Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nobbykko

MrMac do you know much about the gold accounts on sm? I was thinking about getting one and wanted to know was it worth it.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

nobbykko wrote: »
    MrMac do you know much about the gold accounts on sm? I was thinking about getting one and wanted to know was it worth it.

Thanks.

Personally I love it. Manage more then 2 teams. Manage national teams in our game world. Create a gold short list across all worlds.. Holiday mode for 21days.. Manage your team in SMFA competitiions..

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Ajax have made a counter offer to Real Madrid for Christian ERIKSEN of 15,000,000 plus Ángel DI MARÍA and Nuri ŞAHIN

Consider us finished doing business ever again.

No loans or transfers for you

Ridiculous some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nobbykko

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Personally I love it. Manage more then 2 teams. Manage national teams in our game world. Create a gold short list across all worlds.. Holiday mode for 21days.. Manage your team in SMFA competitiions..

Sounds good but will it affect my team i already manage? As in if i don't like the gold account and it expires will i lose my free account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just seen Eriksen's asking price....

dr-evil.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Did I see that correctly?

TL €100 million for Eriksen

It's a joke, isnt it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I imagine it's just to scare off Cash Only offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sounds good but will it affect my team i already manage? As in if i don't like the gold account and it expires will i lose my free account.

No it wont man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

pepper180 wrote: »
    Ajax have made a counter offer to Real Madrid for Christian ERIKSEN of 15,000,000 plus Ángel DI MARÍA and Nuri ŞAHIN

Consider us finished doing business ever again.

No loans or transfers for you

Ridiculous some people.

Why not just laugh it off? I don't get this faux outrage at counter-offers. It's taken you longer to cut and paste it here than it would have done just to decline it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

You'll have nobody left to do business with at this rate! :pac: :p

Barca manager could you reject the bid if you're not willing to sell, very frustrating just being completely ignored.

I agree with both of these comments:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just make sure if you do, and it expires that you have already quit any teams you took on that you don't want - as you might lose this one like what happened Anzi recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

You'll have nobody left to do business with at this rate! :pac: :p

Barca manager could you reject the bid if you're not willing to sell, very frustrating just being completely ignored.
    I agree with both of these comments:D

I dont understand where this is coming from ... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Don't bother with a month long gold membership get the year..only like 12 quid... 1 euro a month!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why not just laugh it off? I don't get this faux outrage at counter-offers. It's taken you longer to cut and paste it here than it would have done just to decline it.

I just think its extremely rude when people do it. It happens to be often enough and I know a lot of people agree!

I don't care that it took me long to post, but now people know what the manager is really like and how ridiculous he is with his counter offers!

You'll have nobody left to do business with at this rate! :pac: :p.

WRONG, just 2 idiotic people. There are 77 more that I am happy to deal with!

BTW, someone said this to someone else a few pages ago..Its getting old :rolleyes:

And if anyone else wants to be ignorant and rude with their counter offers, trust me, I won't hold back and I will cancel all loans and transfers with them for good. :)

Because it was funny the first 100 times it happened here after that people started to get a bit pissed off with this sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

he has no intention of selling Eriksen

he's just leading you on and you cought the bait. :P

Because it was funny the first 100 times it happened here after that people started to get a bit pissed off with this sort of thing

It sounds like people get a bit pissed off a little too easily, tbh.

I don't know if that person was trying to be funny or whether they truly do believe that their player should go for that amount but either way it doesn't seem worthy of the over the top reaction.

Just my opinion. :)

I don't know if that person was trying to be funny or whether they truly do believe that their player should go for that amount but either way it doesn't seem worthy of the over the top reaction.

As Tupac said, When it happens over 100 times and you send in a serious offer, well then it will obviously get annoying after awhile.
    A lot of big teams would understand this!

Its like if I tried to buy Thierry Henry for 6M and they counter with 50M + Ronaldo + Di Maria. It gets annoying after awhile!!

BTW, someone said this to someone else a few pages ago..Its getting old :rolleyes:

And if anyone else wants to be ignorant and rude with their counter offers, trust me, I won't hold back and I will cancel all loans and transfers with them for good. :)

Will you put a bid in on one of my players so I can get on that list?

• Advertisement

As Tupac said, When it happens over 100 times and you send in a serious offer, well then it will obviously get annoying after awhile.
    A lot of big teams would understand this!

Its like if I tried to buy Thierry Henry for 6M and they counter with 50M + Ronaldo + Di Maria. It gets annoying after awhile!!

As I said, maybe you get annoyed too easily if such a tiny thing sets you into a spin. This is definitely not a "it's only a game lads" rant, just that this seems to cause such a disproportionate amount of rage on here!

I'll say no more.

As I said, maybe you get annoyed too easily.

I'll say no more.

As I said, I'm not the only one.

Will you put a bid in on one of my players so I can get on that list?

You not wanting dealings with the almighty Real Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Quickly climbing the charts to becoming manager of the season I see :pac:

See the thing is this is not the first time this topic has been discussed and there was a very negative reaction to these sort of counter offers!

If on the other hand the manager truly believes that, well thats a different sort of problem altogether!

Pot, kettle, black! :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Explain yourself please?

You not wanting dealings with the almighty Real Madrid?

No, but I would rather get there on the merit of a ridiculous counter offer, than you just adding me because I want to be one of the minority!

Can I just say before this explodes into a 5/6 page verbal rampage......

This is old ground that has been covered and it was widely accepted that these sorts of counter offers are to be condemed....

Maybe some should spend a little more time on the tread (ahem... and game.... JOKE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

what about my 197 size squad....anyone got something to bout that? :rolleyes: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

swoody wrote: »
    what about my 197 size squad....anyone got something to bout that? :rolleyes: :pac:

ogqed.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement