben Garcia went up to 86 today. I've had him loan listed from when he was 83, so hopefully the chairman won't bloke a move if someone wants him since I can't loan out anyone over 85.

scratch that he's now a first team (sub).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement