Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yet right now there is no way to get my Remy deal done, hardly seems fair? Again, I'm going to stick to this point, a lot are saying this might happen and that might happen and CHOOSING to ignore what IS happening :confused:

What is happening is 97% of transfers are going through without a hitch.

Don't get me wrong, I can fully appreciate the anger and frustration of having a deal reversed. But it strikes me we're talking about something which has only affected the smallest, tiniest percentage of transfers. And I don't think we throw out the baby, bath and bathroom with the bathwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

FINALLLLLLYYY!!! A 2-1 win over Palermo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Your right it could......

But then again, what about what IS happening?

Suck it up and deal with it. I realise it's a pain, I had a deal blocked in the good league, but I still feel it's best to leave the monitoring in place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bale, Lloris and Vertonghen could be sold for their absolute minimum fee which for me could be 75m which Bale alone should go for in this game world.

Not to mention the manager who takes over would be screwed after losing their best players.

Don't get me wrong, I can fully appreciate the anger and frustration of having a deal reversed. But it strikes me we're talking about something which has only affected the smallest, tiniest percentage of transfers. And I don't think we throw out the baby, bath and bathroom with the bathwater.

Exactly. We don't hear about the thousands of transfers that go through without any problem it's the ones that go wrong that we do hear about, a very small percentage I'd say

• Advertisement

Bale, Lloris and Vertonghen could be sold for their absolute minimum fee which for me could be 75m which Bale alone should go for in this game world.

Not to mention the manager who takes over would be screwed after losing their best players.

My point exactly. Not only does one manager get great players for nothing the original team is pretty much ruined and leaves the New manager with nothing to work with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Everton 1-1 sunderland.

bet em off the pitch i was robbed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

What do you suppose will happen with these 97% of transfers with the monitoring off? Would you expect to see that figure drop dramatically or something???

To be honest as well, most of the transfers that have been reversed so far haven't been just normal transfers. It always seems to be more complicated with other players being sold between the managers before the deal for higher prices and stuff like that.

As I've said before, it's never happened to me and I've done a fair few transfers now so maybe people should stop chancing their arm knowing what deals the SM are blocking.

Everton 1-1 sunderland.

bet em off the pitch i was robbed. :D

You say that every week!! :D

Does anyone notice that the less you log in the less you win? Or maybe it's just me?

So at the start I had loads of time and I'd be online for hours everyday. In busy with work and college now so log in less regularly and my results are now in serious decline, not just in this league but the other one too. Just wondering what others thought :)

• Advertisement

Suck it up and deal with it. I realise it's a pain, I had a deal blocked in the good league, but I still feel it's best to leave the monitoring in place

Or.....

Do something about it that should have been done in the first god damn place, I dunno..... :confused:

Alright, I can see that people are not going to change their minds about this and you all are perfectly entitled to your opinions. Dunno why ye think its so important as there are f*** all transfers happening to monitor :rolleyes:

Ok, moving on so......

What do you suppose will happen with these 97% of transfers with the monitoring off? Would you expect to see that figure drop dramatically or something???

You didn't ask me but I'll respond anyway. I'd say what will happen is that stat will raise to 100%. Most deals will be fine, probably 99% but... BUT it leaves a huge gaping hole for abuse and unfair, unjust transfers. No matter how few and far between they may be, I'd rather keep the monitoring on so that this figure stays at 0%.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nobbykko

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You too buddy. Our teams look fairly well-matched so should be a decent game.

Well it turned out to be a decent match, can't believe it was only 0-1 with the peno and i thought i was definitely going down 3 or four with the shots you had fair play.

But have to give it to my keeper he had a great game. Pity about the strikers :P

You didn't ask me but I'll respond anyway. I'd say what will happen is that stat will raise to 100%. Most deals will be fine, probably 99% but... BUT it leaves a huge gaping hole for abuse and unfair, unjust transfers. No matter how few and far between they may be, I'd rather keep the monitoring on so that this figure stays at 0%.

As opposed to whats happening now????? ;)

Now matter how you may approach the IFS and BUTS of turning it off, the fact remains (a fact that the pro-on crew seem to be staying well clear of) that managers are suffering NOW because of it......

But like I said, I've tried and obviously failed, so much fear over what 'might happen' even though you can't buy a big player for love nor money as is.....

Ah well, just hope that the market improves....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Matt Pepper steered Real Madrid to victory against Leverkusen.

Real Madrid beat Leverkusen 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Another clean sheet even with an 89 rated player at the back! Luckily Pepe is not back but Marcelo is injured! :(

pepper180 wrote: »

Another clean sheet even with an 89 rated player at the back! Luckily Pepe is not back but Marcelo is injured! :(

Ah but what an 89 rated player!!!! :D

I'm putting Coentrao up for p/e for 2 90 rated players or a 90+ rated player plus cash.

If I don't get that I'm not selling so all other offers will be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

My best defender is an 89...:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm putting Coentrao up for p/e for 2 90 rated players or a 90+ rated player plus cash.

If I don't get that I'm not selling so all other offers will be rejected.

Have put in the best offer I can, but don't know if it would be enough. Thought I'd at least offer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Another draw for Genoa, 0-0 away to Galatasaray,

Emotional scenes as Frey was named man of the match in what could end up being his last game for Genoa.

• Advertisement

I asked the question the other day but nobody answered..Is the chat function broke? I have been messaging lads and getting no answers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lads asking for 5 times the value of a player now? Jaysus

Thanks Genoa!! Turns out the function is working..Everyone is just ignoring me...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Thanks Genoa!! Turns out the function is working..Everyone is just ignoring me...:)

When people are online via smartphone they show up as online even tho the chat feature isn't enabled

Have put in the best offer I can, but don't know if it would be enough. Thought I'd at least offer though.

Cheers for the offer but not what I'm looking for, he's my best player along with Oscar and I really need to get something tempting not downgrading on him. Accepting that offer would actually put the rating of my team down.

Last time I put him up I was offered 45m cash but that doesn't even tempt me, I need two 90 players in exchange or a 90+ rated player with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

And with that loss I get closer to the exit door only a game or two away from the chop, chairman not impressed

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When people are online via smartphone they show up as online even tho the chat feature isn't enabled

Must be it, i even offered one lucky manager Cavani in a swap but he never replied!

I haven't been online on a laptop in over a month so I hope nobody is sending me chat messages haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Went ahead after 3 minutes....check

He equalised after 32 minutes.....manageable

He had a player sent off after 33 minutes....let's do this

I lost 4-1 :(

Anzhi slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to Beşiktaş JK in their Division 3 fixture.
    Xhaka was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Must be it, i even offered one lucky manager Cavani in a swap but he never replied!

It is it.
    Also the chat isn't 100% realiable I'd pm a manager asking is he free too go on chat as a start

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement