Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

fC Twente, sorry, hit accept by mistake, hence why I accepted and then immediately cancelled. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I should probably go gold again..

Just seen I lost 2-1 to AS Saint-Etienne the other day.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lads I don't know about the rest of you, but I think cancelling a deal after accepting it is bang out if order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lads I don't know about the rest of you, but I think cancelling a deal after accepting it is bang out if order

Why? Things happen that can change your mind and people should be allowed to do so. I haven't done it myself but I can understand there are many reasons why a manager would

Why? Things happen that can change your mind and people should be allowed to do so. I haven't done it myself but I can understand there are many reasons why a manager would

You can accept or reject a deal in my eyes, cancelling should only be an option if you've pressed the wrong button or there's a glitch in the game.

Accepting an offer I've made would mean I take all other offers I've made for players out so that I have sufficient funds to actually do the transfer. The deal is done if the manager accepts it.

I won't be doing business with anyone that I see doing it because I'm not getting stung after withdrawing my bids

• Advertisement

Well in some cases the manager accepts it by accident, (As in the Spurs manager's case above),

With using my phone most of the time to accept and reject deals and having fat fingers I sometimes press accept BY ACCIDENT sometimes but cancel it straight away! These things happen!

Accepting an offer I've made would mean I take all other offers I've made for players out so that I have sufficient funds to actually do the transfer. The deal is done if the manager accepts it.

By the way, I don't do it and I never have but these things happen in the real world! Happens on transfer deadline day EVERY year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I won't be doing business with anyone that I see doing it because I'm not getting stung after withdrawing my bids

You must be running out of people to do business with at this rate..

pepper180 wrote: »
    By the way, I don't do it and I never have but these things happen in the real world! Happens on transfer deadline day EVERY year!

No it doesn't, it happens once in a proverbial blue moon.

Mikel to United is the much lauded one by Chelsea fans where the deal was accepted and the player apparently signed and the it was cancelled and he was on his way to Chelsea

They're extremely rare occurrences

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You must be running out of people to do business with at this rate..

I'd say there's a good 60 managers who are still great to do buisness with, but there's a core bunch who for one reason or another, I won't be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, going back to the one I posted this morning...

I hit "reject", went to choose the reason and when I did, I clicked "Accept" instead of "Reject" by mistake. As soon as I did, I clicked "Cancel Deal" and posted on here.

As I said, everybody can hit a wrong button and make mistakes

But it's happened to me before where I've put in a bid over the asking price for a player, it was accepted, I withdrew other bids on 3 or 4 players to make sure I had the money, then it's canceled and another bid a few hundred thousand over mine is accepted. I obviously send a message to see what the story is and I'm told a higher price was agreed by the two managers, after he'd seen the price in my accepted bid, and also the manager would get "first choice" of players on the other team in the future.

Now I've lost out on a player, and I could have lost out on the other players I originally had bids in for as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't know about others, but when I am on the phone I have had to stop answering until I get near a laptop,

Too easy to hit accept by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I don't know about others, but when I am on the phone I have had to stop answering until I get near a laptop,

Too easy to hit accept by mistake.

here's a screen shot from my phone.....

1237017_10152246280284968_1945985027_n.jpg

make your own conclusions.

swoody wrote: »
    here's a screen shot from my phone.....

make your own conclusions.

Mine is totally different!
    Would prefer mine to look like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone looking for a friendly?

Fenerbache.

Mine is totally different!
    Would prefer mine to look like that.

you need to buy a smartphone and stop using a potato.

7.2M for Yannick Ferreira Carrasco :eek: Napoli are you Mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

7.2M for Yannick Ferreira Carrasco :eek: Napoli are you Mad?

I think it's fairly obvious that i am!!!!:D:D

Sure fook it, i have money and nobody will sell anybody, i wanted to make sure i outbid the other teams.

I am surprised more weren't in for him to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Also something i just noticed now...He is from Belgium and therfore brilliant!!

• Advertisement

you need to buy a smartphone and stop using a potato.

I have, am on a HTC one x, must just be the way it formats it.

Got rid of the potato, was still credit on it and all.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I think it's fairly obvious that i am!!!!:D:D

Sure fook it, i have money and nobody will sell anybody, i wanted to make sure i outbid the other teams.

I am surprised more weren't in for him to be honest!

i knew he signed for Monaco but didn't realize he's 1st choice in the team......you may of just got a bargain actually, now that i think about it! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Got rid of the potato, was still credit on it and all.

You got rid of the Potato :eek:

My still on the Spud X1:o

had my bid accepted for Cédric Hountondji. he will be my 4th Rennes signing :eek:

Anybody free tonight for a friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anybody free tonight for a friendly?

Fenerbache

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Stephen KENNY has completed his move to SS Lazio from Cork City for 230,000

Right hands up whoever has signed someone they know!!!!!!!

Ha ha! My buddies brother!!!! Good player too!

You inspired me to go out and do this

Ronan MURRAY has completed his move to Athletic Club from Notts County for 430,000

He went to school with my younger brother - one of the politest children I've ever met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

You inspired me to go out and do this

Ronan MURRAY has completed his move to Athletic Club from Notts County for 430,000

He went to school with my younger brother - one of the politest children I've ever met.

Buy local! Help the economy and all that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'd say there's a good 60 managers who are still great to do buisness with, but there's a core bunch who for one reason or another, I won't be.

Am i on the good list? Please let me be on the good list!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Am i on the good list? Please let me be on the good list!

2793196.jpg

Of course

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement