Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You're 11th, 3 points above relegation zone.

Sweet, was 16th before tonights game, cheers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

You're 11th, 3 points above relegation zone.

I guess your more of a ''glass half empty'' kind of guy. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Got a massively lucky point again Anderlecht thanks to an offside flag and the best keeper in the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just noticed that Boumsong has dropped two points ten days after I sold him. Lucked out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm selling Robin QUAISON, he's only 19 and already plays for the Swedish national team. He's on a few of the "stars of the future" lists as well

He did this against United a few months back

Put an offer in if you're interested, I won't sell if I don't get a good offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Just noticed that Boumsong has dropped two points ten days after I sold him. Lucked out there.

surely it was an unmanaged team bought him?! :eek:

If any manager spent money on him they should have their club taken off them ...

Hey, there is an idea ... when managers at big clubs make 'stupid' transfer descisions MrMac should take their club off them ... shall we start a poll :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    surely it was an unmanaged team bought him?! :eek:

If any manager spent money on him they should have their club taken off them ...

Hey, there is an idea ... when managers at big clubs make 'stupid' transfer descisions MrMac should take their club off them ... shall we start a poll :D

I bought Gutierrez at 89 and he recently dropped to 88 :( got a good 10 weeks or so out of him and he helped me get promoted so not too bad. Stuck with the old fart now though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Two defeats in a row, no win in 3, time for another tactics overhaul :)

Anzhi slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against VfB Stuttgart in their Division 3 fixture.
    Guerrero was on the scoresheet for his side.

I bought Gutierrez at 89 and he recently dropped to 88 :( got a good 10 weeks or so out of him and he helped me get promoted so not too bad. Stuck with the old fart now though :D

to be fair, as a newcastle supported I would never have bought Jonas, he's been poor for probably 18-24months now .... thought he was a banker for a drop ...

Thats it ... you loose your team .... MAC!!! where are you?! Sack Him Now! :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    to be fair, as a newcastle supported I would never have bought Jonas, he's been poor for probably 18-24months now .... thought he was a banker for a drop ...

Thats it ... you loose your team .... MAC!!! where are you?! Sack Him Now! :D

But....but.... :(

No one tell him who I am

<.<
    >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads im considering ending my position with Inter, lost 6 out of 6 and was beaten 1-6 by Chelsea:(, ffs I havnt changed much since last season, havnt a clue why its gone so wrong this season.

what have you changed?......personal? formation? tactics?

be patient, maybe play HOOOOF ball for the next few matches and see where that takes you. :rolleyes:

don't quit cause of a few bad results. i lost 10 of my first 14 matches last season and still finished 9th and should of been higher but for a slip up in the last 4 matches.

But....but.... :(

No one tell him who I am

<.<
    >.>

We wont .......

whispers: He's the guy with Gutierrez in his team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

earned a draw with Athletic Club against Lyon.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Athletic Club and Lyon in their Division 3 fixture.

Wiese had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Jansen and Kaboul were amongst the goalscorers.

Went 2-0 up so a bit disappointed with the draw, but I would have taken it at the start so not too many complaints - and my new defensive rock did the business at the other end !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

swoody wrote: »
    what have you changed?......personal? formation? tactics?

be patient, maybe play HOOOOF ball for the next few matches and see where that takes you. :rolleyes:

don't quit cause of a few bad results. i lost 10 of my first 14 matches last season and still finished 9th and should of been higher but for a slip up in the last 4 matches.
    thanks, maybe I shud hire trap as my assistant! I changed formation towards the end of last season and won a few games, my friendly results are good but my league form stinks!

Teamshawdow dumped me with gallas,and i was only a noob,he told me he would rise and yet two games later he dropped... :D

disclaimer.jpg

Disclaimer the views expressed here,are not necessarily true,and may have been created for comedic value.

lads im considering ending my position with Inter, lost 6 out of 6 and was beaten 1-6 by Chelsea:(, ffs I havnt changed much since last season, havnt a clue why its gone so wrong this season.
    Quiting?!

No way man!!:mad:

Maybe stop making changes, keep things as they are for a while, let players get settled/comfortable with tactics, dont use anything to complicated in the shape of team instructions ....

You were the team I property worried about in the playoffs last season.

Please stick with it ... you'll recover ... might even go on a cup run ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

cheers mate, I reckon route one football mite be the answer!

Teamshawdow dumped me with gallas,and i was only a noob,he told me he would rise and yet two games later he dropped... :D

WdqLxoL.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

SACK THEM ALL !! MUHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    SACK THEM ALL !! MUHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

We need a vote on the subject first tho!

• Advertisement

Sunday 8pm. Dortmund vs Sunderland.

Paddy power betting odds. Dortmund win 1/2. Sunderland win 6/1. Draw 5/2.

lads stick a few quid on sunderland,then give me the ball and tell the boys to start celebrating. :D

Sunday 8pm. Dortmund vs Sunderland.

Paddy power betting odds. Dortmund win 1/2. Sunderland win 6/1. Draw 5/2.

lads stick a few quid on sunderland,then give me the ball and tell the boys to start celebrating. :D

pity i couldn't get e/w

f732d181ee1b0692568cc49f7c482864.png

is there a money back special?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Good result for my lads tonight, poor Braga look like they couldn't buy a win at this rate though.

After a shaky start my lads are starting to look like the team I know they are and I hope I can get a run going and push for automatic promotion as the idea of having to go through the play offs is nightmare inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Juan Jesus gone from 86 to 88 for me this morning. Only 22yrs old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Busy morning!!!

Finally Marchetti gone to 90, Brayan Perea up to 83..... and I'm hopeful over the next few days 2-3 more Lazio players will hit 90!!!

Also have the highest bid accepted on Enes Unal - 170 goals in 102 games in the academy league has atttracted the attention of Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Juventus, Villarreal and Mönchengladbach.
    He scored on his professional debut against Galatasary after coming of the bench and therefore broke the record of the youngest goal scorer in Turkish league history at the age of 16

Oh and got EIKREM, Magnus, Rene Meulensteen considers him right up there with Pogba as CM's that should have been kept at Old Trafford! He seen similar qualities in him to Luca Modric, I'll certainly take that!!!!!

If the barce manager leaves i want them,i called it first,and seen as i refuse to reconize the manager rating system,my call is legal. so out of fairness and respect if they do come up,dont bother applying for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

If the barce manager leaves i want them,i called it first,and seen as i refuse to reconize the manager rating system,my call is legal. so out of fairness and respect if they do come up,dont bother applying for them.

Wow, I say a lot of people will want Barca if he leaves!! I remember when I got Real Madrid only about 4 people wanted them. I was 2nd choice after PPPP didn't want them. ( I think it was PPPP ) ,

They obviously had far more commitments with their team and well done to them for promotion.

But if the Barca manager leaves, best of luck to whoever gets them! Anyone who gets them obviously has the credentials as it goes by manager rating and what not!

wishful thinking. seeing as he sold me a player two weeks ago and he placed a bid on isco a few days ago. i'd say you'll be waiting a while unless he gets disillusioned by his sides shocking start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I've yet to find out who this illusive barca manager is on boards that ye talk about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Tinie wrote: »
    I've yet to find out who this illusive barca manager is on boards that ye talk about.

He who shall not be named, the dark lord.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement