Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Anyone looking for friendlies send requests my way. Chivas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    an 89 rated FCP player has instructed his agent to look for a new club!!

Name: GRANERO, Esteban
    Position: DM,AM(C),M(RC)
    Rating: 89
    Face Value: 7.7M

Again, no p/e's just nice crispy 250px-Euro_banknotes.png

I'm expecting at least 16m for him. (I'm going to make bids public on this fellow btw so no point in making undisclosed bid)

As my access will be limited over the next few days, I'll accept the highest bid on Sunday @22:00.

Dont forget guys, tomorrow evening i'm accepting a bid on Granero

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Clemens FRITZ has completed his move to Shakhtar Donetsk from Bremen for 5,900,000

Thank you Shaktar. 6m for a 33 year old rated 88 LB. Now I have the funds for Granero.

I'm coming for him GT_TDI_150

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Anyone looking for friendlies send requests my way. Chivas

Sent one to you there

Bremen :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Likewise with the friendlies. Think I've got a few set up now, but still free for tonight if anyone wants to take a crack at me :D Spurs

• Advertisement

Sent you a request there Chivas ...

Sorry Spurs, my calender is full for the season, I'll keep you in mind in case some one backs out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Neil Taylor still for sale if anyone is interested, 8m. Decent backup for a division 2 side or first choice for some division 3 or 4 sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Likewise with the friendlies. Think I've got a few set up now, but still free for tonight if anyone wants to take a crack at me :D Spurs

ill play ya, spartak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    3vn7kq.jpg
    Looks like Isco got his +1

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Have sent you a request there, Genoa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Anyone for a friendly?? I am Palermo

5,000,000 plus Miralem PJANIĆ for Stevan JOVETIC..

Decent deal for Porto.. There's a good chance of Pjanic getting a +1
    I also don't see Jovetic getting much game time at Man City.

Also good to see Barcelona making deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    5,000,000 plus Miralem PJANIĆ for Stevan JOVETIC..

Decent deal for Porto.. There's a good chance of Pjanic getting a +1
    I also don't see Jovetic getting much game time at Man City.

Also good to see Barcelona making deals.

If only I had the cash I would have moved for Jovetic.

I think Barca got the better of that deal, Jovetic won't drop in ratings unless he's left on the bench all season which isn't going to happen, he was bought by Pellegrini and the reason he hasn't been played yet is because he's coming back from injury.

It would be different if Pjanic got his move to Spurs, but I don't see how he'll get a +1 in a badly performing Roma team who's highest league position is 6th in the last 3 years. They're not even in Europe and haven't been for the last 2 seasons.

Edit: the more I look at it the stranger that deal seemed to me until I saw that Porto have a bid in for Afellay also, so giving Jovetic on the cheap for Pjanic probably sweetens the deal for Afellay

It's effectively Afellay + Pjanic for Jovetic but done in a way which bypasses the chairman I'm guessing

If only I had the cash I would have moved for Jovetic.

I think Barca got the better of that deal, Jovetic won't drop in ratings unless he's left on the bench all season which isn't going to happen, he was bought by Pellegrini and the reason he hasn't been played yet is because he's coming back from injury.

It would be different if Pjanic got his move to Spurs, but I don't see how he'll get a +1 in a badly performing Roma team who's highest league position is 6th in the last 3 years. They're not even in Europe and haven't been for the last 2 seasons.

Edit: the more I look at it the stranger that deal seemed to me until I saw that Porto have a bid in for Afellay also, so giving Jovetic on the cheap for Pjanic probably sweetens the deal for Afellay

It's effectively Afellay + Pjanic for Jovetic but done in a way which bypasses the chairman I'm guessing

I had some offers/enquiries about jovetic but i couldnt justify doing a deal unless i got a direct replacement... Eg. A dc for an amc would weaken me too much up front

Was reading through this thread from the start this morning and I have a question, at what point does the player hoarding cross the line?

I've seen one team close to 200 players, will it take 300 for it to be ridiculous?

It's gotten enough mentions now to be looked into I think, maybe a poll should be set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Was reading through this thread from the start this morning and I have a question, at what point does the player hoarding cross the line?

I've seen one team close to 200 players, will it take 300 for it to be ridiculous?

It's gotten enough mentions now to be looked into I think, maybe a poll should be set up
    u love your polls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

People forget the most critical thing about all these rules. If soccermanager haven't got a rule in place then it will be absolutely impossible for me too enforce this! I can't monitor 80 clubs too make sure they are all under the squad cap and even if they go above it I cannot do anything too stop them or punish them

MrMac84 wrote: »
    People forget the most critical thing about all these rules. If soccermanager haven't got a rule in place then it will be absolutely impossible for me too enforce this! I can't monitor 80 clubs too make sure they are all under the squad cap and even if they go above it I cannot do anything too stop them or punish them

Was about to post the same thing.

It's pointless trying to enforce a squad cap... Especially when there's isn't any rules against hoarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

i'd imagine that 175 of the 200 players are young lads that he bought hoping they might rise in the future.
    i'd imagine that between 3 and 8 of the 175 young lads might come good.
    therefore, it's not really hoarding players. he's simply doing us all a favor and taking some of the ****e off the market.

At least you've started a conversation for the night :p

• Advertisement

At least you've started a conversation for the night :p

What I wanted ;)

From reading the thread the good points are dotted around on different pages, so it would be good to see the argument for and against it.

It's not like it would be impossible to check the teams, I checked half of them there and it only took 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

What I wanted ;)

From reading the thread the good points are dotted around on different pages, so it would be good to see the argument for and against it.

It's not like it would be impossible to check the teams, I checked half of them there and it only took 5 minutes.

Should start a new thread on this issue, its important enough that it keeps surfacing every couple of days, but it just ends up cloging this whole thread up

image_zpsf4ea5d99.jpg

image_zps5df972c8.jpg

image_zpse68325b9.jpg

image_zps71c3bd0c.jpg

I personally think 60 players is more than enough, and most teams fall within that. 30 useable squad, and 30 youth if needed. Anything over that is needless, and 3 times that is ridiculous.

image_zpsf4ea5d99.jpg

image_zps5df972c8.jpg

image_zpse68325b9.jpg

image_zps71c3bd0c.jpg

I personally think 60 players is more than enough, and most teams fall within that. 30 useable squad, and 30 youth if needed. Anything over that is needless, and 3 times that is ridiculous.

SM has put some measures in place (wages increasing when rating rise, loanees wages only 1/2 getting paid by loan club, ...)

If Sm allow it i see no reason to change tge rules, im sure the wage bills are high enough at tge teams with 100+ players

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Same shï* different page....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It's just a game, some people take this way too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Fcuk me not this sh1t again.

Fcuk me not this sh1t again.

Ffs

Great contribution :rolleyes:

It pops up in the thread nearly every second day so would it not be better to resolve it so that it won't keep coming up.

Ffs

Great contribution :rolleyes:

It pops up in the thread nearly every second day so would it not be better to resolve it so that it won't keep coming up.

I apologise if this is incorrect but isnt it you that brings it up most times?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

How people chose to spend their money is up to them imo. Realistically, a lot of managers have a lot of cash they can't spend other than on free agents, newly added players and so on. If Juvi feels it's financially viable, then that's his decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement