Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ffs, there's been multiple players I'd easily have paid for when I had cash going in the last few days. Have 60m for 2 months, no one wants to deal. Invest all my cash and suddenly everyone is available :rolleyes:

For what it's worth Munster, I'd have easily given you the 20m a week ago for Shawcross. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Ffs, there's been multiple players I'd easily have paid for when I had cash going in the last few days. Have 60m for 2 months, no one wants to deal. Invest all my cash and suddenly everyone is available :rolleyes:

For what it's worth Munster, I'd have easily given you the 20m a week ago for Shawcross. :(

It's only 16m for Shawcross, 20m for Sissoko

I know what you are saying, I wouldn't have signed Dempsey if I knew people were going to start selling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Maybe I missed something but when you say 'suddenly eveeyones available' who????

What I mean is yes there arw players on the transfer list, but for the love.of god they are complicated 'players only' transfers....

Now as I said I may have missed somerthing but who is available?

Maybe "available" is the wrong term, but there's transfers happening I'm very jealous of.

Shawcross for 16m; I had put in inquires before, cause I thought he'd be a good back up for my team. Granero is another one I'd have tried to snap up if I hadn't just spent all my cash on long term investments.

Vermaelen moved from Arsenal to Udinese for 30m. Well jealous of Jovetic to Barca (again, have inquired before and told said manager think he's a good talent), and meanwhile Allefey and Pjanic moving in the other direction. Tevez for 42m is a bargain imo. Young and Feghouli, especially the later who went for under double his price, 25m despite being a 90 rated player.

Maybe "everyone's available" is a tad OTT in describing the market, but there's some moves going on that have made me very jealous, and some I'd have happily matched or bettered if I had the cash and had known they were happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I got a budget of 8.2m, stop moaning :(

• Advertisement

Maybe "available" is the wrong term, but there's transfers happening I'm very jealous of.

Shawcross for 16m; I had put in inquires before, cause I thought he'd be a good back up for my team. Granero is another one I'd have tried to snap up if I hadn't just spent all my cash on long term investments.

Vermaelen moved from Arsenal to Udinese for 30m. Well jealous of Jovetic to Barca (again, have inquired before and told said manager think he's a good talent), and meanwhile Allefey and Pjanic moving in the other direction. Tevez for 42m is a bargain imo. Young and Feghouli, especially the later who went for under double his price, 25m despite being a 90 rated player.

Maybe "everyone's available" is a tad OTT in describing the market, but there's some moves going on that have made me very jealous, and some I'd have happily matched or bettered if I had the cash and had known they were happening.

Ah yeah I get ya, I just thought maybe I missed something and there was a mass transfer listing!

I feel your pain on a different scale, if I didnt bring in Bendtner as cover I could have had 2 young players ive been chasing up for a while! I know.its not the same as big signings but I know what your getting at!

Hernanes is available in saying that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I had not intended to sell Jovetic but when it meant i would end up with affelay AND pjanic it was deal on...

Deal have to make sence, i've been asked if i was willing to swap jovetic for GKs or DEFs, which would strenghten by back 5 but significantly weaken my front 3-4, so i could never do those deals

I'd have swapped Aguero + cash for Heskey.

:pac:

Fixed!

I'd have swapped Aguero + cash for Jovetic.

:pac:
    Now you tell me :p

Edit: id still need a second player

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Offered Pato and cash at one stage for Jovetic and was told he wasnt for sale - You win some you lose some eh?

Kinda glad I didnt in the end though, wouldnt of had the cash to buy Defoe, Gylfi, Forlan, Dawson, hopefully Granero ;) and of course Rossco

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I had not intended to sell Jovetic but when it meant i would end up with affelay AND pjanic it was deal on...

Deal have to make sence, i've been asked if i was willing to swap jovetic for GKs or DEFs, which would strenghten by back 5 but significantly weaken my front 3-4, so i could never do those deals

Oh yeah, dont get me wrong, it was a solid deal and I think you've put together a really good team. Was just using it as an example of a deal that I am jealous of. The others, particularly the cash ones, I also am jealous of and would love to have gotten in on the action :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads after all the confusion with the Anzhi job I'm going too give the benefit of the doubt too the current manager and let him in place. Others have quit accidentally before and been re awarded their job and I see no difference here

Jumbo Mac was awarded Anzhi based on the manager quitting! He is still top of the list for a new club from Divison 3r4 tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads after all the confusion with the Anzhi job I'm going too give the benefit of the doubt too the current manager and let him in place. Others have quit accidentally before and been re awarded their job and I see no difference here

Jumbo Mac was awarded Anzhi based on the manager quitting! He is still top of the list for a new club from Divison 3r4 tho!
    I have no issue with this only was annoyed he started attacking me as a person

JamboMac wrote: »

I see things got heated today so can we all agree too move on from here and let it as is? It's rare for warnings too be handed out here or for a mod too have too step in (ahem pepper180 :) ) so let's all focus on the games tonight and whatnot..

Oh yeah, dont get me wrong, it was a solid deal and I think you've put together a really good team. Was just using it as an example of a deal that I am jealous of. The others, particularly the cash ones, I also am jealous of and would love to have gotten in on the action :)

I gathered it wasnt a dig at me but i felt i had to point out why the deal with barca worked for me because some might wonder why their offer wasnt accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

JamboMac wrote: »

You're right, I shouldn't have attacked you as a person and I apologise for that.

I didn't like your actions, and I don't believe I would act similarly if our situations were reversed, but that doesn't mean that a personal attack is ok or acceptable. It won't happen again.

Mac, thanks for this. Much appreciated.

If possible can you reinstate me before 8pm, we have a league match this evening!!

Iago wrote: »
    Mac, thanks for this. Much appreciated.

If possible can you reinstate me before 8pm, we have a league match this evening!!

I'm sorry I'm no where near a laptop and I cannot do it via mobile

Ill do it ASAP

I'm sorry I'm no where near a laptop and I cannot do it via mobile

Ill do it ASAP

No problem, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No problem, cheers.

Who are you the manager of?

• Advertisement

Who are you the manager of?

Anzhi

As people will start logging in here before/after tonights matches, one more plug for Granero...
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    an 89 rated FCP player has instructed his agent to look for a new club!!

Name: GRANERO, Esteban
    Position: DM,AM(C),M(RC)
    Rating: 89
    Face Value: 7.7M

Again, no p/e's just nice crispy 250px-Euro_banknotes.png

I'm expecting at least 16m for him. (I'm going to make bids public on this fellow btw so no point in making undisclosed bid)

I'll accept the highest bid on Sunday @22:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Does everyone only play players when 100% fit or whats the lowest rating you'd play someone at. I have a few in the mid 90's before tonights game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Does everyone only play players when 100% fit or whats the lowest rating you'd play someone at. I have a few in the mid 90's before tonights game

Mid 90's is grand, lower than 90 i'd try and change player if possible

eh i dunno wrote: »

Depends on ratings and importance of player tbh, but for the most part, I'd let them drop into the 80s.

BUT, if there's a cup game, I might rest regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anzhi

Did you quit by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Fixed!

You've got a deal man...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

It's rare for warnings too be handed out here or for a mod too have too step in (ahem pepper180 :) )

Damnit Mac I stepped in earlier when they were bitching! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

pepper180 wrote: »
    Damnit Mac I stepped in earlier when they were bitching! :(

I noticed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

Pompey vs Roma tonight, away from home as well. Not to confident as they have a great team, tried something fancy formation wise it will probably result in me getting another hammering like last week :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement