Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

FFS,its not against the rules fine but can people not accept that the game has faults and ''do the right thing'' for one its lousy against managers in the PO's that didnt see these posts and arnt aware that this is even going on,and secondly it could lead to friends helping each other out in an unfair manner,just let the game take its course guys.

Other players have worked like **** to get to the play offs just like you, respect that and give them a fair game.

Im in the playoff and if i get beat by some one that managed to get a player or 2 on loan then so be it...

I would need players in the 90-91-92-93 area to make an improvement so i wont be able to loan them ...

It isnt against the rules same as i could buy 3 94+ rated player going into tomorrows game ... Same rules apply to all 12 teams in the playoffs across D2/3/4...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

there's some amount of moaners in this league.

swoody wrote: »
    there's some amount of moaners in this league.

There is a vote for that in the MOTS votes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Im in the playoff and if i get beat by some one that managed to get a player or 2 on loan then so be it...

I would need players in the 90-91-92-93 area to make an improvement so i wont be able to loan them ...

It isnt against the rules same as i could buy 3 94+ rated player going into tomorrows game ... Same rules apply to all 12 teams in the playoffs across D2/3/4...

Why don't you buy 3 x 94+ rated players going into tomorrow's game...?

BTW,

D2 managers are out voting D1 and D3 managers @ nearly 3/1:rolleyes: and D4 managers @ 5/1 votes:eek:!!

Dont let your division down!! :D

• Advertisement

Why don't you buy 3 x 94+ rated players going into tomorrow's game...?

ah, coz I forgot to wh0re myself out for the last 3months and cash is a little low ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

BTW,

D2 managers are out voting D1 and D3 managers @ nearly 3/1:rolleyes: and D4 managers @ 5/1 votes:eek:!!

Dont let your division down!! :D
    Kinda of harder to accurately vote for someone if you've only been involved for a limited time.

ah, coz I forgot to wh0re myself out for the last 3months and cash is a little low ;)

So really, you couldn't get 3 x 94+ players in before tomorrow

So really, you couldn't get 3 x 94+ players in before tomorrow

ssssshhhhhhh!!!! dont tell Schalke!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can someone explain to me why people need to loan player's for the playoffs?

Are everyone's players knackered or something :confused:

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why people need to loan player's for the playoffs?

Are everyone's players knackered or something :confused:

If someone in div 4 is in the playoffs and has a team madr up roughly of 87/88 players they could loan in 3 89 players from a few teams in div 1 making them a better team, giving them a Vetter chance at winning/promotion

If someone in div 4 is in the playoffs and has a team madr up roughly of 87/88 players they could loan in 3 89 players from a few teams in div 1 making them a better team, giving them a Vetter chance at winning/promotion

Is that even possible?

Because the highest I've been able to loan is 86/87

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is that even possible?

Because the highest I've been able to loan is 86/87

It is possible depending on the team you have and the positions they play. I've loaned out Ganso in another world. Not so sure about 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

do the chances of being able to loan out higher rated players increase the more seasons that pass....?

i could only loan out 85's this season but if i can i'd send a few 86/87's next season

do the chances of being able to loan out higher rated players increase the more seasons that pass....?

i could only loan out 85 this season but if i can i'd send a few 86/87 next season

Again, it depends on your squad. If you've mostly 87/88 then you'd probably be able to loan out 86.

I think it's to stop people using two accounts and loaning good players to friends or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

i could only loan out 85's this season but if i can i'd send a few 86/87's next season
    Depends on how much cover you have positions I loaned out Ashley young in another world this season he was 91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

just went to gold manager and took the irish job - wtf they qualified ahead of argentina in their world cup qualifying group :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a quick note, apologies to anyone I contact about players twice. I don't mean to, and I'm not pestering; just that I'm finding no one willing to sell anyone decent, so may accidentally hit some on the list twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

pepper180 wrote: »
    Lazio manager, how come you sent back the player I loaned you for the play-offs?

Look at my posts a few pages back man, don't want anyone thinking I'm 'cheating'.....

Very appreciative of the offer though, thanks man, been a legend again I must say ;)

Look at my posts a few pages back man, don't want anyone thinking I'm 'cheating'.....

Very appreciative of the offer though, thanks man, been a legend again I must say ;)

It isn't cheating, it isn't unsporting ...

there are no rules against it, everyone of us in the play-offs can do it.

what if anyone in a relegation battle loaned in few players 3-4-5 games from end of season, was that cheating? Or anyone in a title battle loaned in a player a few games from the end?

you're not in my division(,yet, ) so you're actions don't affect me,however if Inter, Schalke and Fiorentina loan in players for the D2 play-offs, more power to them

• Advertisement

It isn't cheating, it isn't unsporting ...

there are no rules against it, everyone of us in the play-offs can do it.

what if anyone in a relegation battle loaned in few players 3-4-5 games from end of season, was that cheating? Or anyone in a title battle loaned in a player a few games from the end?

you're not in my division(,yet, ) so you're actions don't affect me,however if Inter, Schalke and Fiorentina loan in players for the D2 play-offs, more power to them

I'm agreeing with you mate, hence the 'cheating'

IMO anyone that thinks its cheating or unsporting to loan a player should not get loan players in EVER.....

Lets say you get a loan player in and he scores 3-4 goals over the course of a season and you end up getting say 6-7 points out of his loan (probably more to be totally fair) and I get a loan of a player (well below 90 I might add, some of the comments regards this matter i.e. the high level/calibure of player to be brought in JUST for the playoffs is laughable) and he covers a feckin FULL BACK OR CB POSITION....

Tell me, who got the better deal? The season long loan that got 6-7 points from their loan player or me?

Seriously, some of the stuff commented here is laughable and if taken seriously one would have to reconsider their level of involvment in the game, its beyond crazy to assume its somehow cheating or against the spirit of the game...

But, as I've already stated, I'm not going to have my reputation tarnished by this, I've sent back my players and I will go in with what I have.... No excuses out of me either WHEN I loose because of this.....

Again...... some joke :mad:

I'm agreeing with you mate, hence the 'cheating'

IMO anyone that thinks its cheating or unsporting to loan a player should not get loan players in EVER.....

Lets say you get a loan player in and he scores 3-4 goals over the course of a season and you end up getting say 6-7 points out of his loan (probably more to be totally fair) and I get a loan of a player (well below 90 I might add, some of the comments regards this matter i.e. the high level/calibure of player to be brought in JUST for the playoffs is laughable) and he covers a feckin FULL BACK OR CB POSITION....

Tell me, who got the better deal? The season long loan that got 6-7 points from their loan player or me?

Seriously, some of the stuff commented here is laughable and if taken seriously one would have to reconsider their level of involvment in the game, its beyond crazy to assume its somehow cheating or against the spirit of the game...

But, as I've already stated, I'm not going to have my reputation tarnished by this, I've sent back my players and I will go in with what I have.... No excuses out of me either WHEN I loose because of this.....

Again...... some joke :mad:

I'd say it's you that needs to look at your involvement after that rant :D

Also when you say no excuses you shouldn't make excuses in the same paragraph... That's laughable

I'd say it's you that needs to look at your involvement after that rant :D

Also when you say no excuses you shouldn't make excuses in the same paragraph... That's laughable

True, maybe I should.... then again...... so should others, maybe :eek:

Eh, I said I won't use it as an excuse, WHEN I loose....

Those are not contradictions, as one is a statement and the other one is FACT,

I will not win the playoffs & I will not use this 'argument' as an excuse, there is no contradiction there and I did not say it twice in the same sentance....... :confused:

"No excuses when I lose because of this"

You're already using it as an excuse when you say "because of this"

If you lose it'll be because your players are injured or because that's the way it worked out

I don't have a issue with people loaning players if they're going to use them.

What I do have a issue with is people getting players on loan and only using them for the playoffs.

It's teams in Div 4 who need to loan players for backup for the upcoming season.
    I've a first team of 15 players & 8 youth's... If I don't loan players then I then don't have backups.

If you plan on using the loaned players throughout the season then great.. Otherwise give them to the teams who actually will use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

True, maybe I should.... then again...... so should others, maybe :eek:

Eh, I said I won't use it as an excuse, WHEN I loose....

Those are not contradictions, as one is a statement and the other one is FACT,

I will not win the playoffs & I will not use this 'argument' as an excuse, there is no contradiction there and I did not say it twice in the same sentance....... :confused:

Fair play sending them back man.

"No excuses when I lose because of this"

You're already using it as an excuse when you say "because of this"

If you lose it'll be because your players are injured or because that's the way it worked out, and it was considered cheating to replace them at a perfectly legitimite part of the season

Fixed that for ya....

Oh, yeah, going into a playoff situation playing 3 at the back and suddenly 2 of them are gone..... that's out so Yes it will be because of that, that is not an excuse it is a fact....

Thought I explained that already :rolleyes:

Fixed that for ya....

Oh, yeah, going into a playoff situation playing 3 at the back and suddenly 2 of them are gone..... that's out so Yes it will be because of that, that is not an excuse it is a fact....

Thought I explained that already :rolleyes:

No need to fix it.

I don't consider it cheating just very unsportsmanlike. Everyone is free to do it obviously, I just hope that anyone who does doesn't benefit from it.

If you loaned someone at the start of the season fair enough, halfway fair enough, 10 games before the end fair enough, just for the playoffs is unsportsmanlike IMO.

Are we doing some sort of emoticon thing? Here's some for you. :pac: :):(:o:D

ladies ....:P

again, ... as anyone can loan players at anytime of a season how is it un-sportsman-like? A-N-Y-O-N-E can do it!

20, 15, 10 games before the end of the season is ok?! how about 3 games, 2 games from the end of the league? is it now un-sportsman-like?

Also, if it doesnt bother the other teams in the same play-off then whats the problem?

• Advertisement

No need to fix it.

I don't consider it cheating just very unsportsmanlike. Everyone is free to do it obviously, I just hope that anyone who does doesn't benefit from it.

If you loaned someone at the start of the season fair enough, halfway fair enough, 10 games before the end fair enough, just for the playoffs is unsportsmanlike IMO.

Are we doing some sort of emoticon thing? Here's some for you. :pac: :):(:o:D

No, mine have meaning, not random hence :rolleyes:.... Take the meaning to be I did actually explain that already!!!

Ehhhhh...... again, not getting the concept of that whatsoever, infact its a contradiction in itself...... the playoffs are part of the season are they not? Hence it it unsportsman like to take a player on loan at any time during the season, how about with say 1 game to go? would that be OK??? 2 maybe????

Whats fair enough and what not? start of the season, middle of the season, few games left in the season or the playoff part OF THE SEASON.....

Eh, can't explain it anymore than that, to be honest I think its a joke that anyone would even consider it unsporting, I'm in the playoffs and by all means teams around me, get the best bloody players you can and DO THE BEST FOR YOUR TEAM, YOU ARE AFTER ALL THE MANAGER OF THE CLUB AND YOU ARE THERE TO DO THE BEST........

Anyhow, clearest way I can say it so thats me done with that subject to be honest, as I've said I'm not going to bitch and moan when I'm in division 3 again (mostly because of this - NOT COMPLAINING, STATING MY OPINION....)

Best of luck to all in the playoffs, and best of luck to those hypocrites that take loan players next season, hope ye end up in the playoffs and have to send em back, oh the irony!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement