Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

pepper180 wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous!!

I wonder, Will this cause a heated discussion again about monitoring being turned on and off?... :rolleyes:

I ask one thing....

Please DONT have. 5-6 page discussion about this, its done... I knew it was only a matter of time. There is no point crying over it.

Im more disgusted it happened after I let 3 players go!!!!! Ive severly weakened my team now....

Cheers anyhow Dortmund!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Can yoo not do the deal again but 'pay' a little more for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Can yoo not do the deal again but 'pay' a little more for him?

doubtfull as any deal we attempt will be watched for the forseeable future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

They traded 4 players in two days,it was always going to happen. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They traded 4 players in two days,it was always going to happen. :pac:

Unfortunatly Yes. These complicated deals normally attract too much attention

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly Yes. These complicated deals normally attract too much attention

I know,im still not over litchsteiner. :(

Mac you should sell him to me for 6m and two youths now,i believe that's what tupac would of wanted.

Mac u have a PM!!!

Mac u have a PM!!!

Your at nothing,he will be recalled right away or after a few days,this happened with lichtsteiner i signed him twice,if you do the deal again for the same player you will be banned from doing business with dortmund for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

so someone reported the deal. only one way to find out who it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I know,im still not over litchsteiner. :(

Screw that, I'm not over Isco!!

Your at nothing,he will be recalled right away or after a few days,this happened with lichtsteiner i signed him twice,if you do the deal again for the same player you will be banned from doing business with dortmund for good.

Thought it was just for 6 months or something......

If its for good then this game is an absolute joke....... Fair enough the rule is there to obviously stop 1 manager taking over 2 clubs (or get a mate to join and sell him players on the cheap) but myself and Mac are getting caught up in this net when we both have very different needs currently in the game...

Obviously Remy is expendable at Dortmund and Mac is looking for quality young players....

I have 3 that I'm willing to let go for a 90 rated striker.....

So what is the problem? Both managers are happy....... AGAIN I want to stress that managers that are actually trying to do good deals for their clubs are getting caught up in the wider net to catch the cheaters.....

Its utter bull lads, look at it this way.... If I sold Varela/Onazi/Silva and somehow raised say 25mil....

Sure Remy ain't for sale for cash so whats the point? If we cannot do deals like these then there really really really is no hope whatsover for the managers of the 'smaller' clubs.....

What a gigantic waste of time :mad:

mackeire wrote: »
    so someone reported the deal. only one way to find out who it was

Can I just say, I really really don't think anyone reported the deal, its happening too often....

I'd say its part of the SM monitoring system :mad:

Yup tupac,thats just the way its is,im use to it,i lost 2 90+ players at the same time,in a team that at the time consisted of a 90 and a 91.

No thanks tupac,rossi has scored 3 goals and created 2 in 2 games in serie A this season,he only played 2 matches all of last season and 10 the season before due to serious injury,but now hes back and going nowhere but up,up,UP!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I don't think anybody is watching the transfers and reporting them as most people probably don't even pay attention to the big clubs transfers as we can't compete. So the question is who has the bogey account but on a more serious note I read that they quite a few deals in quick succession that was probably the the red flag. Then again it could be the people who want the monitoring turned off and so reported Macs deal as he runs the show is another possibility?

JamboMac wrote: »
    I don't think anybody is watching the transfers and reporting them as most people probably don't even pay attention to the big clubs transfers as we can't compete. So the question is who has the bogey account but on a more serious note I read that they quite a few deals in quick succession that was probably the the red flag. Then again it could be the people who want the monitoring turned off and so reported Macs deal as he runs the show is another possibility?

Thats the poll I ran to turn off SM monitoring in case of something like this happening...

To my amazement, it was shot down..... When I say amazement its purely because all clubs are managed within our gameworld and we are pretty sure at this stage that nobody is 2 clubs, so (JUST FOR OUR GAMEWORLD) why do we need a big brother type watching over transfers?

Surely the market has enough against it at this stage without this kind of deal reversing killing a market that is on its last legs as is...... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I am..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr9jJY6yAJNKKtrH4gLv73hLKWvxO9077NiJlCB-1DcUh2P7LQnQ

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Thats actually a really good way of putting it! Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Thats the poll I ran to turn off SM monitoring in case of something like this happening...

To my amazement, it was shot down..... When I say amazement its purely because all clubs are managed within our gameworld and we are pretty sure at this stage that nobody is 2 clubs, so (JUST FOR OUR GAMEWORLD) why do we need a big brother type watching over transfers?

Surely the market has enough against it at this stage without this kind of deal reversing killing a market that is on its last legs as is...... :mad:
    I think the simplest reason why we need monitoring is because of no squad cap certain teams have ran a muck so do you think that won't be the same in this instance all that has been proved is where there are no rules they will be exploited to the max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Double screw that..I'm not over my Andrea Dossena deal being blocked...Do you know how hard it was for me to find someone to buy thay donkey???!!..:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Double screw that..I'm not over my Andrea Dossena deal being blocked...Do you know how hard it was for me to find someone to buy thay donkey???!!..:D:D

I was delighted that deal fell through. I nearly bought that donkey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think the simplest reason why we need monitoring is because of no squad cap certain teams have ran a muck so do you think that won't be the same in this instance all that has been proved is where there are no rules they will be exploited to the max

Wow,

Two of the hot topics intertwined by yourself!

Ok... for the last time.... the squad cap thing.... its NOT something that can be enforced regardless so adding a cap is a non-starter so that cannot be open or closed to abuse....

To the main subject of genuine deals suffering, I said it before it happened to me and ill say it now again.....

I understand why its there, but in our fully managed gameworld, it takes away the possibility of these 'add on' deals and for smaller clubs these are just ESSENTIAL.... I cant see how others cant see this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's not a crazy suggestion that someone who has a grudge reported that deal because his own deal was blocked.

It is anonymous after all and anyone can do it.

I don't know the specifics of the deal, what was it two players for Remy?

It's not a crazy suggestion that someone who has a grudge reported that deal because his own deal was blocked.

It is anonymous after all and anyone can do it.

I don't know the specifics of the deal, what was it two players for Remy?

Nah, I doubt someone reported it....

Deal was -

I sold Onazi for 6mil to Dortmund...
    I bought Remy for 6mil with Varela and Silva (arsenal young striker)

Basically Remy for 3 excellent youth prospects....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nah, I doubt someone reported it....

Deal was -

I sold Onazi for 6mil to Dortmund...
    I bought Remy for 6mil with Varela and Silva (arsenal young striker)

Basically Remy for 3 excellent youth prospects....

What did the chairmen value that at?

That looks less than his value though and less than Mac bought him for as well, strange that was even allowed by the chairmen

What did the chairmen value that at?

That looks less than his value though and less than Mac bought him for as well, strange that was even allowed by the chairmen

Think 7.5 was the min.... well the deal was accepted ans done so it must have been acceptable for his chairman.....

It all boils down to both managers being happy with the deal and once again unjustly reversed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

alexander merkel is for sale. highest bid that i deem acceptable gets him in a couple of days at latest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Valuation of €8million is a bit, er, high.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement