Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

there ye are couldnt find this new thread, happy to be going up to div one but finding it hard to get in the one or two players i need to help me hitting the ground running at the start of the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

:)

did you get my PM?

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    did you get my PM?

Yeah I'll sort it tomorrow, cheers :)

nope

sorry mate, I had included the other players' quote but blanked the content and nothing showed ... fixed that now :o

• Advertisement

sound

:D Play-off Semi Final Day :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Not sure I should bring up this whole "loan players for the players" debate again but I want to give my two cents as well.

I can definitely see why people have a problem with it. It is open to exploitation through collusion between friends. Loaning out an 89+ (e.g.) player who plays regularly and would normally never be loaned out for the sole purpose of boosting the team in the playoffs just seems wrong. This should also negate the argument that all loans throughout the season are "cheating" or "unsporting" as these loans are for players that are never going to play for their parent club that season because they're not good enough (yet), i.e a lower calibre/rating.

As for the argument that anyone can do it, I'm not too sure how much that stacks up. How many 89+ (e.g.) in this game world can actually be loaned out taking each chairman into account? Enough to go around for all 16 playoff teams?? Possibly. Possibly not. If it's the latter then no, not everyone can loan players of equal calibre. It basically then becomes first come first serve, or even worse, favouritism.

However, what I can't understand is how people are viewing that what Tupac is doing is unsporting (and I'm not just saying that so he'll loan me Fabien Schar again next season ;):D). He clearly isn't loaning players with the sole purpose of boosting his team. He has two injuries in the same position that have absolutely crippled his defence. If anything, the two loans he made can be construed as emergency loans so I definitely have no problems with those loans.

Overall though, personally, I have no real problems with any team taking advantage of the loan system for any part of the season, playoffs or otherwise, because at the end of the day, it's only a game (*prepares to get lynched*). :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Not sure I should bring up this whole "loan players for the players" debate again but I want to give my two cents as well.

I can definitely see why people have a problem with it. It is open to exploitation through collusion between friends. Loaning out an 89+ (e.g.) player who plays regularly and would normally never be loaned out for the sole purpose of boosting the team in the playoffs just seems wrong. This should also negate the argument that all loans throughout the season are "cheating" or "unsporting" as these loans are for players that are never going to play for their parent club that season because they're not good enough (yet), i.e a lower calibre/rating.

As for the argument that anyone can do it, I'm not too sure how much that stacks up. How many 89+ (e.g.) in this game world can actually be loaned out taking each chairman into account? Enough to go around for all 16 playoff teams?? Possibly. Possibly not. If it's the latter then no, not everyone can loan players of equal calibre. It basically then becomes first come first serve, or even worse, favouritism.

However, what I can't understand is how people are viewing that what Tupac is doing is unsporting (and I'm not just saying that so he'll loan me Fabien Schar again next season ;):D). He clearly isn't loaning players with the sole purpose of boosting his team. He has two injuries in the same position that have absolutely crippled his defence. If anything, the two loans he made can be construed as emergency loans so I definitely have no problems with those loans.

Overall though, personally, I have no real problems with any team taking advantage of the loan system for any part of the season, playoffs or otherwise, because at the end of the day, it's only a game (*prepares to get lynched*). :P

I actually agree with all of this. Tupacs situation is different to the others. My problem is the loaning of players to boost your team just for the playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Hamburg here in div 4

All my players are UNUSUALLY knackered there all like 85% fitness which they have never dropped down ro all season????? And i dont have the cover either as ive been thinning my squad to raise money to buy 90+ players which cant be pryed from there clubs for all the money in the world so im not sure on how one can improve their team tbh?im not expecting much from play offs to be honest.
    Still feeling rejected losing out on 1 goal in the goal diference for 2nd place in league.

Will have to consider my future over coming week, either way ive enjoyed the game alot and the banter can bring joy to many a dull day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote: »

Just a quick point on what you daid in the firwt paragraph, MOSTLY true, exceptions would be Lukaku, Sahin and possibly Essien (argunent could be made for Andy Carroll) in resl life and in the game world the only obvious ine to me is Nastasic going out on loan at the start of the game season, some loan signing!!

I think you made a good point that I may have overlooked to be fair, I never intended to improve my team with 90s for the playoffs, highest defenders I asked about were 89s I think, I could be wrong as I was in a bit of a panic!!!!! So yeah I do agree to that point where a sudden vast improvement of the first 11 is wrong... not my intention at all!!!

Oh on Schar, no problem man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hamburg here in div 4

Will have to consider my future over coming week, either way ive enjoyed the game alot and the banter can bring joy to many a dull day:)

Ah don't go. This is only season 1. It's not a sprint it's a marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Best of luck to all teams in the playoffs tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

22 year old 87 rated RB or LB japanese international sakai is up for grabs,he has joined stuttgart in real life so hes due a rating increase.

he just moved up in the ratings again think i will hold on to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Although I'm chuffed to have achieved promotion with AZ and feel a genuine connection to my team, if i'm to really progress in this game, I think i may consider any jobs that come available.

AZ have the smallest capacity in D4 from last season (about 17000) and money is tight... That said, I've a (small) decent squad, and am very strong at the back, and with Maicon, Abidal and Altidore all joining new clubs this season, perhaps I could put in a push in D3....

Be interesting couple of weeks to say the least....

Good luck to all those in playoffs btw.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Although I'm chuffed to have achieved promotion with AZ and feel a genuine connection to my team, if i'm to really progress in this game, I think i may consider any jobs that come available.

AZ have the smallest capacity in D4 from last season (about 17000) and money is tight... That said, I've a (small) decent squad, and am very strong at the back, and with Maicon, Abidal and Altidore all joining new clubs this season, perhaps I could put in a push in D3....

Be interesting couple of weeks to say the least....

Good luck to all those in playoffs btw.

Well done in your promotion mate you must of been buzzing getting it on the last day. Good luck in div3:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Happy to get denilson for 7m. Why am I online playing this on my hols :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Inside the last hour!!!!!!!!

Since I'm not confident (to say the least!) Im going to try my hand and go with something unexpected tonight!!!

Or did I just say that to throw you off Besiktas!!!!!!! Ahhh the fergie mind games!!!!!!!

waiting for tonights play off match is getting too much for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

3 teams have already been promoted in the game, surely its only fair that I be next????? ;)

Im not sure the nerves can take this!

• Advertisement

Play-off compadre's ..... Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Ended up drinking for the liverpool game, so didnt get around to swapping out my tired players for the playoff game. GG whoever I played.

EDIT: Just logged in and seen I lost and had 2 red cards lol Oh well.

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against FC Schalke 04.

FC Porto outclassed FC Schalke 04 and thrashed them 5 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.

Jovetić was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gebhart and Džeko were also amongst the goalscorers.

Spare a thought for those that lost in the semi's, real though on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I lost on penalties......:mad:

roll on next season! Congrats to everyone that won their play off tonight.

Hamburg outclassed Standard Liège and beat them 2 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.
    Bonaventura scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Jairo was also on the scoresheet for his side.

thoughts go out to standard liege manager but im delighted to be in the div 4 play off final :)

anybody know if the players condition will improve by the final monday?? i have one knackered squad with injuries and not match fit players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anybody know if the players condition will improve by the final monday?? i have one knackered squad with injuries and not match fit players

you should see on the tactics page if their conditions are taken into account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

If I loan a player now will I have him for next season?

no, only for the rest of this season. he'll be sent back automatically then

i think the day the fixtures is announced is the first day of the new season

Lads, I'll do a manager rating table once the play-offs are over (too lazy to do it tonight if truth be told;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Got hammered 5-1 by marseille in the div 4 playoff semi final...
    Time to try secure 1 or 2 more signing for next season and build on a surprising season for me , never thought I'd make mid table never mind the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Question?

I've just had a loan accepted.
    Will that loan last all next season? or will he be sent back before the 25th?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement