Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Portsmouth have rejected the friendly challenge to play Real Madrid.

Okay-Funny-Meme-Face.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

pepper180 wrote: »

Okay-Funny-Meme-Face.gif
    Are you drawing these potatoes or finding them on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Balls! Inter loose again and now sit joint bottom of div 2 :eek:. I think I better either change tactics / panic / buy someone / panic again / shout at the players or blame the referee!

I thought you were going to equalise in final minutes, nail biting finish.
    Didn't expect to win to be honest,first win of the season after two opening defeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

pepper180 wrote: »

Okay-Funny-Meme-Face.gif

LOL sorry mate I'm going to be up in the air from the 3rd til the 5th (Long journey to kiwi land), wouldnt be able to give you the match you deserve ;)

Any date after the 5th and I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to SSC Napoli.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against SSC Napoli in their Division 1 fixture

Neymar sent off after 11 minutes was a huge blow and suspended now for the next 3 games

Already looking like I will be struggling for survival

Wouldn't be to concerned yet man, you have a very good team an should have won today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd love a transfer window on SM :P

I'm hoping to sign one more player than saying no more spending until the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

IvySlayer wrote: »

I'm hoping to sign one more player than saying no more spending until the end of the season

You know what, and I hate to say thia but a transfer window would be a good way to give.money some value again!

Its not a bad idea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah I think a transfer window would be very good in SM. Means you really have to sign good players and make good decisions, as you cant just go out and buy another player willy nilly whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

IvySlayer wrote: »

a8f85bbdc3293266db8a406f8ec71e4b.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

swoody wrote: »

Then would anyone be against having a pre and mid season transfer window for the next season to just see if its a better format? I think it could work better personally. Deadline day would be a good laugh also.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Then would anyone be against having a pre and mid season transfer window for the next season to just see if its a better format? I think it could work better personally. Deadline day would be a good laugh also.

The major drawback to this would be only games would remain to hold interest... Having both games and transfers will keep people coming back, however I do agree that this would really kick start the market....

Its a tough one, I can see many against it but personally I think for the long term benefit of the market (NOT the entire game) something like this should be given serious consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The major drawback to this would be only games would remain to hold interest... Having both games and transfers will keep people coming back, however I do agree that this would really kick start the market....

Its a tough one, I can see many against it but personally I think for the long term benefit of the market (NOT the entire game) something like this should be given serious consideration

I think you're spot on, it would be good for the market but overall I think it would kill the game. It would also be unfair for new managers taking over teams, not being able to sign players would be harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Has Casillas gone up or down? Surely Lopez is due an increase now two managers in a row have preferred him over Casillas?

Lopez has got his increase so I've got my first 90-rated player. Still feel he is undervalued considering that Casillas is a 94 but I'll take it.

Expecting I'll have to fend off a few offers for him now but I renewed his contract the other day in anticipation of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

I see sessegnon dropped to 88

Cant see anyone touching him at 15 million now

trudub83 wrote: »
    I see sessegnon dropped to 88

Cant see anyone touching him at 15 million now

Hes looking for 8 million now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Hes looking for 8 million now

Oh how the mighty Crappy have fallen :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Oh how the mighty Crappy have fallen :pac:

He's being sold to Besiktas for 5 million now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Bebe gets a +2 increase, just 18 to go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

He's being sold to Besiktas for 5 million now

Ouch! 10 million less than his asking price 24hrs ago :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nicolas PAREJA has completed his move to Panathinaikos from Fulham for 2,000,000 plus Jean-Alain BOUMSONG

Pretty happy with that deal too. Slowly but surely improving my first team one point at a time. Only got one player below 88 in the first XI now.

Pretty much out of cash though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Suffering withdrawal symptoms now without access to my team :(

An online game shouldn't be this addictive, but it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Iago wrote: »
    Suffering withdrawal symptoms now without access to my team :(

An online game shouldn't be this addictive, but it is!

I'll fix that within the hour

MrMac84 wrote: »

That mean your back on the oul laptop mate???? (fingers crossed!!!!)

That mean your back on the oul laptop mate???? (fingers crossed!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dirkdigglerx12

hi guys, im looking to join your league if any clubs become available please give me a shout :)
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Thanking you!

I can confirm that my assistant manager still has a job.

Result from Sunday;

Los Angeles Galaxy 2 v Anzhi 4

3 from 3, and on a roll!

Big game coming up against Cruzeiro (2nd v 3rd in the early standings)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Will the people making bids on Herrera please understand that I am not a numpty who buries his head in the sand towards the end of a transfer window - thanking you kindly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Will the people making bids on Herrera please understand that I am not a numpty who buries his head in the sand towards the end of a transfer window - thanking you kindly ;)

what team are you.........? :rolleyes: :D :pac: :cool: :p:);) :rolleyes: :pac: :cool: :D

Repoerts in the last few.mins that the utd deal is DONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Lads, has anyone been able to put in a bid before only for the chairman to then block it as the other manager tries to accept it?

As in for an example I put in a bid for Herrera;) and it goes through ok and the Bilbao manager tries to accept it but he gets a message saying the Newcastle chairman isn't happy with this deal

If he wasn't happy why would he let me put in the bid in the first place

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement