Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

why has that not been updated on SM?

he only moved last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE

Shortlist Crouch because ...

When his transfer ban expires, I'm removing his "unavailable for transfer" status

Player Pos Club Age Rat TB Value
    CROUCH, Peter F(c) Spartak Moscow 32 88 7 NOV 6.5M

The following is what I'll do:

I'll set his status to "unknown" ( dont want to risk unsettling the poor lad by telling him he's transfer listed )

All interested teams put in one bid and one bid only ( so no chance to change bids if you think you are getting outbid - make your bid count)

teams can decide whether they bid disclosed or undisclosed.

I'm open to cash only, player(s) only or player(s) and cash

I'll review the offers and if one or more are good enough to accept I WILL sell crouch else he WILL stay @ SM!

I strongly believe that CROUCH secured my promotion last season, I lost him 5-6 games from the end and nearly dropped out of top 6,
    he came back, steadies the ship and played a blinder in the 1/2 and final of the play-off - so its going to have to be worth my while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

mackeire wrote: »
    PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE

Shortlist Crouch because ...

When his transfer ban expires, I'm removing his "unavailable for transfer" status

Player Pos Club Age Rat TB Value
    CROUCH, Peter F(c) Spartak Moscow 32 88 7 NOV 6.5M

The following is what I'll do:

I'll set his status to "unknown" ( dont want to risk unsettling the poor lad by telling him he's transfer listed )

All interested teams put in one bid and one bid only ( so no chance to change bids if you think you are getting outbid - make your bid count)

teams can decide whether they bid disclosed or undisclosed.

I'm open to cash only, player(s) only or player(s) and cash

I'll review the offers and if one or more are good enough to accept I WILL sell crouch else he WILL stay @ SM!

I strongly believe that CROUCH secured my promotion last season, I lost him 5-6 games from the end and nearly dropped out of top 6,
    he came back, steadies the ship and played a blinder in the 1/2 and final of the play-off - so its going to have to be worth my while.

very original :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Seamus colemans gone up to 89....DESERVED!!! he should be a 90!

Ross Barkley went up 3 to 85 as well!

Pity my Everton team are joint bottom of the table, only way is up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

unkymo wrote: »

2 things....

1. Post more often.......

2. Sell me some players!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

@unkymo

2 things....

2. Post more often....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Your problem seems to be Fellaini, if you sell him to me you might start winning games ;)

We can discuss this over a cup of coffee Harry Redknapp style xoxox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I checked my post history and I've only made 11 posts in 5 months! Sorry about that, I'm usually in the Fantasy Football forum.

No-one from my Everton team is for sale!

2 things....

2. Sell me some players!!!!!!!!!
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    @unkymo

2 things....

2. Post more often....

too late .... he's gone again :D

Edit: too slow by me!

I checked my post history and I've only made 11 posts in 5 months! Sorry about that, I'm usually in the Fantasy Football forum.

No-one from my Everton team is for sale!

I know I started the world but it does increase enjoyment (IMO) by coming in here posting and chatting too the other managers

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I know I started the world but it does increase enjoyment (IMO) by coming in here posting and chatting too the other managers

And selling players to other managers!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Genuine question...

What do people think I should expect should I put Jesus Navas up for sale? 92 rated AM/F on the right side. At Man City, so shouldn't drop and should possibly rise.

The reason I'm tempted is I feel like I might get 2 good 90 rated players in return, so wondering if it would strengthen my overall team. I've also said in the past, I love players who can play multiple positions, and Navas is only able to play down the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Genuine question...

What do people think I should expect should I put Jesus Navas up for sale? 92 rated AM/F on the right side. At Man City, so shouldn't drop and should possibly rise.

The reason I'm tempted is I feel like I might get 2 good 90 rated players in return, so wondering if it would strengthen my overall team. I've also said in the past, I love players who can play multiple positions, and Navas is only able to play down the right.

If I'd 55/60m I'd pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nobbykko

Not just against you, he has 8 goals in 7 friendlies so far but he is yet to score in 4 league games:(

Yea im in the same boat with Jelavic..... Want to swap :p

nobbykko wrote: »
    Yea im in the same boat with Jelavic..... Want to swap :p

Id be worried he could drop in ratings if they are reviewing uk currently, like wise Cisse at Newcastle(in RL) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

1AqczBy.png

Why bother making a bid if you're only going to withdraw after it's been accepted :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

1AqczBy.png

Why bother making a bid if you're only going to withdraw after it's been accepted :confused:

tumblr_lfvpiuSIQl1qafrh6.jpg

Jannik VESTERGAARD has completed his move to FC Porto from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for 3,300,000 plus John RUIZ

21yr old rated 85 .... Another riser hopefully.

Considering I've got all these out on loan

loans.png

and I still have these @ the club:

84-87.png

it is a real pity the aim of the game isnt to establish a squad of 84-87rated player :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Genuine question...

money.jpg

• Advertisement

Right, I'm following the trend and I've put Navas up.

Much like Isco and them, it's not me saying he's outright for sale, but if there's a good p/e offer, I'll strongly consider it. Will not be a cash deal. I want at least a 90 rated player who can cover the right side of the field, and wouldn't mind a defender thrown in for good measure too ;)

I'd also point out I paid 38m for him back a few months ago when that was considered crazy money to pay for a player of his rating, so won't be looking at offers for 40m (or 35m as one person offered two weeks ago :rolleyes:).

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I'd also point out I paid 38m for him back a few months ago when that was considered crazy money to pay for a player of his rating, so won't be looking at offers for 40m (or 35m as one person offered two weeks ago :rolleyes:).

I can only pay MAX 30M :eek:

pepper180 wrote: »
    I can only pay MAX 30M :eek:

Well...yeah. Look at who you've got in his position already.

Ronaldo, Rodriquez, Di Maria can all play it and are rated 90+. I count about 7 players who could cover the role he plays :P

Well...yeah. Look at who you've got in his position already.

Ronaldo, Rodriquez, Di Maria can all play it and are rated 90+. I count about 7 players who could cover the role he plays :P

Oh yeah I know, like I'm complaining about my chairman, not the price! I believe Navas is worth 55M-60M for sure!

In other news:

Paolo CANNAVARO has completed his move to Real Madrid from SS Lazio.

Perfect back up for me since Pepe got a red card the other day..

Classic Pepe! :pac:

Thanks to the Lazio manager for this one! Did me a good deal. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

i can offer between 33 and 55m for him pitty i dont have the money!!!

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving Dortmund and SS Lazio regarding Ogenyi ONAZI has been reversed.
    After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving SS Lazio and Dortmund regarding Loïc RÉMY has been reversed.

Loïc RÉMY back for sale at Dortmund

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving SS Lazio and Dortmund regarding Loïc RÉMY has been reversed.

Oh ive been looking forward to this!!!!

I did say that something like this would happen to me and that I would be mighty pissed about it too......

What makes it even worse is ive sold 3 other players now because I had Remy and was working on other areas of the team..... now I'm short at the back and lack that extra bit up front....

Cheers SM.....

Oh ive been looking forward to this!!!!

I did say that something like this would happen to me and that I would be mighty pissed about it too......

What makes it even worse is ive sold 3 other players now because I had Remy and was working on other areas of the team..... now I'm short at the back and lack that extra bit up front....

Cheers SM.....

Absolutely ridiculous!!

I wonder, Will this cause a heated discussion again about monitoring being turned on and off?... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The SMFA will block any transfer that they deem unusual or dubious. Their decision is aided by our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) and is not personal or a judgement on you. The deal could have been blocked for a variety of reasons such as not being fair, too heavily weighted towards one club or issues with one or more of the managers accounts. If you feel the deal is fair and there are no issues with your account then the problem may be with the other managers account which the SMFA cannot discuss.
    The ATMS 'learns' over time about managers and how fairly they are playing the game. Managers that continually break the rules will find it harder and harder to deal with other managers and more and more of their transfers will be blocked.
    If the SMFA have blocked you from conducting transfers with another manager, they will not reverse their decision and it is advisable to look elsewhere to conduct your transfers.
    The SMFA can reverse a transfer at any time if they deem it to be unusual or dubious. Their decision is aided by our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) and is not personal or a judgement on you. The deal could have been reversed for a variety of reasons such as not being fair, too heavily weighted towards one club or issues with one or more of the managers accounts. If you feel the deal was fair and there are no issues with your account then the problem may be with the other managers account which the SMFA cannot discuss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement